+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cider Drinkers. What do you drink?

Re: Cider Drinkers. What do you drink?

Not really drunk cider since my teens when K was my tipple of choice. 🤮
    I went to watch Somerset v Gloucestershire at Lords once and they'd run out of cider before lunchtime. They seriously underestimated the preference for cider over beer amongst west country cricket fans.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    I've heard good things about Old Rosie Cloudy. That's on my list for next weekend
    It’s f uck ing horrible

Never heard of it before. Just had a quick look online and Asda sell it so I shall pick one up next time I'm there
    its a lovely refreshing summers drink

Quote Originally Posted by GL1Blue View Post
    Stowford Press for me.
    I remember bottles of GL when I first started drinking, like squash that stuff.
    love stowford, when my daughter played Cricket they sold it, lovely to have a icey pint in the evening sun

Not heard of Gwynt Y Ddraig. Where do they sell it?
    Tesco sell Gwynt y Ddraig Black Dragon 500mL bottles. It weighs in at 7.2% so is certainly robust!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    My old favourite used to be Merrydown dry but I don't see it on tap any more.
    Now that's stuff that should have been on the optics.

Absolute loopy juice, must have been about 9%.
    Two pints of that back in the day had you singing, four had you fighting!

I've really been a cider drinker since I was a teenager, but lately, I've tried a few craft extra dry and sour ciders. Not bad.

Graft Farm Flor, Shacksbury Dry and Nine Pin are a few I've tried.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Now that's stuff that should have been on the optics.

Absolute loopy juice, must have been about 9%.
    Two pints of that back in the day had you singing, four had you fighting!
    Yes it was powerful stuff but deceptively palatable.

I've heard good things about Old Rosie Cloudy. That's on my list for next weekend
    Be careful with it, its not kiddies fizzy cider ,it's the real deal ..

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    My old favourite used to be Merrydown dry but I don't see it on tap any more.
    Oh yes indeed tidy cider .better than strongbow shite.

Not sure it counts as cider, but what happened to woodpecker? God awful stuff

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    The sustenance of life, along with GL, otherwise known as Gloucestershire Lager

The Gwynt-y-Ddraig ciders are very good and are available online. Produced in Llantwit Fardre by the way.

Due to health problems no longer able to drink cider but back in the day I used to enjoy Scrumpy Jack, strong enough without being fally-down.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Ladies shite ciders very fizzy.. Lambrini Cider .

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Bought a few cases of 'cidre' when we were in south Brittany many years ago. Local producer. It was like drinking champagne. Spoils you for anything that comes out of a bottle or can in this country I'm afraid..
    Yes, lovely and even sold in "champagne" bottles.

Nobody from West Wales on here wanting to chip in for Gethin's?

Used to enjoy a cider until my diabetes nurse told me a pint of strongbow contains 8 spoons sugar and magners contains 12 spoons per pint

Quote Originally Posted by Pembroke blue View Post
    Used to enjoy a cider until my diabetes nurse told me a pint of strongbow contains 8 spoons sugar and magners contains 12 spoons per pint
    Yup, i'm a fat **** at the moment and need to lose some weight. Luckily for me i don't booze,because if i did i'd be in the obese bracket i reckon. It's lethal stuff if done too much.

I'm not much of a cider drinker, but had Gethin cider down in Dale last summer. Lovely drop.

ooops - just saw bigjoe's post above
    Last edited by Swiss Peter; 04-12-22 at 11:21. Reason: paying attention lol

Oh there's some great appreciation on this thread, my story is I always started drinking pints but it always turned into gallons, I like 2 pints singing and 4 pints fighting, anyone like to name a few consequences of their euphoric Cider tastes? I was locked up a few nights for drunk and incapable so there's one for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Oh there's some great appreciation on this thread, my story is I always started drinking pints but it always turned into gallons, I like 2 pints singing and 4 pints fighting, anyone like to name a few consequences of their euphoric Cider tastes? I was locked up a few nights for drunk and incapable so there's one for starters.
    Hmmm, consequences of drinking cider, this thread could get incredibly messy.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I remember puking up cider and black that splashed back all over my new suede boots from Paradise Garage. Drinking snakebite and getting into numerous shenanigans. Snakebite actually got banned in Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I remember puking up cider and black that splashed back all over my new suede boots from Paradise Garage. Drinking snakebite and getting into numerous shenanigans. Snakebite actually got banned in Barry.
    My mate curly was banned from drinking cider at the local boozer.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    My theory is that it was you who was banned from Barry and had to flee to NYC. That's a far more exciting backstory too. Sounds edgy. In fact, your new nickname could be Snakebite. I kinda like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    My theory is that it was you who was banned from Barry and had to flee to NYC. That's a far more exciting backstory too. Sounds edgy. In fact, your new nickname could be Snakebite. I kinda like that.
    NYC = Now Yearning Cider!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Like Rick from Casablanca?