+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Glamorgan Membership

First Team

Glamorgan Membership

I've never been to a Glamorgan game but I'm thinking of it for next year.

Is it worth it? Which is the best one to get?

Re: Glamorgan Membership

buy now

7 OCT 2020 | CRICKET
    Glamorgan membership is now available for the 2021 season with membership giving supporters the opportunity to follow the Welsh county next summer across all formats and access to a range of benefits.

Early Bird full adult membership for 2021 is priced at £200 (£150 if purchased before December 10th), and is amongst the lowest in county cricket.

Members who donated their 2020 fees will also receive an additional 25% discount on their 2021 membership.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    buy now

7 OCT 2020 | CRICKET
    Glamorgan membership is now available for the 2021 season with membership giving supporters the opportunity to follow the Welsh county next summer across all formats and access to a range of benefits.

Early Bird full adult membership for 2021 is priced at £200 (£150 if purchased before December 10th), and is amongst the lowest in county cricket.

Members who donated their 2020 fees will also receive an additional 25% discount on their 2021 membership.
    Think you're about two years out with this info mate

Back to the main topic, I was thing of getting a season ticket for cricket but don't want to hijack the thread or start a new one. Plenty of options to be fair - just white ball or the full package for £239 seems good value.

I stopped my membership after years because of Covid and lockdown and haven't felt like renewing. I live about 20 minutes from the ground (walking) and would recommend the full membership if you're retired but you do have to get used to watching County Cricket in a large ground with just a handful of enthusiasts and an echo (not the paper) for company.

The Superblast or whatever they call it now is more of an occasion but only if we're any good. Again, it's a bit miserable when we're crap (which we were a few seasons ago). Better to go to one of those (or get the very good value ST for those games).

I'd renew it just because it's a nice place to soak up the rays and there's free coffee in the members lounge!

I did go to Newport to watch them a few years ago and preferred that. Small, village cricket feel to it against Gloucester and more intimate. I used to like it when we moved around and played at places like Abergavenny, Pontypridd, Ebbw Vale, too.

Of course, if you do get a membership, you get the early bird offer to buy ODI tickets for an England game which I'd say was the best experience each season unless we were doing well.

Sorry, mate, I can be a miserable bugger until at least three coffees and I'm on my first! I'd say, pick one YOU fancy and go for it. It'll probably rain anyway

Edit: and we'll lose!

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    I've never been to a Glamorgan game but I'm thinking of it for next year.

Is it worth it? Which is the best one to get?
    I will PM you Mr City.

Bought mine earlier. £348 for joint membership (me and Mrs Llanishen Bull). It's £200 for individual membership.
    Gets you free entry to all Glamorgan home games (bar any knockout games, eg T20 1/4 final). Doesn't get you into Hundred games, but there's a category of membership that includes that.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I stopped my membership after years because of Covid and lockdown and haven't felt like renewing. I live about 20 minutes from the ground (walking) and would recommend the full membership if you're retired but you do have to get used to watching County Cricket in a large ground with just a handful of enthusiasts and an echo (not the paper) for company.

The Superblast or whatever they call it now is more of an occasion but only if we're any good. Again, it's a bit miserable when we're crap (which we were a few seasons ago). Better to go to one of those (or get the very good value ST for those games).

I'd renew it just because it's a nice place to soak up the rays and there's free coffee in the members lounge!

I did go to Newport to watch them a few years ago and preferred that. Small, village cricket feel to it against Gloucester and more intimate. I used to like it when we moved around and played at places like Abergavenny, Pontypridd, Ebbw Vale, too.

Of course, if you do get a membership, you get the early bird offer to buy ODI tickets for an England game which I'd say was the best experience each season unless we were doing well.

Sorry, mate, I can be a miserable bugger until at least three coffees and I'm on my first! I'd say, pick one YOU fancy and go for it. It'll probably rain anyway

Edit: and we'll lose!
    Thanks for that, hope you've had the other two coffees now and feeling better

Didn't think about not playing at Sophia Gardens but I quite like the idea if they spread it around a bit. I reckon I'll start off with the one day and vitality blast package this year and maybe just pay for the odd day in the County Championship and 100 games. That's only £99

Quote Originally Posted by Llanishen Bull View Post
    Bought mine earlier. £348 for joint membership (me and Mrs Llanishen Bull). It's £200 for individual membership.
    Gets you free entry to all Glamorgan home games (bar any knockout games, eg T20 1/4 final). Doesn't get you into Hundred games, but there's a category of membership that includes that.
    Can you only sit in certain stands or anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Can you only sit in certain stands or anywhere?
    They don't open all the stands for 4 day games, but other than that you can sit where you like.

The last time I was a member the price was £15 per year. The club employed consultant's who recommended such a low sum in order to boost membership and it worked unsurprisingly making Glamorgan the best supported cricket club in the UK. But even then very few attended matches except for the then Sunday League.

Even at the new rate for next season it's a bargain if you are retired and can attend most home matches.