+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Message board meet ups.

Re: Message board meet ups.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I remember we did on the old official message board many many years ago. Got to meet quite a few from the other board when Carl used to run away coaches.
    Where's he gone ?

I remember we did on the old official message board many many years ago. Got to meet quite a few from the other board when Carl used to run away coaches.
    Whatever happened to Carl? Is he still posting on the 'Other' board?

No idea, don’t look at the other board anymore.

No idea, don’t look at the other board anymore.
    Could you just pop over and let us know?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Could you just pop over and let us know?
    He used to stand under the ninian park gates which were moved to the other side of sloper rd

With his brother

Neath boys

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You'd have to introduce yourself at least 6 times
    So true

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I remember going to one pre match meet up years ago. Think i met Arfur, TVB and possibly Gabbs amongst others.
    I thought I met you on that occasion but I could be wrong. Met Arfur for the first and only time.

We had a couple of ‘offiical’ MB meet ups. I’ll sort the pics later.

Probably 15 years ago. Maybe more.

Used to be easier to bump into people from this messageboard before we got to the championship as the crowds were much smaller. Used to bump into Mike in the Canton Cross many years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I thought I met you on that occasion but I could be wrong. Met Arfur for the first and only time.
    You are correct sir. Did you have a TBG pin badge?
    I knew I'd met you as I had a copy of a newspaper you were looking for, but couldn't remember if I'd met you before aswell. Apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There were some in the noughties in the Landsdowne.
    That is where I normally go before Saturday home games.

I’ve met a few from the other board and i think it was interesting. Most people are great when you meet them tbh.

I’d be up for it

I'm giving you a heads up here.

JR Hartley is actually worse up close and in reality.

Like a rabid pug.

I knew I'd met you as I had a copy of a newspaper you were looking for, but couldn't remember if I'd met you before aswell. Apologies.
    One of you was Chalkie White?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    We had a couple of ‘offiical’ MB meet ups. I’ll sort the pics later.

Probably 15 years ago. Maybe more.
    One of them was before this game. Things went downhill after the meet up - a dismal game in the rain.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot..._1/4819692.stm

There were regular Christmas parties years back. They always descended into mass brawls. Moggis would act as peacemaker to restore order. Which was ironic as he would always start the aggro by putting the welly into someone.

Initially each occasion was a friendly affair, then grog took its toll as the pro and anti-Hammam factions baited each other.

The centrepiece of those gatherings was awarding CCMB's Poster of the Year crown. Bobsy Wilson would win that in a canter every time by garnering 80% of the nominations. It went to his head somewhat. He would swan into the venue wearing a tuxedo while holding a gold pen poised in one hand ready to sign autographs.

Yes, I wore a badge. It was very confusing as no-one else was identifiable though.

Everyone should adorn themselves with something that projects their CCMB nomenclature, methinks.

Yes, I wore a badge. It was very confusing as no-one else was identifiable though.

Everyone should adorn themselves with something that projects their CCMB nomenclature, methinks.
    All that tin foil could get confusing!

Do the multi’s bring 8 mannequins with them ?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    All that tin foil could get confusing!
    You would probably recognise Organ Maudling as he would be badgering people in the pub garden.

Are you serious? I’d have to lug Jessie with me (for those who know what Jessie is).

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Are you serious? I’d have to lug Jessie with me (for those who know what Jessie is).
    well of course.

i've spent a lot of time with the regular ccmb posters over the years, many on the TIT trips, Jimmy, olderblue, splott parker, Delmbox etc etc.. went on many awayday jaunts with Cardiff-Cal and Arfur Europe who shares the same bad taste in humour

I had the brief pleasure of TBG 👀

and soulsurfer

and..

and..

there have been lots.

try grindr, it'll probably be more up your alley

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    try grindr, it'll probably be more up your alley
    that's a really edgy take bigman, a couple of gents suggest a ccmb meet-up and this is deemed 100% evidence of homosexual tendencies, nice one.

good that.

what a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    There were regular Christmas parties years back. They always descended into mass brawls. Moggis would act as peacemaker to restore order. Which was ironic as he would always start the aggro by putting the welly into someone.

Initially each occasion was a friendly affair, then grog took its toll as the pro and anti-Hammam factions baited each other.

The centrepiece of those gatherings was awarding CCMB's Poster of the Year crown. Bobsy Wilson would win that in a canter every time by garnering 80% of the nominations. It went to his head somewhat. He would swan into the venue wearing a tuxedo while holding a gold pen poised in one hand ready to sign autographs.
    Mr Morris does strike me as the “put the boot in” type.