+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Cider Drinkers. What do you drink?

Re: Cider Drinkers. What do you drink?

Anyone remember K Cider with a big Red letter K?
    Used to love that cider until I drank too much of it one night and tried to swim down south road in sully while staying at a mates house for a barbecue, ending up sicking everywhere.
    Never touched it again.

I often pop over to Richie cider Farm over in a village called Mark as you come off the M5 for Burnham on Sea.
    Brilliant farm shop worth an hours day out if your camping over Brean.
    Lovely old cider mill they make there own ciders award winning. The Vintage I find you can't go wrong with in any form of cider maker but there's are pretty close to the HWV.

K cider is still about. Ebay has 24 x 500ml for £36.99. Knock yourself out.. literally.

Was there a 'cider' called Red Rock?

just to change the topic slightly talking of strong alcohol did anyone drink Hurlimann lager back in the day ? do they still sell it ?

got bladdered many times drinking that stuff !

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    just to change the topic slightly talking of strong alcohol did anyone drink Hurlimann lager back in the day ? do they still sell it ?

Oh my god hooligans it was leathal.I have seen my meekest friend turn into a fighting lunatic.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Oh my god hooligans it was leathal.I have seen my meekest friend turn into a fighting lunatic.
    I wonder what the alcohol content of that was. Where did it come from? And why did they sell it in Brains' pubs? It seemed lethal. But was it?

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    Anyone remember K Cider with a big Red letter K?
    Used to love that cider until I drank too much of it one night and tried to swim down south road in sully while staying at a mates house for a barbecue, ending up sicking everywhere.
    Never touched it again.
    Queens Vaults used to sell it in the early 90's, as did a bar next to the club on the corner of park place and greyfriars road, ( what was the name of the place ? ? ? ? anyone know, Pikey used to always drink in there, was it Dylans and Henrys ? ? ? ) but they wouldn't serve it in bottles, so you had to have 2 poured into a pint glass good times indeed, its a lovely drink when Very cold

When City played up north in the early 90's the bus stopped of at a pub on the way ( the pub used to be a Church ) and we all piled in, noticed the fridge had it in, great myself and my mate thought, he only had a shelf full, we told the barman to fill up and fridge so it chilled down a little, we had a few drinks, the barman says " we have run out boys " we moaned and said selfish b'stards drinking our cider, he says " only you 2 were drinking it, you have done 19 bottles this was in 2 hours, when we went outside we knew it, lets say we were wrecked

a great drink and the bottle lit up in a cool way under a UV light

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Queens Vaults used to sell it in the early 90's, as did a bar next to the club on the corner of park place and greyfriars road, ( what was the name of the place ? ? ? ? anyone know, Pikey used to always drink in there, was it Dylans and Henrys ? ? ? ) but they wouldn't serve it in bottles, so you had to have 2 poured into a pint glass good times indeed, its a lovely drink when Very cold

When City played up north in the early 90's the bus stopped of at a pub on the way ( the pub used to be a Church ) and we all piled in, noticed the fridge had it in, great myself and my mate thought, he only had a shelf full, we told the barman to fill up and fridge so it chilled down a little, we had a few drinks, the barman says " we have run out boys " we moaned and said selfish b'stards drinking our cider, he says " only you 2 were drinking it, you have done 19 bottles this was in 2 hours, when we went outside we knew it, lets say we were wrecked

a great drink and the bottle lit up in a cool way under a UV light
    ahh now you're talking - my kind of drinking I don't think I ever drank for the taste which what made me laugh about the reminiscing at the beginning of the thread,

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    It’s f uck ing horrible
    I should have listened to you. Bought some to watch the football. Tastes like undiluted orange squash

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Was there a 'cider' called Red Rock?
    I remember a drink called Red Rock, wasn’t it US Cider?

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
    I remember a drink called Red Rock, wasn’t it US Cider?
    British cider in the early 90's

Rolling rock was a US beer

Hi, I am a cider drinker and I drink cider.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    I should have listened to you. Bought some to watch the football. Tastes like undiluted orange squash
    Tickets for Netherlands F1 went on sale yesterday. Free cider if you buy me one!

You pussies don't know what cider is. Come down to Somersert, visit a few farms that sell it and you'll find out.

There is one local farm where the farmer charges £10 for a lump of cheese and a wedge of bread.
    Purely out of generosity (he would say to the taxman), he then hands visitors a dusty and often cobweb-ridden glass and points you to two very high wooden barrels of home-made cider whose contents you can imbibe until you fall off a nearby bench or a dirty sofa.

He obtains his cheese and bread using cider as the bartering currency with other farmers and spends a disproportionate amount of time railing against the taxman (and whilst adding your tenner to a circular and sizeable wad of notes in his back pocket).

Over time, the leaking drops from the two barrels have fashioned a sharply defined channel by burning out a depression in the concrete surface below.

All this takesplacein a very grubby barn well off the beaten track.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Tickets for Netherlands F1 went on sale yesterday. Free cider if you buy me one!
    Cheapest 3 day tickets I can find for this are £500 for general admission (standing)

I'm guessing cider will be around £6 a pint, so that's 83 pints of cider to make it worth my while.
    Book the ferry

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

Ah, Hürlimann lager!

In the 60s & 70s, when most beers were 4% ABV or less, Hürlimann lager was 5% ABV (which is how it earned the nickname "Hooligan).
    I think I drank it on a few occasions in the mid-80s when the ABV was slightly less at 4.8%.

To be honest, I have never taken to any beers that are overly strong. Four pints of Hürlimann would have been my lot and my speech would start to be slurred.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    You pussies don't know what cider is. Come down to Somersert, visit a few farms that sell it and you'll find out.

There is one local farm where the farmer charges £10 for a lump of cheese and a wedge of bread.
    Purely out of generosity (he would say to the taxman), he then hands visitors a dusty and often cobweb-ridden glass and points you to two very high wooden barrels of home-made cider whose contents you can imbibe until you fall off a nearby bench or a dirty sofa.

He obtains his cheese and bread using cider as the bartering currency with other farmers and spends a disproportionate amount of time railing against the taxman (and whilst adding your tenner to a circular and sizeable wad of notes in his back pocket).

Over time, the leaking drops from the two barrels have fashioned a sharply defined channel by burning out a depression in the concrete surface below.

Have you got the GPS coordinates?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post

When I lived in Bristol (1977-83) there used to be a string of cider yards along the Hotwells Road - all with wooden gates and inside trestle tables and big cider vats. They were just starting to close down then - probably all gone now - but still had a hard core clientele of brain damaged regulars who used to be left sitting outside the gates on the pavement when the yard closed. Lethal stuff (sometimes literally)!

Glad to see stowford press getting a few mentions. Wetherspoons knocks it out at less thank £3 a pint yet it's still pleasant!!