+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Massive games you’ve missed.

Re: Massive games you’ve missed.

Only City game I can think of was Scunthorpe title clincher in 93.
    I was only 10 years young, but I did go to the Wrexham game.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Belguim v Wales in Lille

Was stuck in that massive queue in Folkestone
    **** me, they could have opened more than one turnstile.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Both of mine are FA Cup related, I didn’t make Leeds at home due to a “relationship breakdown” with a close family member, no further details on that one.

The far worse story is the FA cup final when I got on the coach at the Muni, was so physically unwell from the amount of alcohol I was drinking at the time, that I had to get off at the lights at the end of City Rd and go home. Horrific, and another experience that alcohol took away from me.
    That's a shitter. Hope things are better for you on the Alcohol front now. Vicious stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That's a shitter. Hope things are better for you on the Alcohol front now. Vicious stuff.
    All good thanks mate. 6 and a half years totally off the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    All good thanks mate. 6 and a half years totally off the stuff.
    Credit to you! I stopped drinking in 2008. Not for any reason other than i didn't like the taste and i felt ****ing awful the next day if i had too much of the stuff. I don't even consider it now, although can't be around pissed people.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Credit to you! I stopped drinking in 2008. Not for any reason other than i didn't like the taste and i felt ****ing awful the next day if i had too much of the stuff. I don't even consider it now, although can't be around pissed people.
    Nor me

Pissed people are idiots

People sometimes describe themselves as happy drunks

But there is nothing happy or funny or amusing about piss artists

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    World Cup semi final Italia 90.

Got on the wrong train asI followed a load of what I thought were Germans but turned out were an Austrian tourist group.

So late getting to the ground I was refused entry and detained until well after it was all over.

On the plus side they issued me a document that allowed a refund to be made and I avoided the predictable penalty shoot out pain.
    Oh no! :-o

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Belguim v Wales in Lille

Was stuck in that massive queue in Folkestone
    I was in that queue (for Eurostar) but for some reason (and very unlike me) I was quite calm. I then read a Tweet, from Cerys Matthews I think, that said if you have a match ticket get in the queue and they’ll let you in the next train (rather than the one that I was booked on, which had been delayed like all the others) so I did and they let me on.

We got to France about an hour and 20 mins before KO and absolutely caned it (and I mean caned it) making it to our seats 9 mins before KO having sprinted all the way from the car park to the ground.

Just mental and just as well that we won.

Didn't go to France in 2016 so regret missing that.
    As for Cardiff there's plenty of away games I wish I'd been at such as Scunthorpe and the Leicester playoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I was in that queue (for Eurostar) but for some reason (and very unlike me) I was quite calm. I then read a Tweet, from Cerys Matthews I think, that said if you have a match ticket get in the queue and they’ll let you in the next train (rather than the one that I was booked on, which had been delayed like all the others) so I did and they let me on.

We got to France about an hour and 20 mins before KO and absolutely caned it (and I mean caned it) making it to our seats 9 mins before KO having sprinted all the way from the car park to the ground.

Just mental and just as well that we won.
    As a footnote to this, to make the whole journey and experience even more surreal, the car behind us on the train was also full of Wales fans hoping to make it to the game in time.

I recognised one of them from the rubbish Cup Final ‘Do The Ayatollah’ video who turned out to be Rod Woodward. We worked out that his Dad Karl worked with my Dad at the Eggo back in the 1970s.

Rod asked if they could follow us as they weren’t sure of the way. I said that they were welcome to try and keep up!

I sometimes wonder if they did make it in time….