+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wales official song

Wales official song

Re: Wales official song

I think s they should sing " we shall overcome and not go " better than virtual signals

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I think s they should sing " we shall overcome and not go " better than virtual signals
    Virtual signals?

Christ that’s good.
    I’ve watched that and now I think we’re going to get to the semis at least.

Some clowns in here keep saying we won’t even make it out of the group!!
    How negative can you get! Have you been asleep for the last 8 years of Welsh football?!

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Virtual signals?
    Its where someone does or says something about a cause like wearing a rainbow armband and feels better for it ..

I am Welsh and proud of it. Born in Wales, as were my parents and grandparents. That song means absolutely nothing to me and doesn't represent me or my views.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Its where someone does or says something about a cause like wearing a rainbow armband and feels better for it ..
    So it’s like virtue signalling then but over zoom or something?

Love it

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I am Welsh and proud of it. Born in Wales, as were my parents and grandparents. That song means absolutely nothing to me and doesn't represent me or my views.
    Boring man

Surely an official world cup song should have the players "singing" the chorus whilst looking deeply embarrassed, or rapping or something 😁

Virtual signals?
    Be a bit of a damp squid of a tournament if we pulled out now.

What's more your scene?

For He's A Jolly Good Fellow as VT walks from his car to the Cardiff City Stadium doors v Hull?

It's moving and powerful

Which views don’t you agree with?

Bar one mention of Thatcher (which he doesn’t sing anymore) there’s very little opinionated views in it.

“We’re still here despite everything and everyone” is applicable to pretty much every nation on earth and not exactly a controversial statement.

Every Gog has it's day.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Which views don’t you agree with?

Bar one mention of Thatcher (which he doesn’t sing anymore) there’s very little opinionated views in it.

“We’re still here despite everything and everyone” is applicable to pretty much every nation on earth and not exactly a controversial statement.
    As Mike, has found out on this board, why bring politics into it, should be all about football. What’s next, girls in silver cowboy hats and people with cloth daffodils on their heads

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    It's moving and powerful
    A bit like diarrhea..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    A bit like diarrhea..

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    As Mike, has found out on this board, why bring politics into it, should be all about football. What’s next, girls in silver cowboy hats and people with cloth daffodils on their heads
    What about the ‘Yoggy, Yoggy, Yoggy, Oi, Oi, Oi ‘ song Must be a place for that

Just a thought. How about "..do the Ayatollah everyone ..." against Iran.

Isn't it funny how all the right wing Tories on here hate it?

Im as welsh as they come and proud of it, my both girls ( both in Bath ) are both ferociously Welsh

I was looking forward to a good Welsh World Cup song to celebrate us being part of it ( something lighthearted, like a welsh version of the 3 lions ) , bits of the Video mean something, Bodes pen miss being my main one I spotted, I loved KM with his T-shirt, Bellers goal :Wales: but why include the miners strike and I guess the old black and white grainy footage is from the Tryweryn protests ? ? ? is that Coslett in the video. ? ? not sure what that adds, unless the song talks about them incidents ?? at least then the World Cup is over the " yes cymru " lot can reuse most of the video

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Im as welsh as they come and proud of it, my both girls ( both in Bath ) are both ferociously Welsh

I was looking forward to a good Welsh World Cup song to celebrate us being part of it ( something lighthearted, like a welsh version of the 3 lions ) , bits of the Video mean something, Bodes pen miss being my main one I spotted, I loved KM with his T-shirt, Bellers goal :Wales: but why include the miners strike and I guess the old black and white grainy footage is from the Tryweryn protests ? ? ? is that Coslett in the video. ? ? not sure what that adds, unless the song talks about them incidents ?? at least then the World Cup is over the " yes cymru " lot can reuse most of the video
    Part of the song is about the miner strikes

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Isn't it funny how all the right wing Tories on here hate it?
    You should know by now that I'm not a right wing Tory. I don't hate it, I just don't like it. I think the edit with a very nationalistic slant is embarrassing for us tbh and political clips makes us look like the victim which isn't a good look to be going into an international tournament. You didn't like it the other day when I accused the FAW of rebranding Welsh football. I think this is just another part of that process.

I've followed Wales all my life. I've read about Welsh football. I've a huge collection of memorabilia all mentioning Wales. So for me, it's very much a rebrand and it's also hypocritical. In the end, I believe it will prove more divisive than inclusive and I really wish we'd stuck to football and footage of '58 blended in with the players and teams who worked so hard over the decades and came so close at times. There are amazing players who played for Wales who deserved more recognition than clips of the f*cking miner's strike et al

I know there'll be loads who don't like what I'm saying, but I'm still here too and have every right to say what I think.

F*ck the flags, f*ck the anthems F*ck the politics. Praise the football.
    Last edited by Citizen's Nephew; 07-11-22 at 14:33. Reason: Spelling

National team playing in a competition against other Nations, is too Nationalistic....is that right, did i get it?