+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FT: COVENTRY CITY 0 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: COVENTRY CITY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Very useful? They're 13th in a truly terrible Championship.
    If they had won, they would have only been GD away from a play-off place in a truly terrible Championship though

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    If they had won, they would have only been GD away from a play-off place in a truly terrible Championship though
    If, if, if.

Coventry are a bang average side in a very poor division. It’s no more complicated than that. And City barely managed to get in their half during the second period. It’s pathetic.

O Hare who is a good Championship player was injured last game and its been announced its his ACL.

He will be a big loss to them. Cant see them making the play offs.

Kind of relieved Covid struck and ruled me out of going to watching that shower of shite. This club isn't even making a relegation attempt entertaining!

Hudson and the entire backroom staff have to go immediately. Half the posters on this board would be no worse.

Re: FT: COVENTRY CITY 0 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

I would have taken a point before the match started. However, although we were decent in the first half and the defence played well, the fact we didn't even get a shot on target is again worrying as was the fact we were very leggy after half time. That aside I'd like to know why Robinson didn't play or was not even on the bench unless of course he is injured but there is nothing I can see in the Press about that. With injuries elsewhere I am concerned about the side we will put out against Blackburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Kind of relieved Covid struck and ruled me out of going to watching that shower of shite. This club isn't even making a relegation attempt entertaining!

Hudson and the entire backroom staff have to go immediately. Half the posters on this board would be no worse.
    I really want Hudson to succeed and let's be fair the crock of shite Morison left him with, is going to make the job that much harder.
    But ffs let's give it a go, that 2nd half performance was woeful, were like a toothless tiger.

Good that we're hard to beat at the moment and keeping clean sheets, but we have to start scoring a few goals if we're going to stay up. Hard to see how that happens though.

It's a poor squad, that we're bringing on the likes of Sang & Whyte says it all

How many genuinely good Championship players do we have? 6?7?

Performance doesn’t matter.
    That’s a point gained tonight. I really didn’t expect anything other than a loss. Sunday will be tough again but we can’t get on their backs for what is a hard fought point

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    It's a poor squad, that we're bringing on the likes of Sang & Whyte says it all

How many genuinely good Championship players do we have? 6?7?
    To stay up? 1 striker, 1 manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    O Hare who is a good Championship player was injured last game and its been announced its his ACL.

He will be a big loss to them. Cant see them making the play offs.
    With the tortoise pace we play at he could have had a decent game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I would have taken a point before the match started. However, although we were decent in the first half and the defence played well, the fact we didn't even get a shot on target is again worrying as was the fact we were very leggy after half time. That aside I'd like to know why Robinson didn't play or was not even on the bench unless of course he is injured but there is nothing I can see in the Press about that. With injuries elsewhere I am concerned about the side we will put out against Blackburn.
    Hudson has given an update on the injuries here https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-city-25860451

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Performance doesn’t matter.
    That’s a point gained tonight. I really didn’t expect anything other than a loss. Sunday will be tough again but we can’t get on their backs for what is a hard fought point
    IMHO performance does matter. As a supporter I like to see the team create a few chances I also like them to work hard all over the pitch. I'd also like us to play some good football eg stringing a few passes together. None of these things are being witnessed this season.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Hudson has given an update on the injuries here https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-city-25860451
    Think both Robinson and Etete will face Blackburn.
    May even score a goal as Blackburn do ship a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    IMHO performance does matter. As a supporter I like to see the team create a few chances I also like them to work hard all over the pitch. I'd also like us to play some good football eg stringing a few passes together. None of these things are being witnessed this season.
    I completely get what you’re saying
    But when you’re not playing well don’t get beat
    They’re not playing well and were playing a decent side away from home.
    I’m happy to gain an unexpected point and hopefully performances (and goals) will come against weaker sides

We can't pass and the movement is terrible. The players are just not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    I really want Hudson to succeed and let's be fair the crock of shite Morison left him with, is going to make the job that much harder.
    But ffs let's give it a go, that 2nd half performance was woeful, were like a toothless tiger.
    I think we need to stop blaming Morison when he was told to slash the wage bill

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    Reminds me of the Alan Durban days when after a particularly tedious 0-0 draw one newspaper report started:

"Under Alan Durban Cardiff City are a hard team to beat and an even harder one to watch".

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I think we need to stop blaming Morison when he was told to slash the wage bill
    Morison definitely can be blamed for this squad.

Slashing the wage bill he got the likes of Bacuna , Murphy , Flint , Pack off the wage bill. All contracts up.

We managed to bring in if your being nice a bang average midfielder in Rinamohta as we could pay more than Reading. I bet Sawyers isnt on peanuts and the signing of Jack Simpson was ridiculous. We even paid a fee for him.

Thats before we add in the likes of Ojo , Tanner , Campbell , Alnwick , Etete.

Ok a couple may still come good but they arent up to it now.

He had a disaster of a window.

Especially with an embargo recovering from it could take years

Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus_Mills View Post
    We can't pass and the movement is terrible. The players are just not good enough.
    Thats just it. The players we have are not good enough even in what seems a really poor league.

Add in we have no set piece threat whatsoever we are in serious relegation danger.

These players are not suddenly going to play entertaining attacking football they are just not good enough.

Last night they gave their all kept a clean sheet and brought home a valuable point.

An ugly point what we need is to turn ugly points into ugly wins

Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    Reminds me of the Alan Durban days when after a particularly tedious 0-0 draw one newspaper report started:

"Under Alan Durban Cardiff City are a hard team to beat and an even harder one to watch".
    I was young under Alan Durban but from what I remember we were a very easy team to beat. 🤣🤣🤣

I think our fan base have become the biggest negative moaning bunch in the whole football league.
    I guess 2 stints in the greedy league and 4 Wembley appearances does that to you.
    When Morison signed the 17 in the summer I immediately said if we don't get relegated it will be an achievement.
    To change the whole style and system the club plays takes more than 1 transfer window to get it right.
    A hard fought point with a depleted squad was a good result.
    But you all keep going with ya - we are shite sack Hudson if it pleases you.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I think our fan base have become the biggest negative moaning bunch in the whole football league.
    I think the fanbase has become one of the most passive in the whole league. It seems plenty of supporters are happy to accept pretty much anything these days, including the feeble efforts of a side that has scored fewer goals after 25 games than any other in the club's entire Football League history, and a side that hasn't managed a genuine shot on target in 180 minutes of football.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I think the fanbase has become one of the most passive in the whole league. It seems plenty of supporters are happy to accept pretty much anything these days, including the feeble efforts of a side that has scored fewer goals after 25 games than any other in the club's entire Football League history, and a side that hasn't managed a genuine shot on target in 180 minutes of football.
    I'll accept 2 clean sheets in the last 180 minutes and I'll accept a battling away point with arguably 2 of our best attacking options out of the squad.
    You can't change the whole style of play in 1 transfer window, now you can bump your gums as much as you want about our limited attack but you've got to start with a solid base.
    I Davies , Collwill are coming back and Robinson and Etete will be back for Blackburn, we are finally getting a few options.
    I think people moan because they can.
    I'm not gona moan about yesterday's result or performance imo it was the best we could get in the circumstances.
    Everyone saying Hudson set up for a point and that's exactly what we got.