+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which City players would get into the current Wales team

Re: Which City players would get into the current Wales team

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    And where do the others listed fit in?

The Welsh coaches would probably argue that Davies counts as a full back as he can play there and centre back and that Rhys Norrington-Davies would have been in had he not been injured. I'm happy to accept that Collins gets in ahead of Gunter on ability and providing more balance, but Wales' defence is fairly decent
    We are on about now. Roberts , Rodon Mepham were terrible this World Cup. There are places up from grabs. Sadly Kipre cant take one spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    We are on about now. Roberts , Rodon Mepham were terrible this World Cup. There are places up from grabs. Sadly Kipre cant take one spot.
    Mepham certainly wasn't terrible at the World Cup and is impressing at Premier League level, a level Kipre has never played at. Rodon is playing in Ligue 1. Cedric Kipre was loaned out from a poor West Brom side and is currently playing for a side sat 19th in the Championship

The over reaction to Wales being knocked out is ridiculous, I've seen people on here saying the side are crap or that there's barely half a dozen decent players in Wales. That's just nonsense. You don't reach a World Cup as a European side without having something about you. We qualified from a decent group and beat two good teams in the playoffs to get to the World Cup, the idea that players from a poor Championship side would get in and improve a side of mainly top division players is ridiculous. There are some who may get in the squad (some already do!), but no Cardiff players trouble the Welsh starting XI

Mepham certainly wasn't terrible at the World Cup and is impressing at Premier League level, a level Kipre has never played at. Rodon is playing in Ligue 1. Cedric Kipre was loaned out from a poor West Brom side and is currently playing for a side sat 19th in the Championship

The over reaction to Wales being knocked out is ridiculous, I've seen people on here saying the side are crap or that there's barely half a dozen decent players in Wales. That's just nonsense. You don't reach a World Cup as a European side without having something about you. We qualified from a decent group and beat two good teams in the playoffs to get to the World Cup, the idea that players from a poor Championship side would get in and improve a side of mainly top division players is ridiculous. There are some who may get in the squad (some already do!), but no Cardiff players trouble the Welsh starting XI
    if you were offered Kipre or Cabango on a free at the end of the season, which would you take?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    if you were offered Kipre or Cabango on a free at the end of the season, which would you take?
    Cabango. He's younger and has been a regular fixture in a Swansea side that has outperformed us over the past few seasons. I don't think either are fantastic, but when they're playing at the same level I'd say it makes sense to go for the younger player, they have more toom to grow

Alfie Mawson was a PL player once after a big money move from Swansea. PL clubs make mistakes or get promoted with poor players.

I think Gary Madine was a PL player as well. 🤣

I concede that several of the players just had mares of a World Cup and nowhere near as bad as they performed.

Kipre may not be MOM every game, but he's a stand-out player. He would easily make the Welsh squad and should probably start.