+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How can we be so inconsistent?

How can we be so inconsistent?

Rotherham, Sunderland and the first half today were completely at odds with Hull, Coventry and the second half. It’s not just Hudson either, it happened under Morison. The difference between Middlesbrough away and Huddersfield away spring to mind.

I just don’t get how it can change so rapidly. It’s broadly the same players playing the same tactics. Yes the opposition might set up differently but that shouldn’t suddenly make our players play worse than a week or even days before.

Re: How can we be so inconsistent?

I think Morison it was more he changed things to much, thought about the opposition to much and every game we had a plan, sometimes it worked other times it didn’t.

Under Hudson it seems more follow most what Morison did but press more. I’ve said elsewhere even when we were good today we still had no shape and were erratic. At no point was I confident we were in control.

I have no faith in Hudson, I think he got a good start piggybacking off Morisons work with a tweak and now he’s lost.

I think we are fairly consistent.

Just a really poor side.

Morison mainly to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I think we are fairly consistent.

Just a really poor side.

Morison mainly to blame.
    That’s not true though, off the top of my head, we’ve played well in all of the games we’ve won and dominated Preston in a draw. On the other hand, I can’t think of one defeat where we could claim to be unlucky. The OP is right, our performance levels vary greatly (yesterday they did in the same game). I don’t agree with those who say we’re rubbish, but the concerning thing is that we’re turning into a rubbish side at home yet again and our good performances are becoming less frequent - this is a team which seems to find it impossible to grind out wins when not playing well.