+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: armband booking

armband booking

talk of maybe players will be booked for wearing the rainbow armband fifa must be gutted england are playing first today

Re: armband booking

can you imagine if Kane picks up a 2nd Booking in the game, gets send off and misses the 1/4 or Semi

FIFA just wouldn't want that

Apparently Kane & Bale are going to the advised by their own FA's NOT to risk a booking by wearing armbands. Great innit.

I would love them both to wear the armband but even them thinking about it is creating an almighty stir, which is great.
    Would it make a difference about being booked if they only wore it on their tracksuit and not their shirt?
    Every day during this tournament there will be something that will rattle the organisers and Infantino however, I hope yesterday's overcrowding in the fan park isn't a prelude to potentially worse things to come.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I would love them both to wear the armband but even them thinking about it is creating an almighty stir, which is great.
    Would it make a difference about being booked if they only wore it on their tracksuit and not their shirt?
    Every day during this tournament there will be something that will rattle the organisers and Infantino however, I hope yesterday's overcrowding in the fan park isn't a prelude to potentially worse things to come.
    What happened in the fan park ?

I agree with the rest of your post

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    It'll be fine. The BBC will send down Dion Dublin who'll report back it's like Shangri La..

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    What happened in the fan park ?

I agree with the rest of your post
    See BLUETITs thread.
    The park has a capacity of 40k,but more than double turned up.
    If that's what it's like when there's 1 match on, what's its going to be like when there's 3 or 4 matches a day. Their plan of having everything so close together doesn't seem such a great idea after all.

Earnie and Stephen Warnock both saying on Five Live that they'd still wear the armband if they were captain.

Make the keeper captain and then just rotate the keepers when one is suspended.

I was on another forum and one poster said the Qatari authorities were right to try and ban the arm band

Dear oh dear

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Earnie and Stephen Warnock both saying on Five Live that they'd still wear the armband if they were captain.
    What about Neil Warnock ? 🤔

I was on another forum and one poster said the Qatari authorities were right to try and ban the arm band

Dear oh dear
    Thought you'd been banned from Mumsnet?

Hopefully Kane wear two armbands and gets a straight red with a 2 game ban.

First Team

I'm guessing neither Bale or Kane will risk it.

There will be some PR pumped out by both sides of the argument but the armbands will be withdrawn.

If anyone in authority really wanted to make a stand then teams would have just withdrawn and not flapped about with token gestures.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    I'm guessing neither Bale or Kane will risk it.

There will be some PR pumped out by both sides of the argument but the armbands will be withdrawn.

If anyone in authority really wanted to make a stand then teams would have just withdrawn and not flapped about with token gestures.
    Similar to the BBC pre-match outrage, why are they covering the games if they feel so strongly about it? Lineker and Co are being paid a tidy sum for being there.

One Love armbands not being worn now.
    Bullied out of it by corrupt FIFA

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Similar to the BBC pre-match outrage, why are they covering the games if they feel so strongly about it? Lineker and Co are being paid a tidy sum for being there.
    Would be great if Lineker and co put a rainbow flag on the windows of their studios in the stadium. Not alot the authorities could do about that once the doors are locked.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    One Love armbands not being worn now.
    Bullied out of it by corrupt FIFA
    Now maybe we can concentrate on the football

Robert Page, about the armbands, recently:

We won’t change our beliefs on that – absolutely. We will be wearing the armband. That’s the stance we are making and it comes from the staff and the association. It’s the right thing to do".

“We are strong in our beliefs in that and whoever the captain is will be wearing armband, regardless (of FIFA).”

“It is vital. That’s the message we want to portray".

“That’s what we believe in and stand up for. We want to back our supporters in regard to that".

Today -

Someone says: "Rob, they're going to give Bale a yellow card mind butt"

Page "We won't be wearing them".

Wear a rainbow bandana to hold their hair back

I have got rainbow knickers in the drawer

I will put them on as a show of support

England and other European nations have stepped back from the OneLove campaign after the threat of sanctions from FIFA.

So Bale could wear it, get booked and will probably not last the game so pass it to Rambo - does he get booked?

And then the person he passes it to as he won't last 90.

Could make 3rd choice keeper Adam Davies captain and have him warm up for 90 minutes on the side, that would call FIFA's bluff.

I'm presuming it's a booking if you take your shorts off when you score