+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Transfer embargo confirmed

Re: Transfer embargo confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He would be perfect till the end of the season then a long term manager installed

But it's not going to happen
    he would be a disaster

Anyone thinking Warnock would be the answer now, is asking the wrong question.

Warnock until the end of the season might work in the short term as he comes in and puts a few boots up backsides.

To think it is the answer long term though is wide of the mark.

Cardiff City at the moment is like playing snooker with a tree branch and keep changing the tip...

Something'll need to happen in the New Year. If we're in the drop zone Hudson won't be our manager. This Sala and embargo situation is really serious. The suits are gonna have to justify their big cars and make some sound business decisions. Tan needs to show some empathy and humility. I'm not having a go when I say those things have never struck me as being high on his list of priorities though when it comes to us. Worrying times for sure.

Re: Transfer Embargo

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Morison said he started working on it in Feb. You can't have it both ways. He wanted the credit when things were going well, and it is his fault we are left with this shower of shit. These are nearly all his players.

It was complete lunacy to give that clown the biggest transfer window in the club's recent history.
    They're not a 'shower of shit'. We're playing some really good football for the 1st time in years. What we lack is players who are composed in front of goal. Considering the player upheaval - losing all those 'wise heads' and experience, we're not doing too bad. From day 1 I've said to avoid a relegation scrap this season will be success. We look like we may be heading for one, but the season is just half way over. If we were getting played off the park each week fair enough, but we're not.

Re: Transfer Embargo

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    They're not a 'shower of shit'. We're playing some really good football for the 1st time in years. What we lack is players who are composed in front of goal. Considering the player upheaval - losing all those 'wise heads' and experience, we're not doing too bad. From day 1 I've said to avoid a relegation scrap this season will be success. We look like we may be heading for one, but the season is just half way over. If we were getting played off the park each week fair enough, but we're not.
    I tend to agree with this view. Although the threat of relegation is all too real. We really need to find the goals to see us to safety and I think we have to pin our hopes on Etete continuing his good form and showing us why Morison paid a transfer fee for him. It'll be fantastic to have the pace of Philogene and Davies back soon too. Watching this U21 game though is like a microcosm of the first team. Lots of passing football, good spells of possession and attacking intent, but not converting decent chances. That is what needs to change as a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Warnock until the end of the season might work in the short term as he comes in and puts a few boots up backsides.
    No it wouldn't be. We haven't got the players to play how he wants to play, we can't bring any in, plus we've decided to change our style so Warnock would be a totally backwards move.

I thought get to the window and start repairing the damage done by the last one.

Thats out of the question. The squad is really poor and we still have to offload a number of Morisons players.

Are there 3 worse sides. Maybe though to be fair relegation should be the least of our worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Bosch View Post
    I tend to agree with this view. Although the threat of relegation is all too real. We really need to find the goals to see us to safety and I think we have to pin our hopes on Etete continuing his good form and showing us why Morison paid a transfer fee for him. It'll be fantastic to have the pace of Philogene and Davies back soon too. Watching this U21 game though is like a microcosm of the first team. Lots of passing football, good spells of possession and attacking intent, but not converting decent chances. That is what needs to change as a priority.
    Agree with both these posts and just wondering whether we need to invest in a forwards coach as all our main coaches are defenders (Hudson purse and Jenkins) or even if we brought in someone to do sessions with the attacking players?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Agree with both these posts and just wondering whether we need to invest in a forwards coach as all our main coaches are defenders (Hudson purse and Jenkins) or even if we brought in someone to do sessions with the attacking players?
    They could have done worse than to see whether a certain Robert Earnshaw is still in this country during the USL off season.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    No it wouldn't be. We haven't got the players to play how he wants to play, we can't bring any in, plus we've decided to change our style so Warnock would be a totally backwards move.
    Given the choice between Warnock getting a tune out of these players or Hudson I know who my money would be on.

Warnock would use Etete as a focal point and work from there.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Given the choice between Warnock getting a tune out of these players or Hudson I know who my money would be on.

Warnock would use Etete as a focal point and work from there.
    To get us 100% safe from relegation, Warnock, of course. He knows how to be effective at either end of the pitch. I do think, however, that as this is Morison's squad he would have been better placed to make any adjustments. If Choo/Dalman can be criticised for anything, it's getting rid of Morison.

"Exactly what Cardiff City can and can't do under transfer embargo including loaning, selling, recalling and bringing in new players:"

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...y-can-25804885

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    "Exactly what Cardiff City can and can't do under transfer embargo including loaning, selling, recalling and bringing in new players:"

Good and accurate write up by Tom

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    To get us 100% safe from relegation, Warnock, of course. He knows how to be effective at either end of the pitch. I do think, however, that as this is Morison's squad he would have been better placed to make any adjustments. If Choo/Dalman can be criticised for anything, it's getting rid of Morison.
    So you really think that Neil Warnock should come back even after the very dubious signing of Emiliano Sala which he forced through with his mate Willie McKay despite the club board being against it? And with his record of signing players in the Premier League who appeared to be of more benefit to his family than CCFC?

Warnock is a cnut who should be nowhere near this club.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninian1962 View Post
    So you really think that Neil Warnock should come back even after the very dubious signing of Emiliano Sala which he forced through with his mate Willie McKay despite the club board being against it? And with his record of signing players in the Premier League who appeared to be of more benefit to his family than CCFC?
    No. I was responding to a post which offered a choice between Hudson and Warnock to get the best out of the squad. There wasn't anything in my post which suggested I thought Warnock should return

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Just looking at these rules again. If their "negotiations" aren't successful and Tan's still refusing to pay Nantes, he could sign players to one of his other clubs and loan them straight to us. Not really within the spirit of the rules but could be an option.

I note the comment that says there’s a potential for this to be resolved by January

Anyone know what that’s referring to