+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2023 - does it have to be personal?

Re: 2023 - does it have to be personal?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Funny you should say that as I submitted it as my art project in form 5 and got an A 👍

Funny you should say that as I submitted it as my art project in form 5 and got an A 👍
    During my third year in High school we all made piggy Banks in pottery. A pig with a slot in it for coins. Being a complete shit i decided to cut off the ears on one of them and draw a swastika on it with the writing 'Nazi Pig' engraved. Little did i know that it was my future wife's art piece that i had desecrated. I only found this out about a year ago when we were talking about school. I didn't tell her it was me, she still seemed upset about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Not a bad idea that, a cooling off period.
    What about a thread on "cool down" until people can behave?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    During my third year in High school we all made piggy Banks in pottery. A pig with a slot in it for coins. Being a complete shit i decided to cut off the ears on one of them and draw a swastika on it with the writing 'Nazi Pig' engraved. Little did i know that it was my future wife's art piece that i had desecrated. I only found this out about a year ago when we were talking about school. I didn't tell her it was me, she still seemed upset about it.
    Jesus that went dark quickly - time to move it to the alternative alternative board

Jesus that went dark quickly - time to move it to the alternative alternative board

Haha fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    That's right up my street
    I've said it before but it cannot be repeated enough. You could lower the tone in a Turkish knocking shop. You likely already have in that one which was on Main Street in Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I've said it before but it cannot be repeated enough. You could lower the tone in a Turkish knocking shop. You likely already have in that one which was on Main Street in Barry.
    And we have more people coming into the room !

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Of course. If their opinion differs to yours or that which is prevailing, then they're wrong.
    There are facts and there are opinions. You can't use your opinion to deny a fact. But you can use a fact to invalidate someone's opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    There are facts and there are opinions. You can't use your opinion to deny a fact. But you can use a fact to invalidate someone's opinion.
    Someone has opened the Xmas crackers early.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Someone has opened the Xmas crackers early.
    I wish. We don't really get them over here. I mean you can find them and pay an absolute fortune for them, which I did once. But then no one at the table really understands what to do with them. Imagine learning what a Christmas cracker is in your 40s. No one was amused and they definitely didn't want to wear a paper crown.

I wish. We don't really get them over here. I mean you can find them and pay an absolute fortune for them, which I did once. But then no one at the table really understands what to do with them. Imagine learning what a Christmas cracker is in your 40s. No one was amused and they definitely didn't want to wear a paper crown.
    I think Christmas Crackers are the epitome of waste. Besides the dopey paper hats inside them, the rest of the cracker and its contents are only good for landfill after the the thing has been pulled. I can't say I have ever kept the plastic horse or mini magnifying glass (made out of plastic) for posterity.

If you get down to it, Christmas itself is as wasteful as it gets. Food no one will eat, clothes no one wants, toys that don't get played with, packaging, wrapping paper etc etc. It's almost all landfill.

It keeps people employed though. And to an extent, it spreads wealth around.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I think Christmas Crackers are the epitome of waste. Besides the dopey paper hats inside them, the rest of the cracker and its contents are only good for landfill after the the thing has been pulled. I can't say I have ever kept the plastic horse or mini magnifying glass (made out of plastic) for posterity.
    Disagree, After Eight mints, the little sleeves they come in. Shocking amount of waste.

Disagree, After Eight mints, the little sleeves they come in. Shocking amount of waste.
    Could do a separate thread for "things you only buy/see/eat at Xmas"

If you get down to it, Christmas itself is as wasteful as it gets. Food no one will eat, clothes no one wants, toys that don't get played with, packaging, wrapping paper etc etc. It's almost all landfill.

It keeps people employed though. And to an extent, it spreads wealth around.
    Xmas is great for kids and people in care homes

The rest of it is bollocks

You have to be deranged to eat those

Not so. I'm not a massive fan of chocolate, but i can blast a box of those in one sitting. You probably suck on Ferrero Rocher, you massive ponce.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Could do a separate thread for "things you only buy/see/eat at Xmas"
    Prawn Cocktail starters, my missus still thinks it's 1986.

Not so. I'm not a massive fan of chocolate, but i can blast a box of those in one sitting. You probably suck on Ferrero Rocher, you massive ponce.
    It's like eating cough medicine

Dreadful

Prawn Cocktail starters, my missus still thinks it's 1986.
    My local Chinese gives a bag of prawn crackers away with every meal

I put them straight in the food recycling

They are shocking

They are shocking
    Yeah, they're not great. Fish shop chips as well, boring as ****, even with curry sauce on them.

They are shocking
    And you only get the free prawn crackers if you spend over £25 you greedy git, no wonder you bin them.

After Eights? Are you kidding? They're effing lush!

Yeah, they're not great. Fish shop chips as well, boring as ****, even with curry sauce on them.
    Does your chippy sell what is labelled as 'Irish Curry Sauce'?