+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blind positivity v depressing negativity

Blind positivity v depressing negativity

I’m currently 80% in the depressing negativity camp. Why? I hear you ask. Well, football is ultimately a game won by scoring goals, you can pass the ball around all you want, score no goals you are in trouble. We are the lowest scorers in the division (alongside Preston) with 14 goals in 18 games, depressingly poor.

The question I would ask of those edging more towards blind positivity is, “where are these goals going to come from”?

I’ve seen nothing that makes me think we’ll suddenly start banging the goals in.

Re: Blind positivity v depressing negativity

Maybe January will bring us a goal scorer

I'm 50/50. I don't think we're that good, but the football is better and we seem to be taking a more modern approach to things. And I do see potential. That's probably the biggest positive for me.

Without a decent forward and who will receive decent supply we are probably going to be relegated.

Yours,
    TBG,
    Stating thebleedin' obvious,
    The University of Life,
    Reading gas meters and toilet walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Without a decent forward and who will receive decent supply we are probably going to be relegated.

Yours,
    TBG,
    The University of Life,
    No probably about it

At present we are a bust flush

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    I’m currently 80% in the depressing negativity camp. Why? I hear you ask. Well, football is ultimately a game won by scoring goals, you can pass the ball around all you want, score no goals you are in trouble. We are the lowest scorers in the division (alongside Preston) with 14 goals in 18 games, depressingly poor.

The question I would ask of those edging more towards blind positivity is, “where are these goals going to come from”?

I’ve seen nothing that makes me think we’ll suddenly start banging the goals in.
    "Why, i hear you ask" Fair play, i think i pissed out a corn flake when i read that

That team are in desperate need of some creativity in the midfield. Wintle, Ralls and Rinomhota are all solid players but they're unlikely to produce much going forward, but I don't think we'll go down, we've had a tough run of fixtures where circumstances haven't helped and I'd say there are certainly worse teams than us. I also don't think it's unreasonable to expect us to improve considering after the World Cup considering this is a mainly new squad missing some important players in Colwill, Davies and now Robinson who will all (hopefully) be available after the World Cup. Colwill and Robinson's creativity coupled with Davies' pace make us a different proposition entirely

Maybe we can get Hugill back on loan in January. He would be a good target man for Robinson and even Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    Maybe we can get Hugill back on loan in January. He would be a good target man for Robinson and even Harris.
    I don't think that Harris should be playing at this level.

our most played strikers this season are Harris and Watters so far aren't they?
    if Davies was fit and Robinson was available I don't think either would be anywhere near the team.
    Davies was ahead of both last season and I think he's a far better prospect than either, and Robinson is a good championship player.
    Also Colwill being out for so long hasn't helped, he was our joint top scorer or thereabouts last year.

take 2 or 3 of our best attacking options out of almost any of our teams from the last 20 years and we would be significantly diminished

On the more positive side, I was impressed by Philogene on Wednesday night, and I think once Robinson is back, they could form a good forward pairing. Play three centre-backs, and two wing-backs in a 2-5-2 formation. And come January, we should sell/loan out Harris and Watters, and sign another forward instead. Sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    "Why, i hear you ask" Fair play, i think i pissed out a corn flake when i read that
    Haha the voices in my head regularly regale me with message board stories.

Haha the voices in my head regularly regale me with message board stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post

Yours,
    TBG,
    The University of Life,
    Agreed, I’m more interested in finding out why the blindly positive seem to think we’ll turn this around.

I’ll be home for a month over Christmas, I should be excited about getting to see a few games …. but I need an injection of something positive to get my enthusiasm going!

A year ago we were scoring more goals but had the 2nd worst defensive record in the division. We'd also won 3 fewer points at this moment in the season.

I thought I was the miserable one on here ?

We have had it unless new faces come in , the team is not good enough at present

Goals scored with Robinson in the team, eight in eight league games plus the seven minutes he played against Swansea, goals scored without Robinson in the team six in ten in all competitions, plus the eighty three minutes when he wasn’t on the pitch at Swansea (he’s only played seven and a half matches actually, because he came on af half time at Millwall). Our goalscoring record with him in the team is poor, but so much better than when he’s missing.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I thought I was the miserable one on here ?

We have had it unless new faces come in , the team is not good enough at present
    Haha I’m a practical man, the league table and results tell me what I need to know. (And you know I love you really)

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    A year ago we were scoring more goals but had the 2nd worst defensive record in the division. We'd also won 3 fewer points at this moment in the season.
    Thanks mate. I do worry that our defence is starting to shake too at the moment.

My main worry is that we suffer a few key injuries, Kipre, Rino or Ralls say, and the people coming in aren’t good enough.

Thanks mate. I do worry that our defence is starting to shake too at the moment.

My main worry is that we suffer a few key injuries, Kipre, Rino or Ralls say, and the people coming in aren’t good enough.
    It is a worry considering we're two points above the relegation places with those names in the team.

This thread needs rescuing by dml.

Weve missed the creative skills of Colwill and the pace of Davies, players like Harris and Watters should never be near the team

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Weve missed the creative skills of Colwill and the pace of Davies, players like Harris and Watters should never be near the team
    I think Harris is the same standard as most of the squad. Watters is way out of his depth.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    This thread needs rescuing by dml.
    😂😂😂