+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Should Vincent Tan employ somebody with more football knowledge at Cardiff City?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 84.00%
  • No

4 16.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should Vincent Tan employ somebody with more football experience at Cardiff City?

Re: Should Vincent Tan employ somebody with more football experience at Cardiff City?

Yes, of course we definitely need someone in a DOF type role but if it was to ever happen under Tan I still don’t think he’d relinquish enough control so it’d be pointless
    Just another role we can’t fill with anyone competent like the managers one

Re: Should Vincent Tan employ somebody with more football experience at Cardiff City?

what we need is a few more Del boy types. Pig shit ignorant about football but when it comes to business they are chancers and all will be cushty.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Totally agree

I'm not sure I have seen many if any back the current board structure in terms of its football knowledge but there is a difference between wanting someone in the club with football knowledge at board level and wanting tan gone _ as he said in the interview last week he doesn't see many people rocking up to but the club
    I think what Tan meant was he doesn't see many people offering him the money he wants. I dare say most people aren't that dim.

I've been watching 'Welcome to Wrexham' recently, and was mightily impressed with the way they went about recruiting their backroom staff. They appointed Shaun Harvey as advisor to the Board (ex Leeds, Bradford and Football League Chief Exec). Then he advised them on who to recruit as Chief Exec (for Wrexham), and then as their new manager. Okay, they have money to spend, but you can't tell me they have more than Vincent Tan.
    We need someone like that. I'm not saying we poach Harvey (might be an idea, mind), but we need someone with good footballing knowledge who can advise the owners on all aspects of the club. The problem is, I think there's an element of trust involved here, and I'm not sure Tan trusts anyone outside his little circle of friends.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I've been watching 'Welcome to Wrexham' recently, and was mightily impressed with the way they went about recruiting their backroom staff. They appointed Shaun Harvey as advisor to the Board (ex Leeds, Bradford and Football League Chief Exec). Then he advised them on who to recruit as Chief Exec (for Wrexham), and then as their new manager. Okay, they have money to spend, but you can't tell me they have more than Vincent Tan.
    We need someone like that. I'm not saying we poach Harvey (might be an idea, mind), but we need someone with good footballing knowledge who can advise the owners on all aspects of the club. The problem is, I think there's an element of trust involved here, and I'm not sure Tan trusts anyone outside his little circle of friends.
    We need exactly that. Experienced football people making sensible and sound football decisions.

For that to happen Tan needs to admit he isn't the man to make the footballing decisions at our club. Sadly, I'm not sure he is going to step aside and let others make decisions any time soon.