+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Furious!

Furious!

Wales and the one love armband.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63737709

Good for the FAW and the Germans.

Re: Furious!

Could be the end of FIFA this. No less than they deserve.

The European nations have got to keep pushing on this.

what would be a decent protest is that Wales and England players just sit down after kickoff, leave the ball where it is, sit around and have a chat, maybe have a keepy-up comp in the centre circle

let it be known its in protest

both countries take the point each

Time for a rival body to challenge FIFA. They had a chance to clean up their act when Blatter and co left but they've failed miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    what would be a decent protest is that Wales and England players just sit down after kickoff, leave the ball where it is, sit around and have a chat, maybe have a keepy-up comp in the centre circle

I think in the interests of international good will, a decision on your proposal should be delayed until Saturday, but I think it’s a great idea in principle.

Shutting the Stable door after the horse has bolted - F kn stupid idea if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Time for a rival body to challenge FIFA. They had a chance to clean up their act when Blatter and co left but they've failed miserably.
    We should ask the Saudis to set up a LIV football tour

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Shutting the Stable door after the horse has bolted - F kn stupid idea if you ask me.
    Tend to agree. The World Cup has gone to Qatar, all the teams have gone, the officials, the politicians, the media, the fans. Now it's all about bucket hats and hands over mouths.

It could be like the Western Front 1914. I like your idea. Now, that would be something worth watching.

Have you seen how much of UK PLC Qatar own? These rainbow flags are just another distraction to keep you distracted.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Could be the end of FIFA this. No less than they deserve.
    I think this is the beginning of the end of FIFA. This WC has really damaged them and their credibility was already in tatters. FIFA as a brand are over. This is the Gerald Ratner of World Cups. Good riddance to the lot of them.

Only problem with that is all the bucket hats and rainbow wearables have been confiscated.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I think this is the beginning of the end of FIFA. This WC has really damaged them and their credibility was already in tatters. FIFA as a brand are over. This is the Gerald Ratner of World Cups. Good riddance to the lot of them.
    We’re only 4 days in as well. Still another 25 days to go.

I think football will soon be over as it won't survive the global emissions cull.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Have you seen how much of UK PLC Qatar own? These corner flags are just another distraction to keep you distracted.
    This is supposed to sound profound but it's just your usual piffle. Supporting people of the same sex loving each other as free-thinking adults is not mutually exclusive to being concerned or knowledgable about UK corruption and Qatari influence.

I'd strongly suggest you take your own advice and don't get distracted by all your 'end of the world' placard-making by going and volunteering for some worthwhile cause and spend less time on here.

This is supposed to sound profound but it's just your usual piffle. Supporting people of the same sex loving each other as free-thinking adults is not mutually exclusive to being concerned or knowledgable about UK corruption and Qatari influence.

I'd strongly suggest you take your own advice and don't get distracted by all your 'end of the world' placard-making by going and volunteering for some worthwhile cause and spend less time on here.
    Britain is awash with Qatari money, wouldn't that's be a good place to start if you want meaningful change?

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    It's a car crash. You know, next year's Football Video Game from EA won't even be called FIFA or have FIFA in the title. FIFA 23 is the last one.

Note to CCMB readers, this may get moved to the Alternative Stuff. Bitter? Moi?

Britain is awash with Qatari money, wouldn't that's be a good place to start if you want meaningful change?
    Yes. You're right. But you always sound like you're sniping. LGBTQ+ at this WC is very, very important and protests at a personal or team level are very welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    You'll like 2026 then. 48 teams up from 32. Have to say, apart from England and Wales games I'm already dipping in and out of matches..

Yes. You're right. But you always sound like you're sniping. LGBTQ+ at this WC is very, very important and protests at a personal or team level are very welcome.
    Do you think the Qatari government care about criticism? Sanctions are the only thing that will work, but unfortunately the global elite are in bed with the rulers of Qatar.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    You'll like 2026 then. 48 teams up from 32. Have to say, apart from England and Wales games I'm already dipping in and out of matches..
    Same here. Apparently there have been 4 goalless draws so far. I've watched 3 of them out of a total of 5 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Only problem with that is all the bucket hats and rainbow wearables have been confiscated.
    Billy badge is flying over as we speak

Do you think the Qatari government care about criticism? Sanctions are the only thing that will work, but unfortunately the global elite are in bed with the rulers of Qatar.
    The irony is that they're the same sex too!