+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Britain faces 'prolonged period' of excess deaths

Britain faces 'prolonged period' of excess deaths

Chris Whitty warns Britain faces 'prolonged period' of excess deaths NOT caused by Covid due to collateral effects of lockdown

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...ss-deaths.html

Re: Britain faces 'prolonged period' of excess deaths

That’s misinformation according to some

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Canton Kev will be blaming it on an unusually hot winter!

According to who?

I haven't seen anyone on this board denying the impact of lockdown and a swamped NHS on diagnosis and treatment of other illnesses.

I have seen cheerleaders for the selfish stupidity of a minority who contributed to some avoidable spread of Covid that killed some people and put others into the future 'excess deaths' column.

Whitty and Vallance in that report described the 2020-21 lockdowns and social distancing rules (including GP services) as the 'least worst' approach in the circumstances of the time. That seems about right to me - although the cost (mainly to health and lives but also to jobs and incomes) of the 'least worst' will be with us for years.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    According to who?

I haven't seen anyone on this board denying the impact of lockdown and a swamped NHS on diagnosis and treatment of other illnesses.

I have seen cheerleaders for the selfish stupidity of a minority who contributed to some avoidable spread of Covid that killed some people and put others into the future 'excess deaths' column.

Whitty and Vallance in that report described the 2020-21 lockdowns and social distancing rules (including GP services) as the 'least worst' approach in the circumstances of the time. That seems about right to me - although the cost (mainly to health and lives but also to jobs and incomes) of the 'least worst' will be with us for years.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Sir Chris Whitty also said for the vast majority of people the virus would be mild to moderate unless that was false information

Sir Chris Whitty also said for the vast majority of people the virus would be mild to moderate unless that was false information
    Are you suggesting the narrative is elastic?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Canton Kev will be blaming it on an unusually hot winter!
    oh that must’ve really got to you me being proven right.

I’ve never once denied there would be negative effects of lockdown. As I said in previous threads, lockdown WILL have caused lasting effects. No doubt about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post

I’ve never once denied there would be negative effects of lockdown. As I said in previous threads, lockdown WILL have caused lasting effects. No doubt about it.
    Were you right?

Professor Chris Whitty warns a THIRD wave of Covid is inevitable later this year but it'll be 'nothing like we've seen this winter' - as he tells MPs lifting lockdown too soon will see 'a lot more people die'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ted-early.html

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post

Yean, but you weren't in the Gluey gang when you said it, so it doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Were you right?
    Yep