+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How the mighty are fallen.

How the mighty are fallen.

Re: How the mighty are fallen.

We shouldn’t mock other sports for their demise. Grass roots football struggled in the past to raise sides for Saturday/Sunday league games.

This is the heart of rugby

Not all the idiots getting leathered in cowboy hats , carrying bloody leeks a couple of times a year

This is the way the great game of skittles went!!!

It's the only way forward. When there used to be 8 fat blokes and 7 skinny blokes, mostly all unfit, there was plenty of room for 15 on the pitch and the game was great to watch. Now, with 15 steroid filled, fast and fit "beasts" there just ain't the space and a bore to watch.

I've said the same about Welsh Football that the season should be changed to run from March to October,
    Better conditions for everyone involved, players, fans, can play evening games without flood lights, clubs could have barbecues, bouncy castles to encourage families and youngsters to get involved
    Just seems crazy to me ever since I used to play Saturday & Sunday's

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    I've said the same about Welsh Football that the season should be changed to run from March to October,
    Better conditions for everyone involved, players, fans, can play evening games without flood lights, clubs could have barbecues, bouncy castles to encourage families and youngsters to get involved
    Did you play both ?

Some very talented dual code players in South Wales

I think if Cardiff , Swansea were successful top flight clubs the youngsters would desert rugby in droves

Most kids who are into sport are into football even here where rugby is supposed to be king

Yes played both, more football than rugby but in my experience and a lot of my mates who done the same if you was half tidy at Football, Rugby was relatively easy to play if I'm honest, a lot less skill needed

What sort of level of rugby are we talking about here? I think I lot of it just has to do with life being so complicated. Also, there just seem to be fewer reasons to leave the house these days. In the '70s life seemed boring. Going to the club, training and having a few pints was probably the highlight of your midweek. Now life seems overly packed. But what do I know? I was too young then and I'm too old now.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    This is the heart of rugby

Not all the idiots getting leathered in cowboy hats , carrying bloody leeks a couple of times a year
    this

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    Well that would be a quick way to destroy cricket