+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cider Drinkers. What do you drink?

Cider Drinkers. What do you drink?

Anyone on here drink Henry Westons Vintage? Good grief

I'm not a big drinker, if I go 'out' I drink Strongbow. I'm usually cooked by the time I reach eight pints. If I'm 'out out' I could most probably hit the dizzy heights of ten.
    I've had a few cracks at HWV and I must say eight x 500ml bottles more than broadened my horizons.

Re: Cider Drinkers. What do you drink?

I love cider but try to keep off sessions of it and just have one or two on a night afternoon out.

Pub I go to has started serving Thatchers Haze. Love it. Much prefer Thatchers to Strongbow. I do like Stongbow Cloudy Apple.

Dont like Inches which a lot of pubs seemed to introduce.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post

I'm not a big drinker, if I go 'out' I drink Strongbow. I'm usually cooked by the time I reach eight pints. If I'm 'out out' I could most probably hit the dizzy heights of ten.
    I've had a few cracks at HWV and I must say eight x 500ml bottles more than broadened my horizons.
    You could squeeze 10 pints but your not a big drinker! **** me, i'd have to write a will beforei attempted that much alcohol

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You could squeeze 10 pints but your not a big drinker! **** me, i'd have to write a will beforei attempted that much alcohol
    Ai, ten pints on an all dayer I meant. Three of those 10 pints are breakfast for us valley boys

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I love cider but try to keep off sessions of it and just have one or two on a night afternoon out.

Pub I go to has started serving Thatchers Haze. Love it. Much prefer Thatchers to Strongbow. I do like Stongbow Cloudy Apple.

Dont like Inches which a lot of pubs seemed to introduce.
    Try the Henry Westons Cloudy. Carbonated anything sucks as far as I'm concerned.

Thatchers Haze is popular around here, I always used to prefer lager, but on a hot summers day you cant be a haze

Ai, ten pints on an all dayer I meant. Three of those 10 pints are breakfast for us valley boys
    Fair play to you! i don't drink anymore, but the last beer i really enjoyed way back in 2009 was a beer called 'Sunchaser' think it was brewed by Everards. I've seen those Ciders that fuse flavours, Kiwi fruit and lime and that kind of business, haven't tried them but they don't sound great.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Thatchers Haze is popular around here, I always used to prefer lager, but on a hot summers day you cant be a haze
    Named after her Poll Tax years.

've seen those Ciders that fuse flavours, Kiwi fruit and lime and that kind of business, haven't tried them but they don't sound great.
    rekorderlig is a nice summers fruity drink

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    rekorderlig is a nice summers fruity drink
    I'll take your word for it Matt. I can only imagine that they can be a bit sickly, although without drinking them i can't really comment.

hope they sell that when up in JACS Aderdare in a few weeks time

like a cool cider but in moderation !

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    hope they sell that when up in JACS Aderdare in a few weeks time

like a cool cider but in moderation !
    It's moderation alright Mozz. Four pints, I've had shitter acid

Fair play to you! i don't drink anymore, but the last beer i really enjoyed way back in 2009 was a beer called 'Sunchaser' think it was brewed by Everards. I've seen those Ciders that fuse flavours, Kiwi fruit and lime and that kind of business, haven't tried them but they don't sound great.
    May I ask why you don't drink anymore?

May I ask why you don't drink anymore?
    Yeah, no problem. I was never a big drinker, couldn't hold it and was usually sick on it. After 2 pints i was forcing it down, so i just thought, **** it, what's the point? I only ever started drinking because it was sort of the done thing. Never really had an interest in it. All a bit boring really

Yeah, no problem. I was never a big drinker, couldn't hold it and was usually sick on it. After 2 pints i was forcing it down, so i just thought, **** it, what's the point? I only ever started drinking because it was sort of the done thing. Never really had an interest in it. All a bit boring really
    ^^
    Thinly veiled ~ E's and whizz type of guy..

^^
    Thinly veiled ~ E's and whizz type of guy..
    On the odd occasion, most certainly, not Whizz though, ****ing nostril burning shit and the come down wasn't clever. All finished with that by the time i was 20 though. Booze just wasn't my thing, it would spin me out a bit and i would talk even more bollocks than i usually do, if that's possible

On the odd occasion, most certainly, not Whizz though, ****ing nostril burning shit and the come down wasn't clever. All finished with that by the time i was 20 though. Booze just wasn't my thing, it would spin me out a bit and i would talk even more bollocks than i usually do, if that's possible
    No way!!!

Inch’s at the moment, a lovely pint.

No better than the Henry weston vintage.
    Nice little one couldn't drink more than one but a nice thirst quencher is the lillys cider they do.
    Check this list out they do.

https://www.lilleyscider.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    No better than the Henry weston vintage.
    Nice little one couldn't drink more than one but a nice thirst quencher is the lillys cider they do.
    Check this list out they do.

https://www.lilleyscider.co.uk/
    Lilleys ijust down the road from me, in fact I drove past it on the way back from football training only a few hours ago

lightweight!

Pina colada, cider that was quite different. Nice though 😂😂

Westons Vintage is my favourite cider, potent but proper cider , Aspalls is also a lovely clean tasting dcider but again strong and very acidic, Kopparberg a nice summer thirst quencher i prefer the strawberry and lime flavour

Love a Leo Sayer

Stowford Press for me.
    I remember bottles of GL when I first started drinking, like squash that stuff.