+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sala Final Appeal Lost

Sala Final Appeal Lost

City final appeal lost gotta to pay up.. time

Re: Sala Final Appeal Lost

It isn't just the money but the reputational damage it has done to the club.

Not to mention the actual court costs on top of what we would have paid anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    It isn't just the money but the reputational damage it has done to the club.

Not to mention the actual court costs on top of what we would have paid anyway.
    I don't think the club will pay - certainly not the full amount. If City haven't got £15m plus costs, they can't pay.

If we don't pay I assume the 3 window transfer embargo applies. Everyone OK with that ?

We might find out now whether we've got any insurance cover or not. (I'm guessing not).

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    If we don't pay I assume the 3 window transfer embargo applies. Everyone OK with that ?
    That will suit Vinny Pinchpenny down to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I don't think the club will pay - certainly not the full amount. If City haven't got £15m plus costs, they can't pay.
    hasn't the money been " put aside " ? ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    That’s what we were told.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    No, provision has been made in the balance sheet so that it does not impact on the trading position and therefore Profit and Sustainabilty rules if and when it is paid but the club still have to find the cash.

doesn't seem like this is the end of the legal action though, as the CAS said they weren't able to consider our counter claim (that FC Nantes caused or contributed to his death), but presumably if we bring another case it will be heard somewhere else - in France maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    doesn't seem like this is the end of the legal action though, as the CAS said they weren't able to consider our counter claim (that FC Nantes caused or contributed to his death), but presumably if we bring another case it will be heard somewhere else - in France maybe?
    I think you're probably right. Tan does not give up that easily even when it seems like a lost cause.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    City final appeal lost gotta to pay up.. time
    The link given by Rjk is the August CAS decision. Has there been a further appeal held since then?

I may be wrong but I thought there was a possible appeal to a Swiss higher court (not CAS), and otherwise it was civil action against agents, Nantes, airplane owners etc to recover financial losses in a UK or French civil case.

What has LOM seen to start the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    We might find out now whether we've got any insurance cover or not. (I'm guessing not).
    I wonder about this too. Surely someone at the club properly insured the risk? Please!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The link given by Rjk is the August CAS decision. Has there been a further appeal held since then?

I may be wrong but I thought there was a possible appeal to a Swiss higher court (not CAS), and otherwise it was civil action against agents, Nantes, airplane owners etc to recover financial losses in a UK or French civil case.

What has LOM seen to start the thread?
    You are correct in saying that this is just a public record of the full verdict and reasons for CAS upholding the FIFA decision against CCFC. The one page summary of that decision was published back in August and commented on then.

The club have since said that they are continuing to appeal against the decision in the Swiss Supreme Court but they have not clarified what the basis of such an appeal is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I wonder about this too. Surely someone at the club properly insured the risk? Please!!!
    If insurance was not in place ahead of the signature then someone needs to get fired. Basic business nous.

Nothing on News Now about this yet which seems odd, you would have thought some news outlet or another would have picked up on it by now.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Nothing on News Now about this yet which seems odd, you would have thought some news outlet or another would have picked up on it by now.
    Maybe because it is just a fuller account of news that is 14 weeks old - and was reported and discussed extensively at the time.

If the club do find a route to a further appeal as Keith describes, the outcome would be news. But I hope that doesn't happen - the Emiliano Sala transfer saga should be over, even if there is other legal action down the line on other things.

It's Cardiff City, an Albatross of a club

In my opinion (and I'm no expert) these cases have been all about establishing who actually owned the player at the time of the crash. Once that has been established, in law, then that club's insurance must surely kick in, and pay the bill. They (the insurance company) may have been pushing for all these appeals, as they wouldn't want to pay out if they didn't need to. Now it's sorted - yes, he was a City player - then they have to pay up. Hope I'm right.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    In my opinion (and I'm no expert) these cases have been all about establishing who actually owned the player at the time of the crash. Once that has been established, in law, then that club's insurance must surely kick in, and pay the bill. They (the insurance company) may have been pushing for all these appeals, as they wouldn't want to pay out if they didn't need to. Now it's sorted - yes, he was a City player - then they have to pay up. Hope I'm right.
    There will be no insurance payout if the exclusion clauses include taking a non-commercial flight.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    There will be no insurance payout if the exclusion clauses include taking a non-commercial flight.
    But he was offered a commercial flight by the club and chose alternative arrangements. The fact he chose a flight arranged by the agent is hardly the fault of the club. But I am afraid we are all guilty of going around in circles on a paucity of information speculating on arrangements we are all clueless about.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    But he was offered a commercial flight by the club and chose alternative arrangements. The fact he chose a flight arranged by the agent is hardly the fault of the club. But I am afraid we are all guilty of going around in circles on a paucity of information speculating on arrangements we are all clueless about.
    Not the club's fault but it would invalidate the insurance cover.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    Not the club's fault but it would invalidate the insurance cover.
    That sounds like bullshit to me - So someone like messi or bale couldn't fly in on their own chartered flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    That sounds like bullshit to me - So someone like messi or bale couldn't fly in on their own chartered flight.
    i thinkthat the club are arguing that the flight wasn't legal and that there was a lack of due diligence concerning the travel arrangements. It's just one big **** up. As horrible as this sounds, Sala was a 15 million pound asset, if i was working for CCFC then i would be interested to know how he's getting to cardiff. I get updates when i order a £5 watch from Wish, for ****s sake!