+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hudson on Colwill

Re: Hudson on Colwill

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Excuses galore from City and yet Wales don’t have a problem with picking Colwill in squads for major tournaments and he’s now played in a World Cup. We’re hearing talk about Colwill not fulfilling his promise and that may turn out to be true, but for now he’s not getting the chance to prove it one way or another.

We’re in the ludicrous situation where some pundits are seeing Colwill as the future of Welsh football after the era ending World Cup and yet his relegation struggling club, the lowest scorers in their division, seem determined to give him as little game time as possible. Another consideration in these financially troubled times is that he should be our most saleable asset, yet the way he’s being treated means his value is depreciating by the game.
    Madness!

Hudson is Morrison MKII. I believe that what Danny Gabbidon said of EJFOF is true, he warned about Morrison trying to lay claim to promoting the youngsters, when it was McCarthy.

Bagan whilst not great is a goos left back.

Only player to kick on i think is Mark Harris, limited but having a good season (at cardiff level)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Gonna be an absolute monster when he is fully grown.
    When he's about 35.

This thread is funny. Are people really suggesting that the club has made up Colwill's fitness problems?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    This thread is funny. Are people really suggesting that the club has made up Colwill's fitness problems?
    You don’t think clubs do that?

Excuses galore from City and yet Wales don’t have a problem with picking Colwill in squads for major tournaments and he’s now played in a World Cup. We’re hearing talk about Colwill not fulfilling his promise and that may turn out to be true, but for now he’s not getting the chance to prove it one way or another.

We’re in the ludicrous situation where some pundits are seeing Colwill as the future of Welsh football after the era ending World Cup and yet his relegation struggling club, the lowest scorers in their division, seem determined to give him as little game time as possible. Another consideration in these financially troubled times is that he should be our most saleable asset, yet the way he’s being treated means his value is depreciating by the game.
    Colwill has started two games for Wales. There is a big difference between playing regularly in the Championship and making cameo appearances off the bench in international football. Anyone who thinks he is the future of Welsh football at this point in time needs their head examined.

Who cares about the future of Welsh football at this moment. Just an improvement on our crap team would do.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    You don’t think clubs do that?
    But why would Cardiff City do it in this case? Despite your suggestion earlier in the thread, telling everyone that a young player who wasn't exactly a natural athlete before his latest issues isn't fit enough to train half the time probably won't increase the likelihood of other clubs trying to sign him.

But why would Cardiff City do it in this case? Despite your suggestion earlier in the thread, telling everyone that a young player who wasn't exactly a natural athlete before his latest issues isn't fit enough to train half the time probably won't increase the likelihood of other clubs trying to sign him.
    Yes it’s an odd one like I said.
    Or other clubs think he’s worth the risk because they know growth spurts is nonsense. Like I said I’ve never heard of a manager mention it before, maybe it’s genuine.

I find it all a bit off, if you don’t then that’s fine as well.

Hudson is Morison 2.0 without the attitude it seems. Loves a stat more than Eric. 47% of sessions, 120 point checklist before he can touch the grass, regaining trust in his own body. etc

Get on with it ffs. Sink or swim.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Hudson is Morison 2.0 without the attitude it seems. 47% of sessions, 120 point checklist before he can touch the grass, regaining trust in his own body. etc

Get on with it ffs. Sink or swim.
    Exactly what I thought, Morison started this growth spurt nonsense and Hudson is following along.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    We’re really hoping against hope re. Colwill aren’t we. If he does fulfil our desired optimism he’ll be a world beater, never known a player for us to be so ‘willed on’ by the fans and never known so many excuses/reasons given for his failure to kick on. I really hope it does work out for him and us but, in reality, he should have a 100+ appearances under his belt by now. Unbelievable that he’s a player who’s played in the World Cup Finals Tournament yet a couple of weeks later is still being pussyfooted around the first XI of a side in 19th place in the Championship.
    How many 20-year-old footballers who play for a Championship club have over 100 first-team appearances?

Exactly what I thought, Morison started this growth spurt nonsense and Hudson is following along.
    or maybe it's what the medical team has told them.

he's not exactly the first player of that age to lose a big chunk of a season to growth spurt related injuries

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

he's not exactly the first player of that age to lose a big chunk of a season to growth spurt related injuries
    It’s the best part of 2 seasons we’ve had these excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

Maybe that’s what it is.

More Gavin Rae and Joe Ledley I’d say - not sure Gunnarsson and McPhail ever played in the same City team.
    You'd be forgiven for thinking so, Bob, but they made 26 appearances together in Mackay's first season as manager. Not necessarily as first choice centre midfield pairing as McPhail was more of a bench player that season, starting only 16 games in all competitions.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    It’s the best part of 2 seasons we’ve had these excuses.
    Why are they excuses? If a young player's body is still growing then they're not ready to play professional football. Scott McTominay grew 10 inches after he turned 19 - Man Utd held him out of training sessions and didn't play him regularly during that time.

Page said it as well, that's 3 managers, maybe there is something in it?

Strange how many think it's some conspiracy or something

Why are they excuses? If a young player's body is still growing then they're not ready to play professional football. Scott McTominay grew 10 inches after he turned 19 - Man Utd held him out of training sessions and didn't play him regularly during that time.
    Steven Gerrard had a late growth spurt I remember as well that kept him out of action for about a year

I want Colwill to be a success here as much as anyone, and I think he will be once he is injury free and he can "trust his body", I still think he will be a star for us, joint top scorer last season wasn't he?

at the moment though I can't honestly say that I would start him against QPR, once he starts influencing games as a sub then I'd think about him starting games again

I thought Bagan came on leaps and bounds last season and scored some very crucial goals. Some players step it up more in actual games compared to training, surprised he hasn't really had an opportunity this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Who cares about the future of Welsh football at this moment. Just an improvement on our crap team would do.
    Aye bollocks to Cymru for a year

Quote Originally Posted by Hungry Blue View Post

Did Page say it because they said it? Let’s be honest Page has no clue what’s going on, he was a fringe player for a few weeks. I meant another manager about their players. Unless this is specific to him and he has rare growth spurts.

Might be genuine for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Hungry Blue View Post

James Rowberry also said it on EJFOF. It isn’t bollocks

How times have changed. Back in the day, a young player growing was seen as a positive, it meant he was getting bigger and stronger.
    Now it's being looked at as some kind of hindrance to his development.

Hudson said:
    "It's our job to get him firing on all cylinders. Then, well, what a player we've got."

To me that statement is a bit premature. He'll need to improve his decision making (Colwill) during play and get help from some running coach to try and improve his speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    James Rowberry also said it on EJFOF. It isn’t bollocks
    What is EJFOF?