+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Brexit has cracked Britain’s economic foundations

Brexit has cracked Britain’s economic foundations

Re: Brexit has cracked Britain’s economic foundations

So true especially as it's been such a settled period throughout the world ..

How anyone can really evaluate the effects of Brexit is beyond me , at least we got the vaccine onto arms way before many other countries whilst Europe pondered..

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    So true especially as it's been such a settled period throughout the world ..

How anyone can really evaluate the effects of Brexit is beyond me , at least we got the vaccine onto arms way before many other countries whilst Europe pondered..
    That was nothing to do with Brexit. It was Johnson’s last gamble as he’d cocked up track and trace and testing. Luckily the public service got him out of a hole. As for Brexit, it’s the great unspeakable. Everyone with a brain knows it’s costing the country badly - on top of the rest of the issues.
    Last edited by Dave Blue; 28-12-22 at 22:59. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    How anyone can really evaluate the effects of Brexit is beyond me
    Yes, we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Yes, we know.
    Given how bad an effect Brexit is being seen to have had, imagine how bad it would’ve been without the pandemic to excuse some of
    It.

Ironic that over 60s brexit voters are thankful for covid

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Given how bad an effect Brexit is being seen to have had, imagine how bad it would’ve been without the pandemic to excuse some of
    It.

Ironic that over 60s brexit voters are thankful for covid
    Yes, a really well thought out comment. No doubt hours of painstaking analysis and research..

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    That was nothing to do with Brexit. It was Johnson’s last gamble as he’d cocked up track and trace and testing. Luckily the public service got him out of a hole. As for Brexit, it’s the great unspeakable. Everyone with a brain knows it’s costing the country badly - on top of the rest of the issues.
    Look, I agree with the sentiment but you can't say that track and trace was the fault of Boris but then claim the vaccine roll out was down to the civil service.

Both were government policies enacted by the civil service.

Some folk just live a moan and sit in the woe is me blame game .

During this cost living crisis folk have packed into pubs and eateriesand spent and not just rich Tories ??

This cost of living crisis ( around the world im my view is now levelling up the world after the effects of the recession , banks kept interests too low forbtoo long ,quantative easing was excessive ,Covid , Russia .engery squeeze , bkah ,blah ,blah , if someone can clearly set out the effects of Brexit in real terms and in isolation of all other factors I will glady listen .

With regards to the vaccine roll out because we left it did allow us to think and act independently not follow a slow moving group of European countries to reach a collective decesion.. France and the Germans reaction to the Zenca vaccine was appalling and untrue .

Same with Ukraine, other than brave Poland they had to be dragged to the table of support. But the UK pushed hard .. again fully justified..

Some folk just don't want to be proud of achievements or seek aspiration..

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    Look, I agree with the sentiment but you can't say that track and trace was the fault of Boris but then claim the vaccine roll out was down to the civil service.

He's right that the vaccine rollout was nothing do with Brexit though. The UK could have acted exactly as it did from within the EU. Attempts to claim otherwise are just disingenuous Brexiter attempts to rewrite history. (Although, must admit, I'd want to rewrite history if I were them too).

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Yes, a really well thought out comment. No doubt hours of painstaking analysis and research..
    Sorry but I don’t have the hours of spare time that certain other demographics do

Quote Originally Posted by HiVis View Post

I said public service. They are certainly different groups.

Quote Originally Posted by HiVis View Post

You're right, Track and Trace wasn't the bloviating bullshîtters fault. It was that incompetent melt Dildo Harding. There is a very strong link between the Jockey Club and many of these chumocracy contracts

Quote Originally Posted by waynekerr55 View Post
    You're right, Track and Trace wasn't the bloviating bullshîtters fault. It was that incompetent melt Dildo Harding. There is a very strong link between the Jockey Club and many of these chumocracy contracts
    Good to see that the years tarmacking the drives of the great and good of Hertfordshire haven't numbed your political antennae,

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Good to see that the years tarmacking the drives of the great and good of Hertfordshire haven't numbed your political antennae,