+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Embargo question

Embargo question

Dalman has said that the club have no intention of paying. FIFA have said pay the £5.3 million first installment and failure to do that has seen a 3 window embargo imposed.

The club have further stated that they believe the embargo will be lifted before the window.
    Has there been any update? Any idea as to the channels they're pursuing or when?

We're a few days short of the window opening and it is radio silence from the club on that front.

I shudder to think what will happen to the club if we have to go three windows under this embargo.

Re: Embargo question

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Dalman has said that the club have no intention of paying. FIFA have said pay the £5.3 million first installment and failure to do that has seen a 3 window embargo imposed.

The club have further stated that they believe the embargo will be lifted before the window.
    Has there been any update? Any idea as to the channels they're pursuing or when?

We're a few days short of the window opening and it is radio silence from the club on that front.

I shudder to think what will happen to the club if we have to go three windows under this embargo.

I think the club / Dalman said lifted but didn’t say before the start of the window. I though he caveated with hopefully before the end of the window

Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    I think the club / Dalman said lifted but didn’t say before the start of the window. I though he caveated with hopefully before the end of the window
    I thought he had said before the window in the articles I had read.

Not sure they've said specifically, but I suspect they're claiming that the embargo should be suspended whilst there's still court cases ongoing (our appeal to the Swiss courts).