+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Atmosphere at World Cup games

Re: Atmosphere at World Cup games

Quote Originally Posted by stevebrickman View Post
    I went to 9 games last week. Tunisia blew me away - they were amazing. Morocco were decent, and then there were the South and central Americans. 80k Mexicans travelled. They were like cockroach’s- everywhere. Brazil and equador were amazing as well.

Flip side- the European teams. France shocking. Barely any Danes. About a thousand Croatians. Went to Spain v Costa Rica and all of the chants were for mexico!!
    I saw a News repor on YouTube about the Mexicans, they interviewed a few about Qatar and the issues, one of the Mexicans said " so what, this is the World Cup, im here to enjoy " they didnt let it bother them

The Mexicans and the Argentinians seemed the most numerous to me early doors.
    There were lots of Saudis out on the booze after the Win against Argentina.
    My Brother went to the Tunisia Denmark game and he said the atmosphere was incredible.

I think that we did well numbers wise, seemed many many more Welsh than English when I was there.

As far as the atmosphere generated by Wales fans was concerned, the huge physical, financial and emotional barriers created by having the WC in Qatar were a drain on the usual raucous goings on at the CCS. For those of us that flew in from Dubai, body-clock wise, kick off was 11pm finishing at 1.00am the next day. People were tired, gave the singing a good go, but the two killer goals put the dampers on it. Plus there was no segregation as such with England fans outnumbering Wales fans significantly all around us. If only we'd scored. Fair dos to other nations' travelling fans. Ecuador in particular. Now that is an away trip.