+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Mental Health Amongst The Homeless

Re: Mental Health Amongst The Homeless

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Im sure He feels he works harder that the druggies outside the supermarket
    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Do you seriously think you work any harder than say dai Jones the cleaner who works nights at the hospital ?
    I didnt say that though

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    A foodbank more local to myself will be getting about £30 worth of food same as they do every other year. The days of me giving that amount in change every month to chancers under the guise of being homeless to spend on crack / heroin are long gone. Deal with it.
    You know that all the homeless up your way are sky high ?

OK then you keep dreaming skylark

Loads and loads of reasons why people become homeless ......coming to Cardiff to escape cnuts like you in Merthyr being one of them

I didnt say that though
    Piss off , you are a fecking clown

Feck me you are a moderator

Do you seriously think you work any harder than say dai Jones the cleaner who works nights at the hospital ?

Feck me who are you to say the money you give to the homeless goes on drugs and drink

Jesus christ no wonder the homeless charities struggle to get money at this time of year with you walking the other way

Fecking joke
    im going to answer this

I dont think I worker harder than dai Jones the cleaner who works nights at the hospital , but I do know I work hard, with the money I work hard for, I shouldn't be made to feel guilty if I go on holibobs

I see the homeless and the drug misuse, its not invisible

I walk the other way to the food bank, but im happy with that

My biggest issue is these folks, most suffer from PTSD and have been cast aside by society, its shocking, Ive mentioned my garage down in Tidworth on here before, its still being paid for and still occasionally used ( according to the housing officer )

how we let these poor soldiers fall through the gaps is terrible
    I helped one about 20 years ago. Ex squaddie who had been homeless. I was throwing away an old sofa, fridge and TV and the charity who come to our work said theyd take them off me, help this guy get back on his feet. I knew the guy. Same age as me. Never really liked him tbh but help him get back on his feet.

Fast forward 20 years he was found guilty last week of raping one of his 18 year old daughters friends. No doubt the Sludges of this world will defend him and blame the system but I wish I never helped the kent back on his feet.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/l...n-help-2036096

Shame as he had done a lot for charity but what Ive heard he did that night of the rape was despicable and to make the poor girl testify in court, absolutely sickening.

im going to answer this

I dont think I worker harder than dai Jones the cleaner who works nights at the hospital , but I do know I work hard, with the money I work hard for, I shouldn't be made to feel guilty if I go on holibobs

I see the homeless and the drug misuse, its not invisible

I walk the other way to the food bank, but im happy with that
    Listen you gimp

You shouldn't feel guilty for going on holiday or buying presents for your family

But the point I am trying to make to the feckwit brigade on here , led by Lord trumpet of Merthyr is .....instead of spending 100 quid this Xmas on chocolates for the wife or 300 quid on a family night out

Spent half of that .....you are still OK with the bank manager ......and give a few quid to the homeless !

It's as simple as that . But we get you wobbleheads coming out with all these excuses ......

Here is the scenario .....a bloke in his thirties is homeless in Cardiff...he served in iraq .....developed ptsd .....he drinks to forget .....by sending some money to one of the Cardiff Street charities they could try and get him off the street ......by giving him ten quid for cider you stop him hassling your daughters later on in the afternoon .....not the ideal solution but there you go

But instead of that sod the homeless they are all druggies ff sake

I helped one about 20 years ago. Ex squaddie who had been homeless. I was throwing away an old sofa, fridge and TV and the charity who come to our work said theyd take them off me, help this guy get back on his feet. I knew the guy. Same age as me. Never really liked him tbh but help him get back on his feet.

Fast forward 20 years he was found guilty last week of raping one of his 18 year old daughters friends. No doubt the Sludges of this world will defend him and blame the system but I wish I never helped the kent back on his feet.
    Oh **** off you ****

This could be a good discussion on the homeless but you got involved and it's going south
    Pot meet kettle. I got involved after the name calling started and you and JR got arguing

Feck me you are a moderator

Feck me who are you to say the money you give to the homeless goes on drugs and drink

Jesus christ no wonder the homeless charities struggle to get money at this time of year with you walking the other way

Fecking joke
    Whats someones occuptation got to do with anything?

Theres workers and shirkers in every occupation. If you ever had a job I have no doubt which category you would fall into.

Oh **** off you ****
    And so the name calling starts.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/l...n-help-2036096

Shame as he had done a lot for charity but what Ive heard he did that night of the rape was despicable and to make the poor girl testify in court, absolutely sickening.
    Give it a rest you sap

This thread is about the homeless not your one way trip to self realisation

[QUOTE=J R Hartley;5374505]And so the name calling

This was a thread about the homeless

Now it's about scroungers and rapists

You tit

I think someone needs a time out on the naughty step.

[QUOTE=SLUDGE FACTORY;5374507]
    And so the name calling

This was a thread about the homeless

Now it's about scroungers and rapists

You tit
    Ah bless. Did someone derail your thread like you do to others? Deal with it.

Yeah liquidate him matt

Go and make a flask of tea, get yourself a blanket and feck off down to Cardiff and do something useful with yourself you lazy oaf.

Chicken and the egg though. A lot of these people have mental issues due to their drug problems.

The aggresive begging going on in Merthyr this last 12-18 months is not pretty and they are not homeless either, they are being housed in several hotels and B&Bs around the town.

I no longer give them any spare change, id rather give to a foodbank. Help people who are struggling whilst still trying to give life a go.
    Do agree .

Linda Thorne , housing chair said a week ago there were ......7 .....rough sleepers on average in Cardiff

That's on public record

I have no idea what the point of your link is other than to show there were 17 on the 22 of September

Any drop at this time of year is because the council provides money to get the homeless off the streets as they don't want people stepping over them

It's at least 50 a night , the council are always massaging the figures
    The point of the link is perhaps people like you and Linda shouldn't just shout out numbers that is on the top of their head.

Someone on here may know different (?) but Cardiff have a rough sleepers team out nightly engaging with rough sleepers and doing the numbers.

Interesting you don't question homelessness charities so much? I wonder how much their CEOs' and directors are paid in comparison to local authority homelessness staff?

Its not 1980 mate dope is no longer the gateway drug, people are skipping to synthetic and hard drugs at a very young age. Sadly.
    I read this about an hour or so ago and it made me think of about my cousin who's a year or two younger than me.
    He's been a Heroin addict since he was kicked out of school in he 80s

My old man just called me up to tell me that my cousin died of an overdose this morning....really weird timing.

His parents tried everything with him to help even raising his twins who were born addicted.
    I'm sad for my cousin who was essentially a nice lad who fell in with a bad crowd very young.
    I'm absolutely gutted for my uncle who gave so much and my other cousins his Brothers.

I wish there was a way to rid the earth of such poison.

No you don't

Spending thousands of pounds at Xmas on daft presents ......silly

Going down the football and as you pass a charity bucket for whatever charity is there and chucking in a tenner ........Nice one

This could be a good discussion on the homeless but you got involved and it's going south
    I'd say you did a great job of sending this one south. Battling about 15 different posters saying the same thing over and over, this is probably what Tuerto meant the other day when saying it's what ruins the board. Everyone else is wrong and you're right.

I'm not sure why you mentioned my name in reply to someone else earlier. As far as I'm aware up until that point I'd replied decently on here.

I'm not gonna repeat myself, you already know you don't work, you've said it yourself as you look after your mum, me repeating myself adds to ruining the board : thumbup:

International

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I'd say you did a great job of sending this one south. Battling about 15 different posters saying the same thing over and over, this is probably what Tuerto meant the other day when saying it's what ruins the board. Everyone else is wrong and you're right.

I'm not sure why you mentioned my name in reply to someone else earlier. As far as I'm aware up until that point I'd replied decently on here.

I'm not gonna repeat myself, you already know you don't work, you've said it yourself as you look after your mum, me repeating myself adds to ruining the board : thumbup:
    I've got a mate who does that with free money, free board and lodge, he hated work, he absolutely loves life as a carer and hasn't got a care in the World. He's a nice bloke but he has always been lazy bustard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    The point of the link is perhaps people like you and Linda shouldn't just shout out numbers that is on the top of their head.

Someone on here may know different (?) but Cardiff have a rough sleepers team out nightly engaging with rough sleepers and doing the numbers.

Interesting you don't question homelessness charities so much? I wonder how much their CEOs' and directors are paid in comparison to local authority homelessness staff?
    Yes, that's true. There's a site that lists a lot of useful information on the Cardiff & Vale University Health Board Support For The Homeless page here.

It's interesting you raise the point about CEOs. It's something I have a real problem with many charities and third sector social enterprises tbh. I'm not going to get into that on here but I worked on some projects with Crisis in London and I've had a lot of direct contact and experience with one of the Social Housing organisations in Grangetown. There's way too much of a private corporate structure and feel to their management practices that makes me feel uncomfortable especially when they're dependent on volunteers and low paid workers.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I've got a mate who does that with free money, free board and lodge, he hated work, he absolutely loves life as a carer and hasn't got a care in the World. He's a nice bloke but he has always been lazy bustard.
    Terrible excuse not to work in my opinion. People that have to look after family aren't anything special,.it is something we should do, and with the other time you have spare get a part time job and don't spend it on your own leisure, like millions of others have to do, families up and down the country battle poverty working dead end minimum wage jobs and still have epder family members to look after whilst holding together a family. Then there are the ones that are "ful time carers" don't do a jot else apart from spending their spare time on hobbies. Can work won't work.

Tis a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I read this about an hour or so ago and it made me think of about my cousin who's a year or two younger than me.
    He's been a Heroin addict since he was kicked out of school in he 80s

My old man just called me up to tell me that my cousin died of an overdose this morning....really weird timing.

His parents tried everything with him to help even raising his twins who were born addicted.
    I'm sad for my cousin who was essentially a nice lad who fell in with a bad crowd very young.
    I'm absolutely gutted for my uncle who gave so much and my other cousins his Brothers.

I wish there was a way to rid the earth of such poison.
    Sorry to hear that Wash.