+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 3 - 1 ASTON VILLA. #PW7FOUNDATION

FT: CARDIFF CITY 3 - 1 ASTON VILLA. #PW7FOUNDATION

anyone the team lin ups for the game... i was thinking it will be our team minus the world cup players and a was hoping for a few old timers to turn up

anyone know cheers

Re: whitts memorial...

It’s just a City v Villa training match (minus players on international duty). I’m sure some ex players will be in attendance but all signs point towards them being in the stands and not on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    It’s just a City v Villa training match (minus players on international duty). I’m sure some ex players will be in attendance but all signs point towards them being in the stands and not on the pitch.
    Why are you so negative about this match and continually putting it down ? It is not just a ‘training match’ it is a memorial game for one of our best ever players and to raise funds for his new charity. It is also a chance to support and show his family how highly he was thought of (and still is). Anyone who doesn't turn up for this game who could have but cant be bothered should be ashamed of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Why are you so negative about this match and continually putting it down ? It is not just a ‘training match’ it is a memorial game for one of our best ever players and to raise funds for his new charity. It is also a chance to support and show his family how highly he was thought of (and still is). Anyone who doesn't turn up for this game who could have but cant be bothered should be ashamed of themselves.
    I’m negative because Whitts is the greatest player most of us have ever seen and his contribution to the club is immense. Tomorrow doesn’t reflect that in the slightest.

“The Bluebirds and Unai Emery's Villains prepare for their respective league restarts in December with this competitive warm-up game”

That’s how it’s described on the club website. Sounds like training to me. Presumably Ralls will be the only player for either team that played with Whitts?

I’m negative because Whitts is the greatest player most of us have ever seen and his contribution to the club is immense. Tomorrow doesn’t reflect that in the slightest.

“The Bluebirds and Unai Emery's Villains prepare for their respective league restarts in December with this competitive warm-up game”

That’s how it’s described on the club website. Sounds like training to me. Presumably Ralls will be the only player for either team that played with Whitts?
    Dont bite to him Kev

I'm going but the organisation of this game has been piss poor. The fact that it isn't a team of his ex team mates playing to me is one of worst decisions I've seen since ive supported cardiff. Nevermind doing it during a world cup. Its a farce.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...vs-aston-villa

On Wednesday evening, Cardiff City will host Aston Villa in Peter Whittingham's Memorial Match at Cardiff City Stadium, 7pm KO!

There are two ways to watch this game:

In Person - tickets are still available. Adults: £10, Concessions: £7, Juniors: £3.

Live Stream - watch the game live on Cardiff City TV. Match passes are £7.

Proceeds will be going towards the PW7 Foundation, established in Peter's memory.

City boss Mark Hudson discussed the Peter Whittingham Memorial Match.

“We've got some young players, who will be involved. Four of our Academy products will get to experience this fixture. Caleb Hughes, Joel Colwill, Morgan Wigley and James Crole will be in the squad, and will get game time.

"We'll be using the whole squad throughout the game. I've spoken with Villa, and they're bringing everyone, and we've got unlimited subs, so it will be an opportunity for all to get minutes within it.

"We do have a few injuries. The game will come too soon for Isaak Davies and Ebou Adams. Isaak isn't far off now though. He's completed everything with regards to the return to play protocols. He'll get minutes in our behind-closed-doors in-house game on Saturday. It’ll offer the safest environment to control his return. It's just too early on Wednesday.

“Obviously, Rubin and Sparky are still away. Callum O'Dowda and Callum Robinson won't be returning to the squad until later this week after their international duty earlier this month. So, they won't be involved.

"There is a chance of Moz (Sean Morrison) being available. We'll assess him again just before the match.”

Hudson played alongside Whitts during his entire time as a player for the Bluebirds. He added: "It's important that so many of us who knew and loved Peter can support the PW7 Foundation.

"Legends of our Club will be in attendance, and at a church service, in memory of Peter beforehand. We really appreciate their support.

"We created a video about Whitts and his legacy at our Club, which we showed to the group. A number of us were lucky enough to play or work with Pete. But we wanted to make sure everyone knew his impact. I was conscious that we needed to show all of our group and staff what he means to us and our Club.

"It's been quite an emotional build-up to this game. There is going to be a touching reunion between a lot of people who played with Pete or knew him and those who were closest to him. It's important for us to show our love for him.

"I'm looking forward to seeing our fans come and support his foundation and show their feelings about one of the greatest."

Wednesday evening's match will be paused after seven minutes. City and Aston Villa supporters are encouraged to join us in a minute of applause, as we remember our iconic number seven.

The PW7 Foundation was founded in 2021 by trustees and Peter’s close family members: Peter's wife Amanda, brother James, sister Rachel and mother Sally. It serves as a lasting legacy to Peter, dedicated to supporting three very special charities and their vital work.

If you would like to donate to the PW7 Foundation, visit: pw7foundation.co.uk

Oooof. Choked up reading that.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    I'm going but the organisation of this game has been piss poor. The fact that it isn't a team of his ex team mates playing to me is one of worst decisions I've seen since ive supported cardiff. Nevermind doing it during a world cup. Its a farce.
    This game has been arranged between the clubs, charity foundation and the family. People criticise the club but how do they know it wasn't the family and charity who wanted it played today and decided on the format ? What has the fact that the World Cup is on got anything to do with it anyway ? If people cant be bothered to give up watching Poland v Argentina or Saudi Arabia v Mexico live on tv and spend a couple of hours at City stadium paying respects to one of our best ever players, then there really is something sick and wrong with the world and the people in it. There is also a record button on most peoples remote controls or catch up tv available if people are that desperate to watch meaningless World Cup action.

It would reflect that if people would get off their backsides and fill the stadium but that wont happen at least partly because of the negative attitude that has been shown towards the game in certain quarters right from the start. Interesting that you think that the words ‘competitive warm up game’ actually mean ‘training match’. Do you think that the usual run of the mill testimonial games that occur for players are anything other than a kick about ‘jolly’.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Dont bite to him Kev
    Come on. Tell us. Are you going tonight ?

The World Cup will have an effect on the attendance because people aren’t in the country. There was something like 6000 Welsh fans in the stadium last night plus how ever many more in Tenerife, Benidorm, etc.

The club made the same mistake for Kev’s testimonial which was arranged the same weekend Wales played away in Dublin so thousands of fans (myself included) were out of the country.

If it absolutely had to be held during the World Cup break, this coming Saturday would’ve made much more sense and the attendance would probably be double tonight’s.

Come on. Tell us. Are you going tonight ?
    Silly man. Do you really think im going to take the bait when ive just told Kev not to bite to you?

Dew dew.

just a reminder for those who are going its a 7pm kick off !

Unfortunately can’t get there tonight, did I see that there’s a match pass video available that gives proceeds to the foundation?

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Unfortunately can’t get there tonight, did I see that there’s a match pass video available that gives proceeds to the foundation?
    Yes. Had an email today with details.

Because it's a shit idea and could even be interpreted as disrespectful. If it was played in July during the day we could have got a nice crowd and a cheerful atmosphere. As it is, it's going to be ****ing dismal.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v ASTON VILLA. #PW7FOUNDATION

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Yes. Had an email today with details.
    Thanks…..ish. Sorted now

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Thanks…..ish. Sorted now
    sorry mate! Meant to include the details and not look like some smug so-and-so! Glad you're sorted

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    sorry mate! Meant to include the details and not look like some smug so-and-so! Glad you're sorted
    No worries fella

It would reflect that if people would get off their backsides and fill the stadium but that wont happen at least partly because of the negative attitude that has been shown towards the game in certain quarters right from the start. Interesting that you think that the words ‘competitive warm up game’ actually mean ‘training match’. Do you think that the usual run of the mill testimonial games that occur for players are anything other than a kick about ‘jolly’.
    You’re nearly 70 if your username is anything to go by and the tripe you post on this board suggests either you’re a sad old man or have had an utterly pathetic life. Grow up you total loser.

Respect to the Villa fans for making the journey tonight

Cardiff 1 - 0 Villa

Ollie Tanner, 40