+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: armband booking

Re: armband booking

It was already the most meagre of gestures and they can't even stand that. Fifa are embarrassing themselves even more with every passing day. It's really pathetic and I'd very disappointed if Bale doesn't wear it now

F*ck Fifa, wear the armband and show them up

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    I'm presuming it's a booking if you take your shorts off when you score
    I havnt scored for ages

Isn't the World Cup a protected event under law, meaning that it must be shown on terrestrial TV?

So I don't know why some people are saying the BBC should boycott the tournament if they are unhappy with Qatar's abuses.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    It was already the most meagre of gestures and they can't even stand that. Fifa are embarrassing themselves even more with every passing day. It's really pathetic and I'd very disappointed if Bale doesn't wear it now

F*ck Fifa, wear the armband and show them up
    A booking would draw attention to it even more, the Streisand Effect.

The way I see it, is if players and country's want to protest against the host country then they should have pulled out and not took part, but players like Kane and Bale want the best of both worlds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRNCO4cryCM

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Isn't the World Cup a protected event under law, meaning that it must be shown on terrestrial TV?

So I don't know why some people are saying the BBC should boycott the tournament if they are unhappy with Qatar's abuses.
    They could have left Lineker at home and sent somebody more suitable to deliver their message.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    The way I see it, is if players and country's want to protest against the host country then they should have pulled out and not took part, but players like Kane and Bale want the best of both worlds.
    Stop being sensible!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    They could have left Lineker at home and sent somebody more suitable to present their message.
    Or they could have presented the games from a studio in Salford?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Or they could have presented the games from a studio in Salford?
    i was thinking the same the amount of people bbc and itv wales has sent out there

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    i was thinking the same the amount of people bbc and itv wales has sent out there
    OT a bit but did anyone else think Ashley Williams was an odd choice for the opening game

I can see the point of reporters being there, but when Lineker and the pundits are in a small room high up in the stadium it did seem a bit pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    OT a bit but did anyone else think Ashley Williams was an odd choice for the opening game
    the bbc doing its make it look good stick a welshman and a woman on the panel

International

Could they change the shirts to include a rainbow band, then Bale could wear an official armband just above or below.

The US gave changed the badge but not for games so maybe not allowed?

https://www.indy100.com/news/qatar-w...inbow-us-badge

There will be many 'dead rubbers' in the next week or so where teams have lost their 1st 2 games. If in those circumstances they chicken out, it will be absolutely pathetic.

the bbc doing its make it look good stick a welshman and a woman on the panel
    welsh player apologies to grangetown blue

Under what law of the game is it a cautionable offence?

Fcking disgraceful and shows what a corrupt and money hungry organisation FIFA are.

Could FIFA be shooting themselves in the foot? The ‘rich’ associations breaking away, initiating a new World Cup, FIFA threatening them with expulsion and them saying ‘Go on then’.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I was on another forum and one poster said the Qatari authorities were right to try and ban the arm band

Dear oh dear
    In normal circumstances it’s a argument that could be made, that politics and sport shouldn’t mix.

If football allowed EVERY political statement then it would be far removed from a sport and instead a platform

However these are not normal circumstances and so I’m all for the armband

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRNCO4cryCM
    The way you see it would mean no exposure at all and just more likeminded people

What Arab TV is going to focus on Gareth Bale at home with his feet up? There’s no point in being a martyr to a few hundred thousand welsh fans already on board with the cause

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    In normal circumstances it’s a argument that could be made, that politics and sport shouldn’t mix.

If football allowed EVERY political statement then it would be far removed from a sport and instead a platform

However these are not normal circumstances and so I’m all for the armband
    Im not even sure defending someone's human rights is even a political issue. It's not like protesting against , oh I dunno, a war in Yemen, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Could FIFA be shooting themselves in the foot? The ‘rich’ associations breaking away, initiating a new World Cup, FIFA threatening them with expulsion and them saying ‘Go on then’.
    Think it’s a possibility - there’s been problems for England fans trying to get into today’s game as well. It’s not been a good start for FIFA to a tournament that a lot of the world thinks is corrupt.

No country is completely clean of corruption and poor morales.

It's a bit uncomfortable how we pick and choose who the baddies are. I don't remember there being anywhere near the outburst against Brazil or even Russia hosting it. Foreign money, cheap shit from abroad, bring it on.

The west always on the pedestal is laughable.

Why hasn't more been done to have dialogue with the Qataris, to try to make a lasting change instead of constantly telling them they are a bit backward as if that ever helps anyone.

Ultimately shame on fifa, how they were awarded the competition is a disgrace. When you have to build 8 temporary stadiums in a city in the ****ing desert you should know it shouldn't happen.

However if England had been awarded it no one would be talking about Qatar, most wouldn't know where it is and few would care about their awful human rights abuses. If anything the world cup being there, however awful a decision, has given a platform for some change but that won't happen unfortunately.

To be bullied by fifa on even a token gesture is hilarious. Every player should have worn 3.

I hope someone games this. Important player picks up a yellow card in game 1. You go 3 goals up in game 2, guaranteed to qualify. Suddenly remember he has forgotten his armband, puts it on, gets a card and is back for the knockouts with a clean slate !!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    I hope someone games this. Important player picks up a yellow card in game 1. You go 3 goals up in game 2, guaranteed to qualify. Suddenly remember he has forgotten his armband, puts it on, gets a card and is back for the knockouts with a clean slate !!
    They can’t book you for an armband.