+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: More Tan comments ‘I am not really very keen to sell’

Re: More Tan comments ‘I am not really very keen to sell’

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Do you honestly think I believed Vincent Tan was responding to people that post on here?

I couldn't give a flying fig if he personally mooned me through my front window. It still wouldn't change my opinion on how he runs the club.

As I've said before about my posts on here. They're as pointless as the next person's. You just post a lot more than me.
    Do I? Just because you rarely used your account until last few years (probably had another account) you’ve made 500 posts in the last month. I’d guess 95% of them saying the same thing.

You’ve made about 30 on this thread since 6.30am

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Coventry are £38.6m in debt without a stadium

Attachment 5294
    Havent they been in administration as well like others quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Havent they been in administration as well like others quoted.
    Oh yes, good point that.

Nothing to do with the debt as such it’s whether it’s serviceable.
    We also have a brand new stadium and new training ground in Llanrumney which many of them don’t

Just a couple of minor clarification points

1. The CCS is under a long term lease. The landlords are Cardiff County Council who own the freehold.

2. Cardiff City FC have no financial interest in the development in Llanrumney. It will be leased on an initial 30 year term by the House of Sport company and CCFC will just hire the use of it on certain days.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninian1962 View Post
    Just a couple of minor clarification points

1. The CCS is under a long term lease. The landlords are Cardiff County Council who own the freehold.

2. Cardiff City FC have no financial interest in the development in Llanrumney. It will be leased on an initial 30 year term by the House of Sport company and CCFC will just hire the use of it on certain days.
    The stadium will still be on the balance sheet though and the HOS is owned by Steve Borley isn’t it ?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Do I? Just because you rarely used your account until last few years (probably had another account) you’ve made 500 posts in the last month. I’d guess 95% of them saying the same thing.

You’ve made about 30 on this thread since 6.30am
    But still quite some way short of yours 😂

You've posted over 8,000 more times than me in less time. Dress it up how you like.

The stadium will still be on the balance sheet though and the HOS is owned by Steve Borley isn’t it ?

Yes the stadium is on the balance sheet and is a valuable income generating asset but can`t be sold on without the Council`s permission.

Yes HOS is partly owned by Steve Borley (and Vincent Tan) but not CCFC which will only hire its use (like it does with the Leckwith athletics stadium where some of Academy teams play)

Yes the stadium is on the balance sheet and is a valuable income generating asset but can`t be sold on without the Council`s permission.

Yes HOS is partly owned by Steve Borley (and Vincent Tan) but not CCFC which will only hire its use (like it does with the Leckwith athletics stadium where some of Academy teams play)
    How much of V.T’s £200m expenditure would have been on the stadium build / New stand / planning etc ?

How much of V.T’s £200m expenditure would have been on the stadium build / New stand / planning etc ?

The stadium was completed in 2009 so VT didn`t have to spend anything on planning or its construction.

The spend on the "red seats" stand expansion was just under £12m

The stadium was completed in 2009 so VT didn`t have to spend anything on planning or its construction.

The spend on the "red seats" stand expansion was just under £12m
    Thanks for the clarification. Out of interest who paid for the stadium build then ?

The house of sport is jointly owned by tan and borley

Thanks for the clarification. Out of interest who paid for the stadium build then ?
    The land on which the stadium was built was gifted by the Council. PMG made a contribution in exchange for getting permission to develop the retail park next to the ground. The Council also allowed the club to retain most of the proceeds from the sale of Ninian Park for housing (about £9m from memory).

Therefore the cost to the club was far less than the full cost of the build.

The land on which the stadium was built was gifted by the Council. PMG made a contribution in exchange for getting permission to develop the retail park next to the ground. The Council also allowed the club to retain most of the proceeds from the sale of Ninian Park for housing (about £9m from memory).

Still a cost though , which would be a reasonable amount of the current debt.

To say we have been very fortunate in regard to the stadium is possibly an understatement?

Still a cost though , which would be a reasonable amount of the current debt.
    The total cost of the stadium build in the accounts is £43m

According to transfermarkt, and I'm not saying for a second that it is absolutely 100% accurate, particularly when it comes to transfer fees, so this should be taken with a pinch of salt, but in the 12 years that Tan has been in charge, we've spend around £80million more in transfer fees than we've recouped. Much of that comes from our Premier League stints of course.