+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2023 - does it have to be personal?

Re: 2023 - does it have to be personal?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Does your chippy sell what is labelled as 'Irish Curry Sauce'?
    Yes, what's it like?

They sell that in Irish pubs over here. It's like regular chippy curry sauce from the '80s. Only not even as good as that.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    After Eights? Are you kidding? They're effing lush!
    After Eights & Ferrero Roche are dreadful. I think there’s a box of one of them under the tree for me

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    After Eights & Ferrero Roche are dreadful. I think there’s a box of one of them under the tree for me
    I'm not into the Ferrero Roche either. I've always loved chocolate and mint though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yes, what's it like?
    It's a slight twist on the usual stuff they sell. Better, in my opinion.

I'm not into the Ferrero Roche either. I've always loved chocolate and mint though.
    The trouble is, I do eat them. Bits of bloody nut stuck in my teeth for days and that f*cking Ambassador’s Reception goes on way too long!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The trouble is, I do eat them. Bits of bloody nut stuck in my teeth for days and that f*cking Ambassador’s Reception goes on way too long!!!!!!
    He's just 'spoiling' you....

Yep

It's a heat notch above the normal mild one

But it's still not very spicy

Perhaps stop politicising it may help .

I find it strange when one is a caring person then throws appalling names at people politicians as it fits the narrative..

If parties stopped using the NHS has a political emotional tool and formed a joint uniform approach to fixing it .. we'd be a better society .

When parties shout they are the soul of the NHS its utter bollocks .

Will this togetherness happen to benefut all no ,as its a great battering ram and sadly folk suffer from both main parties belligerence.

Merry Bloody Xmas..

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

I find it strange when one is a caring person then throws appalling names at people politicians as it fits the narrative..

If parties stopped using the NHS has a political emotional tool and formed a joint uniform approach to fixing it .. we'd be a better society .

Will this togetherness happen to benefut all no ,as its a great battering ram and sadly folk suffer from both main parties belligerence.

Merry Bloody Xmas..
    Stop politicising everything?!?!, you’re one of the worst for doing it!! The right wing Sludge.

International

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Stop politicising everything?!?!, you’re one of the worst for doing it!! The right wing Sludge.
    It's called counter-balance

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Merry Bloody Xmas..
    One party set up the NHS, the other opposed it at every move and it’s no surprise that some think that party is out to crush it now. It’s far from bollocks, you are just on the wrong side.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Bosch View Post
    Today I read with utter disgust the thread about mental health among the homeless. Enough is enough. That was shameful. On all sides. Christ knows I'm no saint but as the world in general descends into polarised views can't this message board take a stand for the better and be more tolerant in 2023? Honestly, I don't care if you disagree with me but let's keep it on an even keel. I hate that life views immediately get attributed to right/left, red/blue, tory/labour. Life is so much more nuanced than that as the thread I refer to showed. I do think that thread got out of hand entirely though. I have strong views like the next man but try to temper them these days and consider a little. I'm not great at it, and at 44 it's still very much a work in progress. But wouldn't it be great if threads were simply deleted the moment name calling starts? Aren't we all better than that?
    This is a brilliant post and it's sentiment goes beyond the content of this board.

I don't know when the red/blue polarisation became one of hate and it became acceptable to accuse someone with a differing opinion, political or otherwise, of being evil. It is the one of the greatest weaknesses of modern society

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    This is a brilliant post and it's sentiment goes beyond the content of this board.

I don't know when the red/blue polarisation became one of hate and it became acceptable to accuse someone with a differing opinion, political or otherwise, of being evil. It is the one of the greatest weaknesses of modern society
    ....it became one of hate when the Tories demonised innocent disabled people. It became one of hate when they cheered in the HOP when denying nurses a pay rise. It became one of hate when the Tories bought DUP support. It became one of hate when extremists in their own party exposed their greed for party power over their duty to protect and support all members of society....need I go on? They've been in power since 2010. My heart bleeds.

These hand-wringing posts of poor, beaten and demonised Tories are becoming a bit of a theme. I smell a rat.

....f*ck the Tories.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    ....it became one of hate when the Tories demonised innocent disabled people. It became one of hate when they cheered in the HOP when denying nurses a pay rise. It became one of hate when the Tories bought DUP support. It became one of hate when extremists in their own party exposed their greed for party power over their duty to protect and support all members of society....need I go on? They've been in power since 2010. My heart bleeds.

These hand-wringing posts of poor, beaten and demonised Tories are becoming a bit of a theme. I smell a rat.

....f*ck the Tories.
    Shut up you whopper FFS

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Shut up you whopper FFS
    What's your problem? Telling someone to shut up on a message board. You need to grasp the basics pal.

What's your problem? Telling someone to shut up on a message board. You need to grasp the basics pal.
    Just replying to your pathetic reply … you need to grasp the basics of the post mate !

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post

and following post shows the issue, a shame that it has turned into this

....f*ck the Tories.

....f*ck the Tories.
    I entirely agree with you , I really cant stand the Tories

BUT on a warning from the gods above I am going to try and ease back on the clutch !

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Just replying to your pathetic reply … you need to grasp the basics of the post mate !
    I suppose if I'm going to go out, let's do it with a bang.
    ...**** the Tories
    ...**** your reply
    ...**** this board.

....f*ck the Tories.
    No, you needn't go on CN but you could, there is a whole more that could be added to that list. But, sadly, it would do no good. They will go on doing what they are good at doing; looking after their own and themselves and then, when an election is due they will lie, spin, bribe, vilify, demonise and whatever else it takes to con people into thinking they are the best choice. Unfortunately most folk ain't that bright and are very gullible.
    On a brighter note, City will win 3:1 this afternoon.
    Happy Christmas.

...**** the Tories
    ...**** your reply
    ...**** this board.
    You do wonder what kind characters use this board at times , I guess that’s got to be taken into account

...**** the Tories
    ...**** your reply
    ...**** this board.
    Is this a flounce? We haven't had one of those in a while. Nowadays people just stop showing up.

Is this a flounce? We haven't had one of those in a while. Nowadays people just stop showing up.
    It's the way forward.

Like going to the shop for a pint of milk and never going home. The right way to do it

...**** the Tories
    ...**** your reply
    ...**** this board.
    Come back, CN. You aren't a bad egg.