+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blind positivity v depressing negativity

International

Re: Blind positivity v depressing negativity

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    I’m currently 80% in the depressing negativity camp. Why? I hear you ask. Well, football is ultimately a game won by scoring goals, you can pass the ball around all you want, score no goals you are in trouble. We are the lowest scorers in the division (alongside Preston) with 14 goals in 18 games, depressingly poor.

The question I would ask of those edging more towards blind positivity is, “where are these goals going to come from”?

I’ve seen nothing that makes me think we’ll suddenly start banging the goals in.
    Football has changed it will never be the same, plus we are all older, so lifes not quite the same either, and we need a character that can score goals like a Chopra, that would improve it slightly!

538 has Hull, Rotherham and Huddersfield to go down, and has us reaching 55 points.
    they give us a 20% chance of going down this season

Everyone seems to believe that Colwill and Davies will produce the goods and help us stay up. I am not convinced - Colwill is too nice- yes he can spot a pass, but no great pace and gets muscled off the ball too easily despite his size, and he's never used his height to trouble defenders. What is his confidence factor going forward, fearful of getting injured again?
    As far Isaak Davies - yes an exciting player, but again he has been out a long long time, and usually when that happens, players do not come back with the same pace they originally had. I hope I am wrong but....
    Having been encouraged by introducing young players towards the end of last season it is disappointed to see them not getting a look in - not even on the bench. Don't tell me there are no youngsters (and remember they are around 20 years of age), that cannot challenge for a team place - even on the bench - cannot do worse than some in the team. If there are not then they should not be at the club.
    Also, somewhat underwhelmed at new coach.....seems to have followed failure in coaching.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Goals scored with Robinson in the team, eight in eight league games plus the seven minutes he played against Swansea, goals scored without Robinson in the team six in ten in all competitions, plus the eighty three minutes when he wasn’t on the pitch at Swansea (he’s only played seven and a half matches actually, because he came on af half time at Millwall). Our goalscoring record with him in the team is poor, but so much better than when he’s missing.
    Thats exactly right, keep him fit we will be fine, if he's out we will struggle big time.

Sign a left back and keep Romeo fit, top half finish.

I'm not sure I've come across much blind positivity really. I guess the most positive opinion is that we aren't generally playing that bad etc.

If I'm honest, in all my years following City, the feeling that most floats to the surface is apathy.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I'm not sure I've come across much blind positivity really. I guess the most positive opinion is that we aren't generally playing that bad etc.

If I'm honest, in all my years following City, the feeling that most floats to the surface is apathy.
    I've spotted a few people that are 100% convinced we'll easily stay up, but you are right, my general feeling is slipping towards.........meh.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    I've spotted a few people that are 100% convinced we'll easily stay up, but you are right, my general feeling is slipping towards.........meh.
    I'll remain positive until after the next transfer window.
    Only because i believe we are in a rebuilding stage and that we will bring in the players needed in January.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I'll remain positive until after the next transfer window.
    Only because i believe we are in a rebuilding stage and that we will bring in the players needed in January.
    And offload the several players clearly not up to the mark.
    Campbell
    Nelson
    Watters
    Harris
    Everton loanee I cannot spell
    Cannot get shot of Simpson, Ojo, Sawyers due to contracts unfortunately.
    Be good if we can get McGuinness back. Will give us much needed height in defence, and at corners, even if his distribution suspect.

I’d be happier investing in a manager than the squad. I honestly don’t think the squad is that bad. Annoyingly the biggest issue is Morisons confidence in his system and gone against what he did so well in January. First thing he did in January was give us different options upfront and a lump to switch things up. Now we have nothing.

I’m confident we have the squad to stay up, not confident we will hire or have the right manager.

in the greater scheme of things none of these things really matter, the club existed before you were born and it will exist long after you are gone

I don't invest any worries or fears in a bunch of athletes who earn £20,000+ every week

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    in the greater scheme of things none of these things really matter, the club existed before you were born and it will exist long after you are gone

I don't invest any worries or fears in a bunch of athletes who earn £20,000+ every week
    Very deep, I was going to go to Tesco food shopping this morning but Fck it, we’re all going to die anyway haha