+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alternative Forum? What a stupid bloody idea

Alternative Forum? What a stupid bloody idea

When I first posted on here a few weeks ago after my enforced absence for health reasons,I noticed that the former politics forum and the others that had existed had now metamorphosed into an "Alternative forum"

I presume something happened to cause this.

Nonetheless I never agreed with a separate politics board so I think even less of a board which takes everything football related off the main board and goes even further away from the board I once thought so much of which was an eclectic mix of topics which made this such a good place to be on in its earlier days because everyone got involved in the various discussions that ensued which made for a great mix of views in the one place

Now it is just another boring football board.

Mike why oh why did you ever go down this route??????

Re: Alternative Forum? What a stupid bloody idea

There plenty of threads on the main board that are not football related.
    It's Sludge's threads that get moved.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Cobblers

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    When I first posted on here a few weeks ago after my enforced absence for health reasons,I noticed that the former politics forum and the others that had existed had now metamorphosed into an "Alternative forum"

Nonetheless I never agreed with a separate politics board so I think even less of a board which takes everything football related off the main board and goes even further away from the board I once thought so much of which was an eclectic mix of topics which made this such a good place to be on in its earlier days because everyone got involved in the various discussions that ensued which made for a great mix of views in the one place

We now have a clean and tidy board

That hardly anyone appears to be using

There is logic somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Cobblers
    😀

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Yes I had noticed that there were still some threads on the main board which were not football related.

Which makes an alternative forum even more ridiculous

Sometimes even on a Saturday night it's dead

I think that's a shame

Apparently Instagram and Twitter are what the football fans of today like ?

Yes I had noticed that there were still some threads on the main board which were not football related.

Which makes an alternative forum even more ridiculous
    This is how the nazis started

Happened about 3 months ago now

Generally political and argumentative posts get moved

oh and normally when sludge starts a thread, though the Pizza Hut one stayed, must have been feeling generous that night

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

oh and normally when sludge starts a thread, though the Pizza Hut one stayed, must have been feeling generous that night
    It's not working and the board is slowly snuffing it

Whilst it's appreciated threads get moved or deleted it used to be anarchic on here but with moments of lucidity and enlightenment

It's just gone now

It could be resurrected though

It's not working and the board is slowly snuffing it

Whilst it's appreciated threads get moved or deleted it used to be anarchic on here but with moments of lucidity and enlightenment

It's just gone now

It could be resurrected though
    Nah, it's the same old people arguing about the same old shit that is ruining this board. I don't blame Mike for at least trying something.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Nah, it's the same old people arguing about the same old shit that is ruining this board. I don't blame Mike for at least trying something.
    It's less busy now than it was before the new rules were brought in

So that tells me either the new board is pissing people off or .....People are just bored of football messageboards

Or probably it's a bit of both

Lots and lots of people just vanish

I think we should have a generally football board , politics , music films and everything else

And that's it

It's less busy now than it was before the new rules were brought in

So that tells me either the new board is pissing people off or .....People are just bored of football messageboards

Or probably it's a bit of both

Lots and lots of people just vanish

I think we should have a generally football board , politics , music films and everything else

And that's it
    That's what most of us want, and when it works it's excellent. Then there's the stupid arguments and all the rest of it, which ruins things. Sometimes less is more.

That's what most of us want, and when it works it's excellent. Then there's the stupid arguments and all the rest of it, which ruins things. Sometimes less is more.
    Well everyone can be guilty of stretching a point but that doesnt explain why Saturday nights is dead ......I don't think its explained by people not wanting to discuss the royalty or the crisis in the NHS or the best metal albums of the last 20 years

I just think these people are on twitter or done something stupid like got married

Cobblers
    Northampton away is on the other thread!!

Amen, much less toxic place now. If it goes back to how it was I’ll be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Amen, much less toxic place now. If it goes back to how it was I’ll be gone.
    Sorry to me it is a pale imitation of the board as it was.

If there are toxic threads why not just ignore them.

It is not rocket science

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

3 months ago Matt I was in a coma and not expected to survive.

There was more bloody life in me then than this place sometimes.

I'm still not sure what the alternate forum is supposed to be about. I started a Jeremy Clarkson thread on there about this time yesterday because it seemed the right place for it and it quietly died on there really, yet someone starts a Clarkson thread a few hours later on this forum and it gets far more replies and viewings - not having a go at the person who started the thread on here, it's probably more down to me for sticking the original message on the wrong board.

Now that the thousands who were flocking to read threads on the alternate board started by Gluey and one of his kindred spirits seem to have moved on, I tend to agree with Elwood about the alternate board - what is its point?

Alternative forum was a great idea.

Keep it as it is. Maybe go further and have a forum for conspiracy theorists and anti vaxxers as well.

I come here to discuss Cardiff City, our collective common bond. (and occasionally the Welsh football team)

I have zero interest in other posters views on politics, music etc. Zero. Put that elsewhere.

That seems pretty easy to understand.

I like the Alternative forum - it's the only time I get to read the Guardian.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

Keep it as it is. Maybe go further and have a forum for conspiracy theorists and anti vaxxers as well.
    Maybe, with comments like yours people are less likely to post opinions which basically are different to the masses.

That’s why the board is getting quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

I'd go the other way. Let the conspiracy theorists and anti vaxxers on the main board and out of their safe space where less than a dozen people read their stuff. Let's see how well it goes down.

International

I agree, have the main board and a politics board.

The Football is terrible there is not too much to talk about football-wise at the moment.