+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Gareth Southgate Is A Gent

Re: Gareth Southgate Is A Gent

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    only 19 and standing out in a side full of established champions league level players is seriously impressive,
    Bellingham is "potentially" good. Then again so was Jaydon Sancho not so long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Just a slip of the keyboard

Still better than England
    Not anymore they aren’t. Actually, I see similarities between the two teams, - England have a bit of a soft centre as well.

Just a slip of the keyboard

Still better than England
    Belgium are definitely not better than England, no matter what the FIFA rankings might say

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    You live in the UK i don't My experience of english"ex pats" is that they think the are the best in the world and i'm very happy to see them fail.and fail and fail.
    Ex pats?....they’re called immigrants over here......doesn’t sound so nice to them though I s’pose.

I like the guy, even most of the players seem decent enough for young millionaires.

They made France look ordinary. Their problem is when on top in these games they don't take advantage. Whether that's mental, tactical or a combination of both I'm not sure.

They have a squad more than capable.

England has a never-ending supply of 8 out of 10 international players but one 9/10 in Kane or even a sniff at truly world-class 10/10. So then it's about the manager devising a system to maximize what they do have.

The academies are now producing attacking midfielders for fun, Wales would build a team around any one of Mount,Madison, Foden, Grealish, or Saka but they are so undermanned on defensive midfielders if you want to play with a single or double pivot and Southgate does seem trapped by having to play the "right way"

Bellingham from what i have seen looks like a throwback to the Lampard and Gerrard era of a proper central midfielder running beyond the striker, he is not a sitter and that and centre half are their problem positions.

So IMO they are a top 10 team who need a bit of luck to win big games and to win tournaments you need to ride your luck three or four times in a row whicj is a big ask

The best line i’ve read in this thread is “flat track bullies” That’s what England are. They will more often than not beat the teams they should be beating, but more often than not will lose to teams equally as good, or better than them. It’s the perfect description.

There are some world class players in that tournament

The problem for England is they don't have any of them
    That’s incorrect. They have the best strikers in the world. Train drivers, Posties, teachers, Nurses, Paramedics………..

What a nice guy he is in the way he conducts himself with the players and the media

They will probably sack him but they shouldn't. He's the right man to get the best out of those players as England are not a top level international side even though they think they are .
    I Think you mean Gareth Southgate is a woke moron.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    The best line i’ve read in this thread is “flat track bullies” That’s what England are. They will more often than not beat the teams they should be beating, but more often than not will lose to teams equally as good, or better than them.

Cutting edge assessment there.

We , as in Wales , did really well in euro 2016

We are not however a top international side

England are better than us

But not by a lot
    Not by a lot. Come off it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Not by a lot. Come off it.
    Considering the player base they have compared to ours they are hardly light years away

They have been knocked out at the quarter finals

It's over

Quote Originally Posted by robjohn44 View Post
    I don't mean that at all

All that woke , snowflake criticism comes from daily mail readers

Considering the player base they have compared to ours they are hardly light years away

They have been knocked out at the quarter finals

It's over
    They are miles better than us.

Look at the 2 games v Iran.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Cutting edge assessment there.
    A long winded and polite way of saying they are bottle merchants 😂 👍

Look at the game between us. They cruised to a 3-0 win without putting their foot down.

Quote Originally Posted by robjohn44 View Post
    I agree, I hope England give the job to Nigel Farage.

If they were miles better than us they would have beaten France

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Look at the game between us. They cruised to a 3-0 win without putting their foot down.
    We had two players who were in a coma

If they were miles better than us it would have been ten

But it wasn't

But it wasn't
    By that logic the Netherlands aren’t miles better than Qatar, Brazil aren’t miles better than South Korea, Germany aren’t miles better Costa Rica, etc.

We’re not close to England’s quality. They’re miles better than us. Just compare where their players play compared to ours.

Do you think any England players would get into a let's call it world class 11 ?

I don't think so and that's the problem . England .....I mean the fans , the pundits and the media ......THINK players like Kane are world class ?

They don't have enough players to turn games

That cross into the 6 yard box for the France header tonight ? Perfect

England had lots of possession but they didn't produce enough of that sort of clear chances

They are a good side but not quite clinical or classy enough

I am not crying over it , we are unlikely to ever compete with England but they are not football giants either
    But that’s all hyperbole. No country has XI world class players. You don’t have to have XI world class players to win tournaments.

England have as many elite footballers as the rest of the teams in the competition. Players who have been winning premier league titles and winning / playing in back stages of the champions league.

In my opinion if they had a manager who wasn’t so pragmatic then they would have won a tournament by now.

Also, his loyalty to Maguire and Pickford needs to be seriously questioned. They are not the best players available for their position.

I don't mean that at all

All that woke , snowflake criticism comes from daily mail readers
    If I have read robjohn44's posts correctly, he thinks the Daily Mail is a liberal-lefty propaganda site.

But it wasn't
    They are miles better than us, they just need a Griesmann, Pirlo Modric type midfield playmaker Foden or Grealish could be that player, Grealish needs to stop inviting contact and falling down and get on with playing
    would they swap any of their 1-11 for any of ours doubt it as for 10 I'm sure they could have scored more than three had they needed to i for one was glad they stopped at 3

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    When was the last time that England beat a world class side, or a 'big team' at a major tournament?

Don't dispute that Southgate is a nice guy, by the way.
    The last time they beat a side ranked above them in a tournament was apparently 2002.

Edit - Heard that on the radio yesterday but not actually sure which game it refers to

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    But that’s all hyperbole. No country has XI world class players. You don’t have to have XI world class players to win tournaments.

England have as many elite footballers as the rest of the teams in the competition. Players who have been winning premier league titles and winning / playing in back stages of the champions league.

In my opinion if they had a manager who wasn’t so pragmatic then they would have won a tournament by now.

Also, his loyalty to Maguire and Pickford needs to be seriously questioned. They are not the best players available for their position.
    Maguire is shit, overhits long passes out of defence thinking he's Beckenbauer, in his post match interview he still believed they were the better team and were unlucky, Pickford excludes panic France played and sat back on the lead once they scored much like Argentina did against the dutch and teams have done forever in football, their second was class