+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Does, anyone apart from Hudson

Does, anyone apart from Hudson

think Colwill is a winger

Re: Does, anyone apart from Hudson

I think he might be the meme 'good touch for a big man' player now. Hard to see where he fits in.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    think Colwill is a winger
    No, it seems like a token gesture to bring him on to be honest.

Not a winger. maybe a bank manager or barista

i said huds should be gone by xmas when he took over

sadly the club are stuck with him and the players we have on 3 or more year deals... they knew in advance they would get tucked up so signed players on deals that would see them through a transfer block, if im right to understand we cant negotiate players on short contracts either so we will no doubt lose some too...

some big clubs drop out and never come back, and some do

we been pretty low before now in mood before now but just now its a pretty low feeling... im thinking its time for a rally down the ground, like i alwys say raise your voice and people listen... man utd, newcastle fans and so on wouldnt be standing for it and nor should we

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    i said huds should be gone by xmas when he took over

sadly the club are stuck with him and the players we have on 3 or more year deals... they knew in advance they would get tucked up so signed players on deals that would see them through a transfer block, if im right to understand we cant negotiate players on short contracts either so we will no doubt lose some too...

some big clubs drop out and never come back, and some do

we been pretty low before now in mood before now but just now its a pretty low feeling... im thinking its time for a rally down the ground, like i alwys say raise your voice and people listen... man utd, newcastle fans and so on wouldnt be standing for it and nor should we
    O really wanted Hudson to succeed, sadly on that performance he clearly isn't up to the job
    Playing Harris out wide who was totally ineffectual and Whyte was just bizarre
    Colwill should have started, if Hudson has a blind spot to this then I'm afraid its time we cut our losses and started again
    The 2nd half was piss poor against a team we should have buried.
    I'm gutted by this, but as much as I wanted him to succeed, he just isn't up to the job

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    O really wanted Hudson to succeed, sadly on that performance he clearly isn't up to the job
    Colwill should have started, if Hudson has a blind spot to this then I'm afraid its time we cut our losses and started again
    I'm gutted by this, but as much as I wanted him to succeed, he just isn't up to the job
    You would have played Colwill wide?

I actually thought Whyte did quite well today. Do I think we shiould have better players than him starting? Of course. Do I think Colwill is one of them? I'm beginning to think not.

I'm sure he played a similar role at times for the u23s, not an out and out winger but a wide attacking midfielder

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I actually thought Whyte did quite well today. Do I think we shiould have better players than him starting? Of course. Do I think Colwill is one of them? I'm beginning to think not.
    He worked hard and was up and down the wing, but fluffed two massive chances where if he picked his head up he had players queuing up for an easy finish. When our main problem is lack of composure in the final third I don’t think he’s the answer.

Neither is Colwill at that position, but it is clear Hudson has one way he knows how to play and right now he doesn’t fit it. It’s probably time to realize that this squad with this manager is in real danger of going down with no opportunity to fix things in January.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    You would have played Colwill wide?
    No as a number 10 at the top of the diamond with Robinson and Etete up front.
    We keep persisting in trying to play with wingers who, Odowda apart, are just not good enough.

Whyte isn't the answer, he was okay yesterday, but the difference between a good winger at this level and lower league level is to understand when the pick that crucial pass out, something that Whyte failed to do at least twice!
    Harris was totally ineffectual and you could swap them around all day long it wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference.

In the 2nd half yesterday we needed to change things to combat Blackpool and stop them getting I to the game, we didn't and Hudson was found lacking.
    I really wanted to see him make changes, that were positive, he didn't, he replaced a winger for a winger, a Lb for a Lb and played Colwill out of position.

It's a scandalous waste of talent

No as a number 10 at the top of the diamond with Robinson and Etete up front.
    We keep persisting in trying to play with wingers who, Odowda apart, are just not good enough.

Whyte isn't the answer, he was okay yesterday, but the difference between a good winger at this level and lower league level is to understand when the pick that crucial pass out, something that Whyte failed to do at least twice!
    Harris was totally ineffectual and you could swap them around all day long it wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference.

In the 2nd half yesterday we needed to change things to combat Blackpool and stop them getting I to the game, we didn't and Hudson was found lacking.
    I really wanted to see him make changes, that were positive, he didn't, he replaced a winger for a winger, a Lb for a Lb and played Colwill out of position.

It's a scandalous waste of talent
    Our only decent winger is at left back which says it all, wonder where Bagan is?

I agree he should be number 10 but that’s not going to happen under Hudson.

It was obvious yesterday in the 2nd half that Blackpool had changed things around and were gaining the upper hand, for me, adding Rinohota in, and Colwill up top would have negated the changes Blackpool had made.
    I think he missed a trick there to show he could outsmart his opposite number

When I see Colwill I’m still trying to work out what position I think he’ll end up playing. He doesn’t seem to fully fit any position right now. Definitely not a midfielder and seems to lack acceleration and pace for a box to box midfielder. Will be interesting to see what happens with him

I don't see where Colwill will get in. Unless you go 3-5-2. Robinson and Etete have to play so Colwill can't get in with a 4 man defence. He'll have to play off the left.

Harris and Whyte did well in the first half (Whyte made a couple of poor decisions which could have lead to goals, mind you) - I don't know where else you'd expect them to play, as Harris is clearly not a centre forward (at Championship level anyway).

Colwill out wide is a bit of a strange one though.

It was obvious yesterday in the 2nd half that Blackpool had changed things around and were gaining the upper hand, for me, adding Rinohota in, and Colwill up top would have negated the changes Blackpool had made.
    I think he missed a trick there to show he could outsmart his opposite number
    Agreed.

The changes that Hudson DID make, made no difference to the game, whereas the changes that Blackpool made clearly DID effect the game. (those two wingers caused us problems in the second half)