+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alternative Forum? What a stupid bloody idea

Re: Alternative Forum? What a stupid bloody idea

If reading the thread header before opening a thread is a possibility, then we only need one forum.

Just a thought, the Terry Hall has died thread on this board has 43 posts at the moment, wonder how many it would have if it was on the alternative board

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I'd go the other way. Let the conspiracy theorists and anti vaxxers on the main board and out of their safe space where less than a dozen people read their stuff. Let's see how well it goes down.
    Using casual discriminatory words again , you can’t help yourself can you ?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rontomuk View Post
    Just a thought, the Terry Hall has died thread on this board has 43 posts at the moment, wonder how many it would have if it was on the alternative board
    None

International

Clarkson 4 replies Alternative board, 22 on here.

Shouldn't this thread be on the Alternative Forum?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Shouldn't this thread be on the Alternative Forum?
    Yes but there would be no replies, it must be terrible for site traffic having the alternative board, it's got to be bad for business.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Nah, it's the same old people arguing about the same old shit that is ruining this board. I don't blame Mike for at least trying something.
    People still arguing are they.

And I thought it was all my fault. Oh.

And good on mike for trying what he needs to do with his own board he's put hours and hours into.

People with strong opinions could cough up their own hard earned money and even more valuable time running a whole new board. See how you get off.

I remember a poster doing that not so long back, said he'd never be a nazi board owner and turned into exactly that.. fair play to mike for keeping this place alive.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Sometimes even on a Saturday night it's dead

I think that's a shame

Apparently Instagram and Twitter are what the football fans of today like ?
    Message board contributors having a life away from this Forum on a Saturday night shocker!

Start them on the main board and then move them to the alternative..

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Start them on the main board and then move them to the alternative..
    I think I'll start a footy-related thread and see if if gets moved the other way.

But seriously, people knocking Mike are being rather disingenuous, in my humble opinion. He can't please everyone and one of the reasons for the lack of interest falls on us, the contributors. The Alternative Forum becomes more difficult to visit as each week rolls by and due to several individuals endlessly repeating themselves and/or simply being wind-up merchants. All credit to jon1959, lardy and Cyril for fighting on endlessly in the name of sanity on there when many of us have simply given up the ghost by and large.

one flew over the cuckoos nest on that forum

The Alternative forum is not for all things non Cardiff City. It's a place to put the politics, conspiracy theories and stuff that get out of hand.

Thus allowing this board to be the open market place that it always has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I come here to discuss Cardiff City, our collective common bond. (and occasionally the Welsh football team)

I have zero interest in other posters views on politics, music etc. Zero. Put that elsewhere.

That seems pretty easy to understand.
    Bully for you.

But some of us who remember the board in its heyday like the more eclectic mix that used to exist. I personally like hearing other people's views on various subjects.

That too is pretty easy to understand.

At the end of the day it is Mike's board to do with as he wishes.

But nothing wrong in supporting a different view of how the board should be

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    If reading the thread header before opening a thread is a possibility, then we only need one forum.
    This is the most sensible comment to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    The Alternative forum is not for all things non Cardiff City. It's a place to put the politics, conspiracy theories and stuff that get out of hand.

Thus allowing this board to be the open market place that it always has been.
    When TOBW is not sure exactly what the Alternative Forum is for though Mike (although you have explained it here) that surely shows there is still confusion.

As Drycleaning said in his post if people just read the thread title,it is usually pretty obvious which threads to avoid if you want to

Get over it ffs. You just said youve had a near escape with death and you are whining about a bloody alternative forum!!! And to keep going on and on after Mike has explained his reasons why? Youve clearly woken up from the coma as Victor Meldrew.

Can't we just go back to the way it was but just close/delete threads that get out of hand? Or is that too much of a pain for the mods?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That's what most of us want, and when it works it's excellent. Then there's the stupid arguments and all the rest of it, which ruins things. Sometimes less is more.
    Totally agree - it gets tedious on here as everyone has had their say on most issues as the board is swamped by a limited number of posters who are quite prolific but normally say the same things and if doesn't suit the thread they are in try to shoe horn it in.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Get over it ffs. You just said youve had a near escape with death and you are whining about a bloody alternative forum!!! And to keep going on and on after Mike has explained his reasons why? Youve clearly woken up from the coma as Victor Meldrew.
    I am not whining old fruit.

Just expressing my own views

As you always do ad nauseum.

Toodle Pip old bean

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    When TOBW is not sure exactly what the Alternative Forum is for though Mike (although you have explained it here) that surely shows there is still confusion.

As Drycleaning said in his post if people just read the thread title,it is usually pretty obvious which threads to avoid if you want to
    TOBW is obviously the yardstick, the man in the street, "Everyman", the average Joe and the message board equivalent of the Clapham Omnibus. Bless 'im

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    TOBW is obviously the yardstick, the man in the street, "Everyman", the average Joe and the message board equivalent of the Clapham Omnibus. Bless 'im
    Dunno whether to say thank you or be offended

I agree with the OP. I used to like the one board and the variety that comes with it.

This for the attention of the management ......is the winning post

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Totally agree - it gets tedious on here as everyone has had their say on most issues as the board is swamped by a limited number of posters who are quite prolific but normally say the same things and if doesn't suit the thread they are in try to shoe horn it in.
    Exactly. I've been guilty of it myself over the years, but a bit of reflection and self awareness does wonders and has served me well. It's the same people saying the same things when certain threads get out of hand. It's like they have **** all else to do than repeat themselves constantly, for whatever reason. I know that we can all ignore the threads in question, but it's more than that in my opinion, it's about blowing out the idiots who use this forum as a way of feeding their own inadequacies.