+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Club getting desperate about Whitt's testimonial ticket sales?

Re: Club getting desperate about Whitt's testimonial ticket sales?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Terrible mistake to have it during the World Cup, it’s going to be so insulting to one of our greats. Who decided the timing of it? Sums up the absolute ineptitude of our club.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Where are you getting your info on the number of tickets sold from ? I was told at the last home game that tickets were selling well. Instead of continually criticising what the club are doing on this, in conjunction with Whittinghams family by the way, why not actually get behind it and encourage people to go. If they held it in the summer, no doubt people would moan they were away on holiday. It is an ideal time to hold it as there is no other live home football to compete. People often moan that testimonials are a waste of time because they are not competitive - well this is a competitive pre restart of season game which also happens to be in memory of a great City player. How about just supporting the cause and paying respects to the player. If people don't go that is down to them and obviously because they didn't and don't give a fig as to what Whittingham did here or what happened to him - pure and simple.
    Utter bollox pure and simple.

Where are you getting your info on the number of tickets sold from ? I was told at the last home game that tickets were selling well. Instead of continually criticising what the club are doing on this, in conjunction with Whittinghams family by the way, why not actually get behind it and encourage people to go. If they held it in the summer, no doubt people would moan they were away on holiday. It is an ideal time to hold it as there is no other live home football to compete. People often moan that testimonials are a waste of time because they are not competitive - well this is a competitive pre restart of season game which also happens to be in memory of a great City player. How about just supporting the cause and paying respects to the player. If people don't go that is down to them and obviously because they didn't and don't give a fig as to what Whittingham did here or what happened to him - pure and simple.
    Mr Tan , the doctors are here

I will not be able to use the five senior tickets that I have, as I have to be back in Nottingham for work. If anyone can use the tickets they are very welcome and I would appreciate it, if they made a donation to the PW7 charity.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Postpone it now, it’s the only sensible solution.
    This.

It should be a celebratory occasion on a weekend summer's day. Not after work in November. And not during the World Cup FFS. This is beyond ridiculous.

This is stupid in the extreme even by your barking mad standards. You think it's a good idea to try to get people out on a cold, dark night after work, when they have to be back in work the next morning, and when there's live football on TV featuring the best players on the planet EVERY FUKCING DAY?