+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hudson on Colwill

Re: Hudson on Colwill

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Bob Paisley and Joe Fagan (plus others from the boot room) were promoted from within at Liverpool with no management experience whatsoever but didn't seem to do too badly at it. Hudson had managed at Championship and Premier League level before he was appointed here.
    And lost every single one of them. That’s not fair to Hudson because there was only four of them, but it’s the same as you trying to make out that those four matches somehow turns his appointment into something of a coup for City

Love the idea that City have an equivalent of the Liverpool boot room.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And lost every single one of them. That’s not fair to Hudson because there was only four of them, but it’s the same as you trying to make out that those four matches somehow turns his appointment into something of a coup for City

Love the idea that City have an equivalent of the Liverpool boot room.
    Which one is Bill Shankly? We're going to win the Champions' League now. This is going to be an EPIC ride.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I would really like to know how you think that Colwill could/should have made over 100 appearances for City by now, bearing in mind that he only made his debut in April 2021 as a nineteen year old, there have only been about 70 league games since then and for most of this season he has been out injured as well. I hardly think that nine minutes at the end of an already lost World Cup match counts as a meaningful contribution. If he was that fit and ready to play and the Wales manager thought he was that good, surely he would have started at least one of the other two games or been brought on sooner in others ? If you also look at photos of Colwill from 2019 and compare them with what he looks like now, there has been a dramatic change in his height and physique, something that a number of the contributors on this thread seem totally unable to grasp, in the quest to discredit everything the club does. Quelle surprise.
    Colwill was 16 and 17 in 2019, there’s always going to be some changes in height and appearance with youngsters between those ages and twenty, but, to hear the club talk you’d think he’s grown another foot. I know you don’t like because it goes against your forelock tugging attitude when it comes to Cardiff City, but, as I said in another message, I’ve been watching Colwill play for a good few years before 2019 and I’ve yet to see a game in which he was not one of the tallest players on the pitch.

I also mentioned that having watched him play last season and this, I see no evidence of this apparent growth spurt.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Colwill was 16 and 17 in 2019, there’s always going to be some changes in height and appearance with youngsters between those ages and twenty, but, to hear the club talk you’d think he’s grown another foot. I know you don’t like because it goes against your forelock tugging attitude when it comes to Cardiff City, but, as I said in another message, I’ve been watching Colwill play for a good few years before 2019 and I’ve yet to see a game in which he was not one of the tallest players on the pitch.

I also mentioned that having watched him play last season and this, I see no evidence of this apparent growth spurt.
    Has Bellingham had any kind of growth spurt ….

Well, Rubin hardly set the world alight this evening, did he? Not sure whether the management style is holding him back or what, but we can't just keep waiting for him to come good. If he's that good, he should be absolutely bossing shite games like this evening's.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Well, Rubin hardly set the world alight this evening, did he? Not sure whether the management style is holding him back or what, but we can't just keep waiting for him to come good. If he's that good, he should be absolutely bossing shite games like this evening's.
    He’s not going to affect games stuck on the touch line. He’s not a winger

Looks very very slow both in possession, trying to get into position and when he hasn't got possession.
    Let's hope he's not 100%

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    A decent manager would have played him at number 10, not out on the wing

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    Looks very very slow both in possession, trying to get into position and when he hasn't got possession.
    Let's hope he's not 100%
    I don't think he is. Like you say, I hope not. He looked knackered in the first 20 minutes. I'll say this about him, he does seem to have a decent football brain. He seems like he knows what to do with the ball. He made/attempted some intelligent passes today.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I don't think he is. Like you say, I hope not. He looked knackered in the first 20 minutes. I'll say this about him, he does seem to have a decent football brain. He seems like he knows what to do with the ball. He made/attempted some intelligent passes today.
    I thought he got better as the game went on. He can beat opponents quite easily when he gets going, would be nice to play him more centrally.

Hopefully he can get a run of games under his belt. Gavin Whyte works hard but he's nowhere near good enough for this level

Seemed to me he created at least three clear cut chances and looked the most likely to make something happen when he had the ball. Other than O’Dowda he’d probably be my pick for MoM which says a lot. Did a lot of chasing as well before he got tired and got stuck in at times.

I don’t think it’s his fault he’s being played out of position in a team that seems to have no idea what they are doing. Only a complete moron would have a 6’4 playmaker with little pace playing out on the wing and asked to beat three or four players to create something out of nothing when he finally gets a decent ball played to him, but unfortunately I’m increasingly thinking our manager is exactly that.

Seems to be a really weird desire on this board to tear down our young players, don’t really understand it but there’s no way he’s anywhere close to the Wales squad if there’s not something about him. But I remember people saying Harry Wilson was shit when he was getting the ball punted over his head for 70 minutes a game as well and he’s just played his 8th straight game for a team just outside the European spots a league above us.

Pointless playing him wide, thought it hindered us especially with Philogene totally useless and losing the ball every time. Our best wide moments came from fullbacks. Ojo would have done a better job with the space but he’s the scapegoat.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Pointless playing him wide, thought it hindered us especially with Philogene totally useless and losing the ball every time. Our best wide moments came from fullbacks. Ojo would have done a better job with the space but he’s the scapegoat.
    I thought Colwill did ok, but Philogene was pretty wasteful