+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tory peer Michelle Mone secretly received £29m from profits of PPE

Tory peer Michelle Mone secretly received £29m from profits of PPE

Disgusting. You or I would be jailed. Why is there always one rule for them and one for us?

https://twitter.com/pippacrerar/stat...swvmGUppxZ9tqQ

Article here https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-lane-ppe-firm

Re: Tory peer Michelle Mone secretly received £29m from profits of PPE

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Disgusting. You or I would be jailed. Why is there always one rule for them and one for us?

You obviously don't have the right connections, and you can't even see that the country is being dismantled right in front of your eyes.

After reading the Guardian article I struggle to see any criminal wrongdoing, so why would you or I be jailed?

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    After reading the Guardian article I struggle to see any criminal wrongdoing, so why would you or I be jailed?
    You may well be right FB.

However, I wonder if there's a case of "excess profiteering" during times of crisis like the pandemic, as there was during WWII?

Exceptionally difficult to prove I'm sure but it leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

If it's proved that she directly benefited from the profits made by Medpro, having not declared her involvement to the HoL register then she should be stripped of her peerage at least.

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    For govt buddies to take many millions from the public purse for unusable equipment during a pandemic when people are dying - and then lie about it is sick and unforgivable.

Jail her and all the others who raped this country during a pandemic.

If she has nothing to hide let's see her private emails with Gove on all of this. Frankly it stinks. It needs to be forensically investigated to establish whether there was value for money for taxpayers. Given the huge profits that seems highly unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    You may well be right FB.

However, I wonder if there's a case of "excess profiteering" during times of crisis like the pandemic, as there was during WWII?

Exceptionally difficult to prove I'm sure but it leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

If it's proved that she directly benefited from the profits made by Medpro, having not declared her involvement to the HoL register then she should be stripped of her peerage at least.
    She has made statements previously saying she has no connection with medpro so I can't imagine she has a publicly declared interest in it.

It doesn't look as though the article mentions that the majority of the PPE they supplied (the 121 million contract for gowns) was rejected by the NHS who were taking steps to recover the money. I also didn't see anything about medpro being wound up by hmrc for non-payment of taxes. These details add a slightly different slant to the story. Mone and barrowman look like two of the more immoral business people around.

Also worth remembering that medpro didn't exist until 4 days before Mone's first approach to Agnew and Gove.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You obviously don't have the right connections, and you can't even see that the country is being dismantled right in front of your eyes.
    I think the penny is dropping, bit-by-bit, but we've been conditioned - certainly folk below a certain age - to believe in the 'state'. The UK's becoming like a latter day Babylon..

in my job, if I recommended a supplier for a new project, and it later emerged they were giving me money I'd probably be sacked

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...s-matt-hancock

Hancock still trying to reinvent himself and pretend to be the champion of procurement probity - by piling in on Mone.

All rats in a sack together!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...s-matt-hancock

Hancock still trying to reinvent himself and pretend to be the champion of procurement probity - by piling in on Mone.

All rats in a sack together!
    He's making a right tit of himself

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    in my job, if I recommended a supplier for a new project, and it later emerged they were giving me money I'd probably be sacked
    "Probably"! Definitely more like. Two blokes at a company I worked at in the 80's were instantly dismissed for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    He's making a right tit of himself
    The guy clearly didn’t partake in psychometric testing prior to his Health secretary post it appears

I will always remember her for wearing an uncomfortable cleavage-enhancing bra , has it been 100 % proven this is correct , if so jail beckons .

Interestingly she has swung both ways up to 2009 she supported the Labour Party , but withdrew her support and cleavage in 2009 after Gordon raised Income tax rate to 50%, she thought Brown was useless in the economic crisis.??

87 thousand tons of PPE
    • 2.6 thousand tons of plastic from test kits
    • 144,000 tons of vaccine waste
    • chemical waste

CliMaTe chANge

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I will always remember her for wearing an uncomfortable cleavage-enhancing bra , has it been 100 % proven this is correct , if so jail beckons .

Interestingly she has swung both ways up to 2009 she supported the Labour Party , but withdrew her support and cleavage in 2009 after Gordon raised Income tax rate to 50%, she thought Brown was useless in the economic crisis.??
    A woman who allegedly stopped supporting Labour because of Brown's redistributive tax policy before her get rich quick Covid scheme as a Tory Peer got exposed. Yet you are apoplectic about Drakeford's trip to Qatar for about 20 grand.

Your attention seeking fix aside, are we reaching peak LoM and Herbert needs a new monicker?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    A woman who allegedly stopped supporting Labour because of Brown's redistributive tax policy before her get rich quick Covid scheme as a Tory Peer got exposed. Yet you are apoplectic about Drakeford's trip to Qatar for about 20 grand.

Your attention seeking fix aside, are we reaching peak LoM and Herbert needs a new monicker?
    No offence but you’re the poster who declared to all and sundry that he was leaving this site to get the sympathy vote only to reappear a few weeks later - that’s attention seeking to the max

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    No offence but you’re the poster who declared to all and sundry that he was leaving this site to get the sympathy vote only to reappear a few weeks later - that’s attention seeking to the max
    No offence taken. Can't recall the sympathy vote bit of my departure, more the indulgence of posters that have since been banned. Still opinions, eh!

No offence taken. Can't recall the sympathy vote bit of my departure, more the indulgence of posters that have since been banned. Still opinions, eh!
    Hmmmmmm

Hmmmmmm
    Is this a bee impression or are you trying to articulate something?

Is this a bee impression or are you trying to articulate something?
    It means I think you’re fibbing

It means I think you’re fibbing
    No probs. What do you think the truth is for clarity?

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post

“It’s the same the whole world over. It’s the poor what gets the blame. It’s the rich what gets the pleasure. Isn’t it a shame?”

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    “It’s the same the whole world over. It’s the poor what gets the blame. It’s the rich what gets the pleasure. Isn’t it a shame?”
    Remember seeing a quote a few months ago along the lines of

A legal system is supposed to protect the poor and restrict the wealthy, not restrict the poor and protect the wealthy.

I probably butchered that but it resonated with me in our current climate. The average bloke has been convinced into being more irate about some workers striking than this bitch stealing tens of millions via her position within the establishment and government contacts.