+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Page Out

Re: Page Out

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    It needs a massive shake up.
    Bellamy has the intelligence, the passion and the intensity.
    He’s also from the Gary Speed era.
    He’s ideal.
    Bellamy and Osian would be a good management team.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Bellamy and Osian would be a good management team.
    Yes. Osian is more of a (really brilliant) behind the scenes man for me.

Yes. Osian is more of a (really brilliant) behind the scenes man for me.
    Good cop, bad cop, there certainly wouldn't be any complacency or favouritism.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Osian Roberts
    This

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Osian Roberts

Always the silent assassin

We don't need a big time Charlie

A tracksuit manager is what we need
    No thanks. He’s a Brian Kidd. A number 2.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    ...or a Carlos Queiroz .

Coleman and him then

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    ...or a Carlos Queiroz .

Oh dear. You might want to Google Carlos Queiroz.

Oh dear. You might want to Google Carlos Queiroz.
    ...I think you might want to actually.

...I think you might want to actually.
    He’s been a manager of many different national teams for decades. Long before he was assistant to Fergie for a few years. He might have been a number 2 to the great Fergie but he’s predominantly a number 1.

Like Brian Kidd I think Osian Roberts is better in the supporting / development role and not a front man.

He’s been a manager of many different national teams for decades. Long before he was assistant to Fergie for a few years. He might have been a number 2 to the great Fergie but he’s predominantly a number 1.

Like Brian Kidd I think Osian Roberts is better in the supporting / development role and not a front man.
    Maybe. Still prefer him as head coach to Giggs or Page.

Maybe. Still prefer him as head coach to Giggs or Page.
    Well unlucky cos Page has just signed a 4 year deal.

And Giggs was doing the business. Qualifying for finals at first attempt whilst bringing youngsters through and phasing out a lot of the old guard. A shame his morals as a human being were not as good as his coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Osian Roberts

Always the silent assassin

We don't need a big time Charlie

A tracksuit manager is what we need
    Morison!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Morison!
    And he’s Welsh

I’ll support England if he gets the job

And Giggs was doing the business. Qualifying for finals at first attempt whilst bringing youngsters through and phasing out a lot of the old guard. A shame his morals as a human being were not as good as his coaching.
    I think this is really key. Giggs was better than I thought he was going to be and Page is worse than I thought he was going to be.

And he’s Welsh

I’ll support England if he gets the job
    ...come on...but that tracksuit!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    ...come on...but that tracksuit!
    The gleaming white trainers

The gleaming white trainers
    I swear he used to put a fresh pair on at half time.

It needs a massive shake up.
    Bellamy has the intelligence, the passion and the intensity.
    He’s also from the Gary Speed era.
    He’s ideal.
    As a manager? He might be. But I think he'd be a better coach for the time being.

4 ****ing years. Jesus.

Has anyone else’s opinion of Page changed over the past nine days? I thought four years was too long for his new contract, but I wasn’t against a shorter one. However, just like I find it so hard to single out any player who had a good tournament overall, I’d say Page has had a disastrous one - is there anything in it he can be said to have done well?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Has anyone else’s opinion of Page changed over the past nine days? I thought four years was too long for his new contract, but I wasn’t against a shorter one. However, just like I find it so hard to single out any player who had a good tournament overall, I’d say Page has had a disastrous one - is there anything in it he can be said to have done well?
    My opinion that he’s not tactically good enough has never changed. Plain for all to see in the Denmark 4-0, we were massively lucky against Ukraine. He’s not good enough at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    My opinion that he’s not tactically good enough has never changed. Plain for all to see in the Denmark 4-0, we were massively lucky against Ukraine. He’s not good enough at this level.
    I concur with that.

Not wishing to sound ungrateful as we did get to a World Cup which I never thought I’d see but we need a ruthless coach not a decent lad who you wouldn’t mind having a pint with.

Page doesn’t react quickly enough, Denmark in the Euros, USA last week and we got mullered v Iran due to them having Queiroz who identified how poor we were in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Denmark are a top ten side (or very close to one), were playing at home in front of a crowd, and nation, which was united by the near tragedy which happened in their first match - I think most sides in that tournament would have struggled to avoid defeat in such circumstances. I agree that luck was on our side against Ukraine, but, again, Wales were the "baddies" against opponents driven on by more than just football.

This time though, I can't come up with any excuses. I'll make a small allowance for injuries, but, increasingly, the impression I'm getting from this tournament is that not one single Welsh player matched their potential (and I'm not talking their absolute best there) - not one Welshman performed to the level that they do in an average performance for their club. To my mind, that asks questions about things like preparation, spirit, tactical approach, selection and substitutions and motivation = all of the things which you think management and coaching are responsible for.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Denmark are a top ten side (or very close to one), were playing at home in front of a crowd, and nation, which was united by the near tragedy which happened in their first match - I think most sides in that tournament would have struggled to avoid defeat in such circumstances. I agree that luck was on our side against Ukraine, but, again, Wales were the "baddies" against opponents driven on by more than just football.

This time though, I can't come up with any excuses. I'll make a small allowance for injuries, but, increasingly, the impression I'm getting from this tournament is that not one single Welsh player matched their potential (and I'm not talking their absolute best there) - not one Welshman performed to the level that they do in an average performance for their club. To my mind, that asks questions about things like preparation, spirit, tactical approach, selection and substitutions and motivation = all of the things which you think management and coaching are responsible for.
    I think the words “half arsed” describe your second paragraph Bobbito.

Players, coaches, lack of energy (Neco Williams aside), tactics, etc.