+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Message board meet ups.

Re: Message board meet ups.

I've got a Panini sticker book with everyone in there I am now adding home locations , boozers they frequent and if they sit in the stadium , nearly there , guess what I found some don't even go the ground .

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    well of course.

i've spent a lot of time with the regular ccmb posters over the years, many on the TIT trips, Jimmy, olderblue, splott parker, Delmbox etc etc.. went on many awayday jaunts with Cardiff-Cal and Arfur Europe who shares the same bad taste in humour

I had the brief pleasure of TBG ��

and soulsurfer

and..

and..

there have been lots.
    It was very fleeting indeed. Our eyes met, I think something tangible passed between us and you then hastily skulked off into the afternoon post-haste. It was a bit like Brief Encounter without the cuppa.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    You would probably recognise Organ Maudling as he would be badgering people in the pub garden.
    is that like dogging

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I've got a Panini sticker book with everyone in there I am now adding home locations , boozers they frequent and if they sit in the stadium , nearly there , guess what I found some don't even go the ground .
    if anyone else posted this i'd think that they were joking...

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    All that tin foil could get confusing!
    Tin foil, they would run out if stock in Western Europe if everyone turned up

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    There were regular Christmas parties years back. They always descended into mass brawls. Moggis would act as peacemaker to restore order. Which was ironic as he would always start the aggro by putting the welly into someone.

Initially each occasion was a friendly affair, then grog took its toll as the pro and anti-Hammam factions baited each other.

The centrepiece of those gatherings was awarding CCMB's Poster of the Year crown. Bobsy Wilson would win that in a canter every time by garnering 80% of the nominations. It went to his head somewhat. He would swan into the venue wearing a tuxedo while holding a gold pen poised in one hand ready to sign autographs.
    ...and all that without mentioning Sludge?

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Have there ever been any in the past? I know a few on here in “real life” I know Mike by sight, Mr L Gunman and Blue Lewj (yes he’s a real person) but has there ever been a meet up?
    There was at least one in the past and even some photos.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    There was at least one in the past and even some photos.....
    Blimey - I have found some!

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    There were regular Christmas parties years back. They always descended into mass brawls. Moggis would act as peacemaker to restore order. Which was ironic as he would always start the aggro by putting the welly into someone.

Initially each occasion was a friendly affair, then grog took its toll as the pro and anti-Hammam factions baited each other.

The centrepiece of those gatherings was awarding CCMB's Poster of the Year crown. Bobsy Wilson would win that in a canter every time by garnering 80% of the nominations. It went to his head somewhat. He would swan into the venue wearing a tuxedo while holding a gold pen poised in one hand ready to sign autographs.
    Just wondering how many on here have ever worn a tuxedo?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    A couple of times, both for weddings.
    One was white - hated it.

The tory boys?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I'm giving you a heads up here.

JR Hartley is actually worse up close and in reality.

Like a rabid pug.
    I object

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    that's a really edgy take bigman, a couple of gents suggest a ccmb meet-up and this is deemed 100% evidence of homosexual tendencies, nice one.

good that.

what a guy.
    I'm taking from this I misread the OPs intentions.

Jokes on me obviously

One of them was before this game. Things went downhill after the meet up - a dismal game in the rain.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot..._1/4819692.stm
    Indeed. We won 1 point from the final 6 games. One of the better end of season run-ins under Dave Jones!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Indeed. We won 1 point from the final 6 games. One of the better end of season run-ins under Dave Jones!
    If you could meet 5 other people you've never met from the MB at Christmas time for a drink, who would it be?
    Mine would be
    Tuerto
    JR Hartley
    Des Parrot
    RJK
    DML

The first four, because I think you could have a good conversation about the City and Football in general

The last one, because I'd buy him a beer for being the best WUM on here, or for being the best genuine poster
    Either way I'd buy him a pint

Who would be on your list?

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    If you could meet 5 other people you've never met from the MB at Christmas time for a drink, who would it be?
    Mine would be
    Tuerto
    JR Hartley
    Des Parrot
    RJK
    DML

The first four, because I think you could have a good conversation about the City and Football in general

The last one, because I'd buy him a beer for being the best WUM on here, or for being the best genuine poster
    Either way I'd buy him a pint

Who would be on your list?
    Thank you! Your posts on Morison had me in bits, i loved them. I agreed with you,and your style, no nonsense, straight to the point was really good and very funny. Well played

It wouldn't bother me if you disagreed with anything I said, as you'd put a constructive case for why you think something should happen, which is great for debate
    Football is all about opinions my lads rarely agree with me and that's all part of the match day experience, who would you pick to start, and the chat in the pub afterwards
    Ref Morison he was a fraud and wont ever get a top job again, obviously imho

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I object
    on what grounds?

Meet ups should only be one to one and in Beddau.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Meet ups should only be one to one and in Beddau.
    I went to Beddau to see one of these meet ups and no one turned up!