+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Get Ready For Sir Kier Blair Victory Parade

Get Ready For Sir Kier Blair Victory Parade

A change in the political weather

Someone who knows Keir Starmer well had not seen him for a couple of months, and told me that he is “unrecognisable” – confident, relaxed and cheerful. It is remarkable what a 20-point lead in the opinion polls can do for someone.
    But this isn’t the only sign of a shift in the tectonic plates. Chloe Smith, who was briefly the eighth work and pensions secretary since 2010, has announced that she will not be standing again as MP for Norwich North, a seat she won in a by-election from Labour in 2009. There will be more such announcements in the coming months.
    And Ryan Shorthouse, founder of the Cameroon think tank, Bright Blue, has quit, saying Rishi Sunak is “a thoughtful and decent person, but he is short-sighted politically and seems to be a bad judge of character”, and that “the Tory government has failed my generation”.

The Independent's View From Westminster

Re: Get Ready For Sir Kier Blair Victory Parade

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    A change in the political weather

Someone who knows Keir Starmer well had not seen him for a couple of months, and told me that he is “unrecognisable” – confident, relaxed and cheerful. It is remarkable what a 20-point lead in the opinion polls can do for someone.
    But this isn’t the only sign of a shift in the tectonic plates. Chloe Smith, who was briefly the eighth work and pensions secretary since 2010, has announced that she will not be standing again as MP for Norwich North, a seat she won in a by-election from Labour in 2009. There will be more such announcements in the coming months.
    And Ryan Shorthouse, founder of the Cameroon think tank, Bright Blue, has quit, saying Rishi Sunak is “a thoughtful and decent person, but he is short-sighted politically and seems to be a bad judge of character”, and that “the Tory government has failed my generation”.

The Independent's View From Westminster
    I think he got a call from Klaus who told him he will be entering the play stage left.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I think he got a call from Klaus who told him he will be entering the play stage left.
    Stage left? No chance!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Stage left? No chance!
    In the latest series of I'm A Politician Get Me Out Of Here, once Rishi has completed his designated tasks he will move to America, and then SKS takes over.