+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Where now for Wales?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Where now for Wales?

Page needs to step down or be replaced

Of course like any welsh manager he's got a limited squad but he hasn't used his available team well for some time

Bale if he is to continue playing , needs to be with a league club , playing fairly regularly

And if he's to play for Wales it can't be for 90 minutes

Allen will retire at the end of this season , Ramsey might have 2 years in him left but not as a first team regular

Get flynn or flynns son or grandson to look for players as before

Youth - concentrate on the younger players moving forwards like you said. Get the younger boys some game time.

But keep bale and Ramsey involved with the squad. Not as guaranteed starters anymore but they have to stay involved and be ready as super subs. Their experience is vital to this squad.

Get a manager who has the balls to make the changes

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Page needs to step down or be replaced

Of course like any welsh manager he's got a limited squad but he hasn't used his available team well for some time

Bale if he is to continue playing , needs to be with a league club , playing fairly regularly

And if he's to play for Wales it can't be for 90 minutes

Allen will retire at the end of this season , Ramsey might have 2 years in him left but not as a first team regular

Get flynn or flynns son or grandson to look for players as before
    He just signed a 4 year deal 2 months ago he isn’t going anywhere.

At the very least he will get the next Euro qualification.

Shouldn't the title of this thread really be "Where To Now Then For Wales?"

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Shouldn't the title of this thread really be "Where To Now Then For Wales?"
    Is this me or that comes across as very Jimmy Savile?

But if Gunter goes, who’s going to supply the music ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Is this me or that comes across as very Jimmy Savile?
    Bloody hell, it does, doesn't it?! I can hear it in my head. Good spot! Was entirely unintentional of course as I had a more Gavin and Stacey script in my head but now it's just creepy! Thanks Jordi, I won't ever be able to get that image out of my head now!

International

Back to normal, struggle to qualify for anything because most of the players are average and the good ones are no longer World class, I doubt anyone over 50 will see Wales in a World Cup again.

It was fun while it lasted, and at least they made it!

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Back to normal, struggle to qualify for anything because most of the players are average and the good ones are no longer World class, I doubt anyone over 50 will see Wales in a World Cup again.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post

World cups are going to be slightly easier to reach from now on, with 48 teams going, so some of the times we *almost* made it, we might now start actually going.
    So perhaps one in every 3 or so world cups rather than every 64 years.

Also it is possible that this level of success we have had means that more kids are getting into football instead of rugby or other sports, and that might lead to more success in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Bloody hell, it does, doesn't it?! I can hear it in my head. Good spot! Was entirely unintentional of course as I had a more Gavin and Stacey script in my head but now it's just creepy! Thanks Jordi, I won't ever be able to get that image out of my head now!
    I didn't recognise the Gavin & Stacey reference as I've never watched it but picked up on Savile immediately.

Says more about me doesn't it?

'Now then...'

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I didn't recognise the Gavin & Stacey reference as I've never watched it but picked up on Savile immediately.

Says more about me doesn't it?

'Now then...'
    I was too polite to point that out! 😜