+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rainbow Hat Lady

Rainbow Hat Lady

I know this lovely lady very well she is a Professor , played 24 times for Wales and loves Patti Smith as do I

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...cated-28550479

Hope Drakeford and Gethin wore the same hats at taxpayers expensive of course

Re: Rainbow Hat Lady

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I know this lovely lady very well she is a Professor , played 24 times for Wales and loves Patti Smith as do I

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...cated-28550479

Hope Drakeford and Gethin wore the same hats at taxpayers expensive of course
    Bridgend Bluebird

Wearing a rainbow hat but going to Qatar anyways? Sounds like virtual signalling no?
    Not like you to be a hypocrite LOM

It's a joke of a world cup.

If they were that bothered they would be out there giving them all thier money!

It was clearly set up

She's put the hat on and walked in knowing she would be stopped and it would make the news

I think she should be praised for highlighting the whole ridiculous situation

I take my hat off to her , if you will pardon the expression

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Wearing a rainbow hat but going to Qatar anyways? Sounds like virtual signalling no?
    Not like you to be a hypocrite LOM
    Is that phrase from the same source as "escape goats"?

At the end of the Qatar has its own laws like every other country and when going to that country obey them or face the consequences.I’m not saying Qatar should have been given The World Cup but they did and anyone going aware of any issues breaking the law whether you agree with or not.
    Next World Cup is partly in America so no point going over there and drinking in a bar if your under 21,against the law.
    Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    At the end of the Qatar has its own laws like every other country and when going to that country obey them or face the consequences.I’m not saying Qatar should have been given The World Cup but they did and anyone going aware of any issues breaking the law whether you agree with or not.
    Next World Cup is partly in America so no point going over there and drinking in a bar if your under 21,against the law.
    Simple.
    If Laura McCallister was arrested and spent a week in jail she could have dealt with it

She wasn't and has brought the topic out of the closet , if you like

Deffo worth losing your hat over

A new hat can always be made but this was their chance . I certainly hope that Qatar and countries like it are never given the opportunity by FIFA to host the world cup .

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    If Laura McCallister was arrested and spent a week in jail she could have dealt with it

A new hat can always be made but this was their chance . I certainly hope that Qatar and countries like it are never given the opportunity by FIFA to host the world cup .
    Well if Gianni Infantino has anything to do with it you're in for some disappointment. FIFA are a complete and utter embarrassment and the sooner a new organisation takes over the reigns for football the better.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...World-Cup.html

Simple.

my daughter said that's the reason why Hugo Lloris didnt want to wear the one love arm band

a quick google he said :

“When we are in France, when we welcome foreigners, we often want them to follow our rules, to respect our culture, and I will do the same when I go to Qatar, quite simply,” Lloris said. “I can agree or disagree with their ideas, but I have to show respect.”

raising the issue is great and shows the world what type of country Qatar is, but as soon as the WC is over, it was always going to go back to its backwards ways, it has no reason to change

Simple.
    Yes, Mexico, USA and Canada. a whole continent, and more. 2350 miles and a 7hr flight between two of the venues.

Simple.
    Bit of a difference between getting chucked in jail cause you kiss your same sex partner in public and not being able to buy booze. Personally, I don't care about the no booze thing in Qatar. It is however a fckin disgrace that a country that excludes certain types of people should be included as a host for a world cup. Hosts welcome.

I'm watching a programme on Spanish TV ( "Salvados - El otro mundial" ) and it's seriously depressing stuff. Interviewing some woman in Nepal whose husband died of a urinary infection because he didn't have money to pay for the bottled water his employer offered.

..........I'm not going to watch any more of this WC. I'd feel dirty..........and I love watching the world cup. But **** em.

It was clearly set up

She's put the hat on and walked in knowing she would be stopped and it would make the news

I think she should be praised for highlighting the whole ridiculous situation

I take my hat off to her , if you will pardon the expression
    Why didn’t she take it off to get through security and then put it on again in the stadium thereby getting a lot more exposure once inside. The security checks weren’t particularly tight.

And why was it filmed?

Or is this all just yet more virtue signalling by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Why didn’t she take it off to get through security and then put it on again in the stadium thereby getting a lot more exposure once inside. The security checks weren’t particularly tight.

And why was it filmed?

Qatar were awarded the WC, by FIFA, 12 years ago.

That was the time to protest about it.

It's a complete shitshow and rather than get involved with the whole farce of it all, like most people I've given it a swerve.

Making token gestures and wringing your hands like a politician on the tele is just bollocks.

If it bothered you that much you'd just say stuff it and stay at home.

All the 5 minutes of fame won't alter a thing after the WC has finished, better to boycott it all from the start

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    my daughter said that's the reason why Hugo Lloris didnt want to wear the one love arm band

a quick google he said :

“When we are in France, when we welcome foreigners, we often want them to follow our rules, to respect our culture, and I will do the same when I go to Qatar, quite simply,” Lloris said. “I can agree or disagree with their ideas, but I have to show respect.”

Yeah, the wales fans really annoyed me singing don't take me home in the USA match. It is a Muslim country and completely disrespectful to say they would rather stay there drinking beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Bit of a difference between getting chucked in jail cause you kiss your same sex partner in public and not being able to buy booze. Personally, I don't care about the no booze thing in Qatar. It is however a fckin disgrace that a country that excludes certain types of people should be included as a host for a world cup. Hosts welcome.

I'm watching a programme on Spanish TV ( "Salvados - El otro mundial" ) and it's seriously depressing stuff. Interviewing some woman in Nepal whose husband died of a urinary infection because he didn't have money to pay for the bottled water his employer offered.

..........I'm not going to watch any more of this WC. I'd feel dirty..........and I love watching the world cup. But **** em.
    To be fair - when I visited Dubai we were told to be aware that kissing and cuddling in public by anyone was frowned upon so not just same sex relationships.

And why was it filmed?

It was filmed to give exposure to the lgbt issue

It worked

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Qatar were awarded the WC, by FIFA, 12 years ago.

That was the time to protest about it.

It's a complete shitshow and rather than get involved with the whole farce of it all, like most people I've given it a swerve.

Making token gestures and wringing your hands like a politician on the tele is just bollocks.

If it bothered you that much you'd just say stuff it and stay at home.

All the 5 minutes of fame won't alter a thing after the WC has finished, better to boycott it all from the start
    I disagree

The gesture has given huge exposure to lgbt issues

I disagree

The gesture has given huge exposure to lgbt issues
    Do you really think, that once the WC has finished that in Qatar, there going to announce they have got it wrong?
    There is no democracy in the Arab states in the middle East, her gesture won't be shown on Qatar TV, so what real difference do you think it will make?

Do you think Shake rattle and roll or whoever's it is, will give a shiny shite what anyone in the Western world thinks?

FIFA awarded Qatar the WC, and any notion of corruption was investigated and dismissed by

FIFA!!!!!!

The whole thing is a complete nonsense and neither FIFA or who ever stumps up the most cash will give a toss, about anything else once it's over!

North Korea would win a bid if they wanted to hold it

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    To be fair - when I visited Dubai we were told to be aware that kissing and cuddling in public by anyone was frowned upon so not just same sex relationships.
    Ye. The thought did occur to me after I wrote this.

.....out of interest, how would they go about proving that someone is homosexual in everyday life in a place like that ? Nosey neighbours ?

Not criminalising people because of their sexual orientation or gender (or race, creed etc) should be a requirement for any country wishing to host the competition....in same way that they have to meet facilites, transport and accommodation requirements.

It was filmed to give exposure to the lgbt issue

It worked
    Well I'll disagree with you here - she just made herself look foolish.

And btw, there were people in the Wales end with rainbow hats on (I was standing right by one) so she might want to think again before virtue signalling like this - it is just childish and pathetic, however 'nice' she is.

They see the West as morally corrupt. They aren’t going to take lectures from the West on how to run their country as we wouldn’t from them.

Well I'll disagree with you here - she just made herself look foolish.

And btw, there were people in the Wales end with rainbow hats on (I was standing right by one) so she might want to think again before virtue signalling like this - it is just childish and pathetic, however 'nice' she is.
    With respect I think her going over to Qatar and walking into the stadium and face getting ejected , or worse , is to be applauded

I think that takes a lot of guts and I don't think she made herself look foolish at all