+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Takeaway/social foods you can't get excited about

Takeaway/social foods you can't get excited about

Sludge's Pizza hut post got me thinking... I really cannot get excited about pizza, regardless of what's on top of it.

I love curry but if I have a bad takeaway curry I fall out of love for a month or two, hoping my next one (from somewhere else) reignites my passion!

Re: Takeaway/social foods you can't get excited about

I'd have pizza towards the bottom if I had a list.

They're fairly expensive too for what is essentially bread with a sauce and cheese topping.

I just feel I'm getting more taste and a bit more skill in preparing it if I buy a Curry, Chinese, Thai or similar.

If I have pizza I make my own, I don’t feel like it a take away kind of thing.

Also Pasta, even in a restaurant, generally just feel it’s something I could easily make at home for a few quid.

Indian, Chinese/Thai for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    If I have pizza I make my own, I don’t feel like it a take away kind of thing.

Also Pasta, even in a restaurant, generally just feel it’s something I could easily make at home for a few quid.

Indian, Chinese/Thai for me.
    I've started coming around to pasta in an Italian, like a nice carbonara.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I'd have pizza towards the bottom if I had a list.

They're fairly expensive too for what is essentially bread with a sauce and cheese topping.

I just feel I'm getting more taste and a bit more skill in preparing it if I buy a Curry, Chinese, Thai or similar.
    The kebab shops do reasonably priced pizza but I just can't imagine paying Domino's/Papa Johns prices for what you described!

Never ordered a pizza in my life, never bought KFC after I heard about someone finding some Kentuky Fried Rat among their French Fries. As I get older, I find myself going back to the Fish and Chips of my youth - prefer to make my own curries.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Never ordered a pizza in my life, never bought KFC after I heard about someone finding some Kentuky Fried Rat among their French Fries. As I get older, I find myself going back to the Fish and Chips of my youth - prefer to make my own curries.
    Always make me laugh these stories.

So KFC not only had a rat infestation, they managed to put the dead rat in with their chicken portions, not realise it was furry and totally a different shape, coated it, deep fried it and to top it off served it to a customer.
    Must have been the KFC where Ray Charles and Stevie Winder were working out the back.

Hate cheese. So Pizza is a no no.

Indians kebabs great in moderation.

Chippy once a week

Pizza and pasta in a good, authentic Italian restaurant can be great, but a lot of the stuff from takeaways and chain restaurants is pretty crap.
    Chinese takeaways can be hit and miss too.
    I reckon your best bet for getting a decent takeaway is probably to go for a curry.

So KFC not only had a rat infestation, they managed to put the dead rat in with their chicken portions, not realise it was furry and totally a different shape, coated it, deep fried it and to top it off served it to a customer.
    Must have been the KFC where Ray Charles and Stevie Winder were working out the back.
    The stories always used to be when a branch of KFC was opening in the local town, apart from down in Swansea when then were worried about the queues forming outside

Pasta for me, My mrs cooks decent past dish, be is lasagne / Carbonara / spaghetti Bol / al forno or mac and cheese

So I prefer eating a pizza when we do Italian

The girls when they were younger used to love Pizza Hut, most Sundays we would have one on the way home from whatever we had don that day, thy loved the free refills on the drinks and the cookie dough dessert

We used to always have a Domino's for a birthday treat and Christmas Eve night, but with Ubereats / just eats we can order anything now, still have it Christmas Eve as its a bit of a tradition

It happened, I heard separately from two different people who were there.

Just don't order from chain restaurants. Everything at Pizza Hut is frozen.

Italian

Spicy meatballs are good

The rest is bland

I am not a huge fan of Chinese either

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It happened, I heard separately from two different people who were there.
    They missed spotting a rat during all those stages?
    Picking up the chicken (rat), dusting and battering, frying, taking out of the frier, picking the pieces to serve and at all those stages they did not notice the big rat shaped chunk of chicken at any stage?
    Let's say it fell in the frier with the fries. Would you not notice yourself scooping something that weighs a lot more than a portion of fries? Not to mention it wouldn't fit in their poxy excuse for a bag that they serve.

You're more trusting in these stories than I am if I'm honest.

Always think pasta dishes are overpriced in restaurants as they're relatively simple to prepare. Some do a decent pizza though.
    If I go for anything as a takeaway I'm not fussed on a Chinese. Not much variation in taste. A nice curry or fish and chips will do me nicely.

There was a rat photographed kipping in the window of a kebab shop in Caroline Street some years ago

It's a nice sort of help the homeless gesture

They missed spotting a rat during all those stages?
    Picking up the chicken (rat), dusting and battering, frying, taking out of the frier, picking the pieces to serve and at all those stages they did not notice the big rat shaped chunk of chicken at any stage?
    Let's say it fell in the frier with the fries. Would you not notice yourself scooping something that weighs a lot more than a portion of fries? Not to mention it wouldn't fit in their poxy excuse for a bag that they serve.

You're more trusting in these stories than I am if I'm honest.
    the fur is a little bit of a giveaway, unless it skinned itself before

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    the fur is a little bit of a giveaway, unless it skinned itself before
    You'd think so.

Not having a go at TOBW in any way. Just amazes me how these stories grow legs.

You'd think so.

Not having a go at TOBW in any way. Just amazes me how these stories grow legs.
    Or tails

Some of these Urban myths involving restaurants are classics. I heard the same one about an Indian in Cardiff and heard the same when in Manchester.

Both were cast iron guarantees from those in the know.

Pizza is a no go for me as well, mediocre.

I love Mediterranean food, Lebanese, Moroccan etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Some of these Urban myths involving restaurants are classics. I heard the same one about an Indian in Cardiff and heard the same when in Manchester.

Both were cast iron guarantees from those in the know.
    The favourite is using different meats instead of lamb or chicken.

Usually cat.

For it to be true they'd have to send out some top class stray cat catcher to keep up with demand.

Probably made in a warehouse kitchen, delivered in a plastic Tupperware box on the back of a moped/electric bike. Mmmmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Probably made in a warehouse kitchen, delivered in a plastic Tupperware box on the back of a moped/electric bike. Mmmmmmm...
    There’s kitchens in a warehouse at Pwll Mawr business park, Wentloog Rd, Rumney. It’s next door to the garage I use. It’s exactly how you describe, if my van or car is in for anything it’s flat out busy when I’m picking my vehicle up at tea time. Bet it’s manic as the evenings go on.