+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Caretaker Managers

Caretaker Managers

Can anyone think of a Caretaker Manager who has had worse form than Hudson, who has then been given the job, just before another defeat? Aside from the fact that recent defeats have included an embarrassing one in a derby.

I just don't really understand, especially given that Hudson isn't likely to be getting offers elsewhere at the moment so there's no real "danger" of losing him.

I did say when he first took over, that he'd get the new Manager bounce, be offered a contract, then the slump would kick in.

It's turned out I was wrong, because they've not had any real bounce, had the slump, and then been offered a contract.

Given the caretaker part is often a bit of a trial period before they start talking to proper Managers, it does beg the question what Hudson would have needed to do, in order to NOT be offered the job

Although I did note that he hasn't actually agreed the contract yet, if he was to turn it down or agree a longer deal then I think that would be the time to turn the lights off

Re: Caretaker Managers

The whole Morison sacking was bizarre. Theres got to be more to it than they were unhappy with results.

Ive no problem sacking him if weve a replacement but its obvious there was never intention of bringing in a new manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The whole Morison sacking was bizarre. Theres got to be more to it than they were unhappy with results.

Ive no problem sacking him if weve a replacement but its obvious there was never intention of bringing in a new manager.
    I saw the news piece the day after Morison was sacked and thought I was mis-reading it. Must have been something behind the scenes.

But Mark Hudson must be the only job trial, where someone has under-performed significantly and been offered the job permanently. What other caretaker has had results as bad as that and been offered the job?

The only people who are worse at recruiting leaders than us are the tory party.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

I think Tan confirmed that in his WOL interview:

"He was given an opportunity but didn't do as well as I thought he would," explains Tan. "Some were telling me to let him go. In the end I had to.

"In my many conversations with him I talked of certain things I thought he should be doing. We had a disagreement on some things. I had to ask Ken (Choo) to convey the bad news."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-city-25469143

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I think Tan confirmed that in his WOL interview:

"He was given an opportunity but didn't do as well as I thought he would," explains Tan. "Some were telling me to let him go. In the end I had to.

"In my many conversations with him I talked of certain things I thought he should be doing. We had a disagreement on some things. I had to ask Ken (Choo) to convey the bad news."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-city-25469143
    Sums up his failure to grasp tht he knows the square root of FA about football in one paragraph.

I'd love to know what Hudson is doing that SM didn't. I'd have loved to have heard that conversation or seen SM's reaction during it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Sums up his failure to grasp tht he knows the square root of FA about football in one paragraph.

I'd love to know what Hudson is doing that SM didn't. I'd have loved to have heard that conversation or seen SM's reaction during it.
    shooting practice for the goalkeepers is my bet

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    shooting practice for the goalkeepers is my bet
    Allsop had a couple of long range efforts last night.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Allsop had a couple of long range efforts last night.
    Didn’t even really test their keeper though