+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ronnie Radford

Ronnie Radford

RIP

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63489122

What a goal he scored for Hereford.

Re: Ronnie Radford

If he'd had a pound every time THAT goal was shown on the telly, he'd have been a very rich man.

RIP Ronnie 🙏

Such a great occasion and will live in memories....look a the state of the pitch....That was football as it should be....I wish I had been there!!! RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    RIP

RIP Ronnie.

Good luck with getting back into the football league, Hereford. Always one of my favourite away trips, back in the day

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    If he'd had a pound every time THAT goal was shown on the telly, he'd have been a very rich man.

RIP Ronnie ��
    I reckon he'd have between 50 and 75 quid.

Like millions of others i’ve seen that goal lots of times. The pitch was poor, but didn’t the ball “ bobble” just before he connected with it ? Those were the days when the FA Cup meant something to players and fans alike.

RIP Ronnie Radford and thank you for 'that goal'. Sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Hereford are in FA Cup action on TV this Friday evening v Portsmouth. BBC2

I was there. One uncle a City fan, the other a Hereford fan. It was mayhem. There was a tin shack toilet built around a tree which collapsed when one of the goals went in.

I’ve been very lucky to be at two great cup upsets, that game & City v Leeds, which was my sons first game.

R.I.P Ronnie, you will forever be an icon.

P.s. I’ve played two county cup finals at Edgar St., maybe 78 & 79. It was ploughed field with puddles, just like that day.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I reckon he'd have between 50 and 75 quid.

You're kidding though right?
    Okay maybe very rich man was stretching it a bit.

Since his goal, 50 odd years ago was it, FA Cup day the TV stations would always show the goals that caused upsets down the years as part of their marketing strategy to get you tuning in.

Radford's goal was always part of their compilation and I reckon shown far more than others that knocked big teams out.
    I reckon I've seen it more than 50 to 75 times myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Never seen that before.
    Looks even better from that angle!
    The cheek of the man,.
    Wonderful 👏 👏 👏

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    RIP

Brilliant moment , can see him now lanky fella with his hands aloft, running towards the crowd , via a grainy TV picture .

RIP Ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

You're kidding though right?
    Okay maybe very rich man was stretching it a bit.

Since his goal, 50 odd years ago was it, FA Cup day the TV stations would always show the goals that caused upsets down the years as part of their marketing strategy to get you tuning in.

Radford's goal was always part of their compilation and I reckon shown far more than others that knocked big teams out.
    I reckon I've seen it more than 50 to 75 times myself.
    I'm assuming the BBC still owns the rights. It maybe gets trotted out once a year, more if Hereford make the 3rd round

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

That’s a great angle to see it from, it was going in all the way. People forget that the game was a replay after Hereford had gone to St James’Park and drew.

The most impressive thing about the goal was that it was one of those old, awful balls that flew into the net.

RIP Ronnie Redford.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That’s a great angle to see it from, it was going in all the way. People forget that the game was a replay after Hereford had gone to St James’Park and drew.

The most impressive thing about the goal was that it was one of those old, awful balls that flew into the net.

RIP Ronnie Redford.
    I liked Robert Radford in The Sting.........do some think it was the winner? Malcolm Macdonald put Newcastle one up, Radford equalised and the little remembered Ricky George got the winner.

Thanks for the comments on here. Was a poignant occasion on Friday, shame we ran out of steam on the pitch.

The match was a sellout, capacity less than 5000, though about 20 didn't turn up!

Was trying to work out our last sell out, we've sold out home tickets a couple of times since our reform, but not away.

I think the last time both home and away areas were sold out may have been our cup tie in January 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanishen Bull View Post
    Thanks for the comments on here. Was a poignant occasion on Friday, shame we ran out of steam on the pitch.

The match was a sellout, capacity less than 5000, though about 20 didn't turn up!

Was trying to work out our last sell out, we've sold out home tickets a couple of times since our reform, but not away.

I think the last time both home and away areas were sold out may have been our cup tie in January 2008.
    I see Harry Pinchard was playing for you - I remember watching him, Keenan Patten and Sam Bowen being the midfield three in a good Welsh under 17 team which won a group featuring Russia, Poland and Albania I think it was which was played in Cardiff and Newport. I thought Pinchard had a chance of playing for our first team, but he turned down a contract offer with us amid some talk of a trial with Man City.