+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FT: QATAR 0 - 2 ECUADOR. Match thread

Re: QATAR v ECUADOR. Match thread. 20th Nov - 4pm

Looking at the replay I cant see how that is offside.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Memphis Depay 20/1
    Just stuck on a fiver with skybet at 25s.

Someone at BBC HQ need to get on the phone and let the studio gang know about their impartiality rules.
    They’re not exactly keeping quiet about their thoughts on the VAR decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Looking at the replay I cant see how that is offside.
    It wasn't, unless the rules in Qatar state there must be 4 players between the 'player' and the goal line !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    should be 0-3......how on earth can the early goal be rules offside? That is not what football is all about.
    I hope second half Equador go on to score 5 or 6..
    and completely humiliate them..would be really nice

Just stuck on a fiver with skybet at 25s.
    I'm tempted too. Good luck

Surprised how many Equador fans there are....apparently it's a bit over-cool in the stadium with the under seat air con....

Ecuador's first goal was offside despite my misgivings at the time. Qatar are extremely poor and will almost certainly lose every game.

Dion Dublin jizzing all over Qatar and praising them is laughably embarrassing.

Has Dion Dublin be chosen because he is genial and presents a TV show? It can’t be for his analysis surely. I’m not a football scholar and do like listening to wisdom but good grief this has been painful. admittedly he could explain how the hyperextension may have felt but anyone who’s played any football already knows that even if it was only as a youngster. I’m no fan of the BBC at all these days, but can they not find anybody with an opinion of note?

Loads of empty seats already those in the corporate seats probably gone for a beer

Looks like our stylish and innovative ayatollah seats have inspired the stadium designers.

Am I missing something.? They keep showing the "offside" but the clip is when the challenge is made with the keeper. He wasnt offside when the ball was played?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Looks like our stylish and innovative ayatollah seats have inspired the stadium designers.
    Was very generous of the Qataris to vacate their seats early so us international fans could admire their fancy stadiums before it gets demolished.

Am I missing something.? They keep showing the "offside" but the clip is when the challenge is made with the keeper. He wasnt offside when the ball was played?
    They showed the freeze frame showing the knee of the Ecuador player was clearly offside.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    They showed the freeze frame showing the knee of the Ecuador player was clearly offside.
    Yeh, but they seemed to stop the freeze-frame when the ball landed on his head not when the FK was taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Yes but that freeze frame wasnt when the ball was played. He ran into that position and was yards onside.

Apparently the offside was the player receiving the knockdown not for the initial header. Can’t be arsed checking.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Bosch View Post
    Has Dion Dublin be chosen because he is genial and presents a TV show? It can’t be for his analysis surely. I’m not a football scholar and do like listening to wisdom but good grief this has been painful. admittedly he could explain how the hyperextension may have felt but anyone who’s played any football already knows that even if it was only as a youngster. I’m no fan of the BBC at all these days, but can they not find anybody with an opinion of note?
    DD was chosen because of his upcoming series "football stadia under the hammer"

Re: FT: QATAR 0 - 2 ECUADOR. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Apparently the offside was the player receiving the knockdown not for the initial header. Can’t be arsed checking.
    👍

Haha nice one

where is the wales usa thread

Qatar v Ecuador

Did anyone watch the game?

I missed it but just saw the highlights on BBC iPlayer and can't work out why Ecuador had a goal ruled out for offside. VAR on the replay shows the striker as offside when he plays the ball, not when the ball was played to him.

Anyone know what happened?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/63669797

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    where is the wales usa thread
    It's coming already. I'm supposed to be on holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    It's coming already. I'm supposed to be on holiday.
    Are you anywhere near the island of faviyana ?