+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Should Vincent Tan employ somebody with more football knowledge at Cardiff City?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 84.00%
  • No

4 16.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should Vincent Tan employ somebody with more football experience at Cardiff City?

Should Vincent Tan employ somebody with more football experience at Cardiff City?

Whether that be a Director of Football, a prominent board member or a Chairman who has been there and done it?

Re: Should Vincent Tan employ somebody with more football experience at Cardiff City?

You need a poll for this

Re: Should Vincent Tan employ somebody with more football experience at Cardiff City?

Some seem completely fine with what we have in place here at the club. Just wanted to see how many on here actually feel the current people in charge are the ones to take us forward.

There must be a few.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    You need a poll for this
    Hes just trying to get in the Guiness Book of Records for the amount of times he can start a thread asking the same question but in slightly different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Hes just trying to get in the Guiness Book of Records for the amount of times he can start a thread asking the same question but in slightly different ways.
    You still about?

Thought you'd gone into hiding when somebody asked for proof of Morison's bullying that you don't have.

Just get a manager in, that would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Just get a manager in, that would do it.
    Yeah worked wonders roughly 8 out of the last 9 times.

Warnock aside, they've been dire. Malky was only partly picked by Tan as part of a consortium headed by somebody else.

The only person he's listened too in 10 years was his mum, so maybe if we organised a march and chanted
    'What do we want?'
    'A Director of Football'
    'When do we want one?'
    'Now'
    Then Mrs Tan might have a word with him.

International

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post

Warnock aside, they've been dire. Malky was only partly picked by Tan as part of a consortium headed by somebody else.

Compare Swansea's list of Managers to ours and you can see exactly where we went wrong. It's not too late, move Hudson to coach and appoint a proper Manager and see where that gets you at the end of next season.

Back them sensibly then sell the club the season we go up, in 2024 or 2025, with the right plan it would be easy to sell on and recoup some of the money.

International

It's so obvious, would he appoint Warnock to run his retail business in Malaysia, no because he knows fac all about retail.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Compare Swansea's list of Managers to ours and you can see exactly where we went wrong. It's not too late, move Hudson to coach and appoint a proper Manager and see where that gets you at the end of next season.

Back them sensibly then sell the club the season we go up, in 2024 or 2025, with the right plan it would be easy to sell on and recoup some of the money.
    There has to be some idea of what they want to achieve on the pitch though. An ethos and culture that is obvious and understood from owner down to the squad player on the training ground.

Our owner wants promotion and tells us he has a plan.
    I'd love to start seeing some evidence of it, I really would.

I agree in appointing a proper manager. I wouldn't put Slade, Ole, Harris, Morison or Hudson anywhere near deserving of that tag though. We've more chance of somebody of that ilk than a proper manager. Mainly because we won't pay for a decent manager and any self respecting manager with any ambition would not come here.

It's so obvious, would he appoint Warnock to run his retail business in Malaysia, no because he knows fac all about retail.
    Would he balls.

In fact you'd need your head checking for buying any business and employing anybody but somebody with experience in that field. It is madness.

Just noticed the poll result has changed.

DML is voting even if he has gone quiet of late.

Ok a good manager then. Other than Warnock I don’t think many have been impressed by any of the other appointments.

Even if you got a “footballing” chairman the owner is always going to want to have there say, it’s there money of course they will.

You still about?

Thought you'd gone into hiding when somebody asked for proof of Morison's bullying that you don't have.
    I thought you went into hiding and said you were never going to post again? Remember that?

“When I say I’m going to do something, I mean it”

Evidently not.

Some seem completely fine with what we have in place here at the club. Just wanted to see how many on here actually feel the current people in charge are the ones to take us forward.

There must be a few.
    You’re putting words in mouths. I don’t think there is anyone who is “completely fine” with how things are going.
    Some, myself included, are cautious that an ownership change or a huge shakeup of the hierarchy might not be the simple solution to all our problems.

However, should we employ someone with more football experience? Yes. Obviously.

Whether that be a Director of Football, a prominent board member or a Chairman who has been there and done it?
    Bore off.
    Multi who bent over for ice creams and didn't give a hoot for the club back then.
    You and your bashers elsewhere sold out for a 99

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I thought you went into hiding and said you were never going to post again? Remember that?

“When I say I’m going to do something, I mean it”

Evidently not.

So you haven't got proof of Morison bullying then?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Bore off.
    Multi who bent over for ice creams and didn't give a hoot for the club back then.
    You and your bashers elsewhere sold out for a 99
    Tan apologist rears his head again adding nothing to the thread.

An overwelming majoirty say yes out of 14 fans only 2 say no ,incredible response

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    An overwelming majoirty say yes out of 14 fans only 2 say no ,incredible response
    I'm seriously worried about the two if I am honest.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I'm seriously worried about the two if I am honest.
    I don't think anyone would disagree with the poll 'question'.

It is a daft poll - there can only be one answer.

I suspect the two who voted 'no' (not me) did so as a comment on the poll (in a spoilt ballot way) not because they are life-long admirers of the Board's ability to spot a good left back or because they agree that the goalkeeper doesn't shoot enough!

Of course better knowledge at the club would be welcomed one could argue Warnock was one of those as the man has had an impressive record .

With knowledge though has to come a desire by an individual to see the City flourish sadly I can't think of any past Cardiff folk that would fit that bill , and as you look up and down the Championship could we list anyone who can bring the " more football experience" to the club, of course the Premiership holds some fine coaches & Mgr's , however they ain't coming here, why would they ??

So who would you appoint as manager and what would their salary be and what do you define as a sensible budget to back them with

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I don't think anyone would disagree with the poll 'question'.

It is a daft poll - there can only be one answer.

I suspect the two who voted 'no' (not me) did so as a comment on the poll (in a spoilt ballot way) not because they are life-long admirers of the Board's ability to spot a good left back or because they agree that the goalkeeper doesn't shoot enough!
    Totally agree

I'm not sure I have seen many if any back the current board structure in terms of its football knowledge but there is a difference between wanting someone in the club with football knowledge at board level and wanting tan gone _ as he said in the interview last week he doesn't see many people rocking up to but the club