+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alex Scott

Alex Scott

Does she really need to be on everything

Re: Alex Scott

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Can’t stand the woman,I turn over whenever I can when she’s on.

She ticks all the right boxes.

The cavemen are off….

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The cavemen are off….
    You obviously don't understand the modern media.

And she wore one of those naughty armbands.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And she wore one of those naughty armbands.
    Roy Keane has his say on the #onelovearmband debate...pic.twitter.com/wNtzaICIc5
    — Pure Roy Keane (@PureRoyKeane) November 21, 2022

Don't worry, we'll have Jermaine Jenas reading the 10'clock News next.

Paddy McGuiness is on too many shows as well. The BBC do this quite often.

She's a bit more relevant then Mark Lawrenson.
    Can't imagine he would have highlighted the issues surrounding Qatar as well as she has.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You obviously don't understand the modern media.
    come on then, what's to understand, spell it out for us?

I like her.

She regularly gets tongue tied and doesn't have the vocabulary to sort it out. She knows little about the mens game and quite a bit of what she says therefore doesn't make much sense. If the criteria for selecting a suitable presenter, commentator or summariser for a game was they they looked good then she would win hands down but shouldn't it be more to do with their football knowledge and communication skills ? Women are now dominating football punditry on BBC and ITV, presumably because these channels rarely are able to show live mens football and are trying to make themselves look more relevant. The standard of presenting has therefore dropped quite considerably as a result. Eni Aluko, Karen Carney and Alex Scott are the worst of a bad bunch and come across as almost illiterate with some of the things they say. Just because someone was a good footballer doesn't make them a good presenter.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    She regularly gets tongue tied and doesn't have the vocabulary to sort it out. She knows little about the mens game and quite a bit of what she says therefore doesn't make much sense. If the criteria for selecting a suitable presenter, commentator or summariser for a game was they they looked good then she would win hands down but shouldn't it be more to do with their football knowledge and communication skills ? Women are now dominating football punditry on BBC and ITV, presumably because these channels rarely are able to show live mens football and are trying to make themselves look more relevant. The standard of presenting has therefore dropped quite considerably as a result. Eni Aluko, Karen Carney and Alex Scott are the worst of a bad bunch and come across as almost illiterate with some of the things they say. Just because someone was a good footballer doesn't make them a good presenter.
    Love the way a certain type of person gets so wound up about something that’s so unimportant in the grand scheme of things.

Posted in error.

If I speak, I am in big trouble.

Love the way a certain type of person gets so wound up about something that’s so unimportant in the grand scheme of things.
    haters gonna hate

What ? Someone who enjoys watching football on tv and whose enjoyment is being spoiled by inane commentary or summarisation on both channels ? Guilty as charged in that case. At least I have an opinion on the subject in hand rather than merely rubbishing other peoples views like you always do.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    have you seen the number of male former football players who can barely string a coherent sentence together or never say anything remotely insightful or interesting and manage to make a career out of it ?
    I think she's pretty good tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    have you seen the number of male former football players who can barely string a coherent sentence together or never say anything remotely insightful or interesting and manage to make a career out of it ?

There are a few but a load of them got sacked for being, well best not say it ..

She’s fine, I wouldn’t tune in specifically for her analysis but I wouldn’t disagree with much she says.

It riles up idiots and to be honest, male pundits that haven’t played for 25+ years know less about the modern mens game than a female pundit that retired 4 years ago.

She's fine

Nice person

Been through some real tough times in her life

So has Jon Hartson I suppose

But he's a hopeless pundit

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    There are a few but a load of them got sacked for being, well best not say it ..
    not very good?