+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interest Rates

Re: Interest Rates

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    Oil is not the planet's most important commodity. Get a grip
    It is , it drives the manufacturing world ask the Germans ?? and the world would grind to a halt

What is the world's most important commodity?
    10 of the Most Traded Commodities in the World
    Brent Crude Oil. The first two entries on our list of the most traded commodities in the world should come as little surprise. ...
    WTI Crude Oil. ...
    Natural Gas. ...
    Gold. ...
    Silver. ...
    Copper. ...
    Coffee. ...
    Sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It is , it drives the manufacturing world ask the Germans ?? and the world would grind to a halt

Brent Crude Oil. The first two entries on our list of the most traded commodities in the world should come as little surprise. ...
    WTI Crude Oil. ...
    Natural Gas. ...
    Gold. ...
    Silver. ...
    Copper. ...
    Coffee. ...
    Sugar.
    What good is all that energy without wheat and water?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    When do the banks decide to apply it to savings accounts rather than just credit and mortgages? I see 3% starting to creep in with the online banks or 5 yr deals
    You can get 5% 3yr fixed or 4,6% 2yr fixed - these were available before the latest interest rate increase...

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

WTI Crude Oil. ...
    Natural Gas. ...
    Gold. ...
    Silver. ...
    Copper. ...
    Coffee. ...
    Sugar.
    BASF moving what's left in Germany permanently to U.S. where energy [oil] costs are 25% of Europe's.

What good is all that energy without wheat and water?
    What's the use of those without oxygen?

When I said crude oil is the most important commodity I meant from an economic perspective. That's something, I suspect, we will become acutely aware of in next to no time when it becomes increasingly unaffordable.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Bugs and lab produced protein represents fantastic value. Exotic luxury foods such as milk, cheese, beef & chicken not so much, and they should be reserved for the people who can afford them, such as billionaires, royalty and government officials.
    Will people cut down on beer and wine next year?

I would have thought so, and pubs will suffer, it's coffee shops that amaze me, there are more and more shops every year and they all seem busy of £3 odd a coffee?

Attendances at pubs I attend are certainly declining.

Lardy and co will be quick to surmise that's because I like to interview punters and avail them of my doom-laden prognostications.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    What's the use of those without oxygen?

When I said crude oil is the most important commodity I meant from an economic perspective. That's something, I suspect, we will become acutely aware of in next to no time when it becomes increasingly unaffordable.
    All economic value starts with agriculture. Without a surplus of food there is no economy

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    You can get 5% 3yr fixed or 4,6% 2yr fixed - these were available before the latest interest rate increase...
    With who?

All economic value starts with agriculture. Without a surplus of food there is no economy
    Agriculture requires energy, and removing fossil fuels at a rapid pace will have a direct impact, as will moving farmers off their land. There is also the limits on fertiliser use to contend with.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    With who?
    Union Bank of India, Vanquis - a few others yesterday but seem to have been withdrawn/fully subscribed