+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Scam Alert 🚨

Scam Alert 🚨

I had a random text message this morning saying “please don’t shout - I’ve lost my phone - can you WhatsApp me back on my friends number 07498116818

I knew it was a scam straight away as my daughter was sitting next to me

Firstly I forwarded the message on to 7726
    It’s a Police dedicated report scam line

Secondly if the scammers are messaging me and I’m taking up their time then they are not busy scamming someone else

Me and my daughter had a chuckle at their expense swapping WhatsApp messages promising to send them the money they asked for
    The conversation was vaguer than a psychic in Cardiff market but we managed to string the fecker along for nearly two hours

When we insisted on delivering the cash in person to the address “ my daughter was at” and NOT bank transferring they stopped messaging

So if you do get a similar random text you’ve been warned and if you do fancy a wind up and taking up a scammer’s time then WhatsApp the number above
    You need to start the conversation with something like -“omg me and mum have been really worried- how did you break your phone?”

Re: Scam Alert 🚨

It's mainly email scams - the Nigerian Prince type - but this site is hilarious.

https://www.419eater.com/