+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Manager comments after Coventry 0 - 0 Cardiff

Manager comments after Coventry 0 - 0 Cardiff

Mark Hudson:

"When you don't play particularly well with the ball then it is important not to get beat. I thought we turned the ball over too much and put the ball at risk. We got trapped a little bit a few times.

"When that happens, you've got to put yourself on the line and stay together, and we did that.

"But, a clean sheet at this ground against a very good Coventry City side, a very good manager [Mark Robins] and in my opinion the best striker in the league [Viktor Gyökeres] shows that the boys are putting their bodies on the line for the Club.

"Our minimum requirement is that we fight for each other and we saw plenty of that today. We've had fatigue and cramp issues. The lads looked tired, but they kept themselves going.

"It was a good battling performance. The fans were with us until the end, and it was good to see so many of them here today."

Mark Robins:

"I think it was clear that they set up to frustrate us and that’s been the story of their last few games.

"They set up to take a point and they’ve done it which is really disappointing for us.

"We didn’t get any space or room and it was a really niggly game where they were going down at every opportunity to slow things down and the rhythm wasn’t there.

"If you can’t win then don’t lose, and we avoided that in a tricky game. We were trying to attack and score, and then you end up with gaps and they’ll exploit them. We didn’t have that killer touch.

"We almost scored with a couple of good chances, and a decent opportunity in the first half, but it was hard to find some space to break them down on a really difficult pitch.

"We had some good chances, some balls into the box, and decent moves. We were moving the ball but they were sat behind it, and it can become difficult."

And on the missing players:

"Robbo travelled and just missed out. We couldn't risk him." said Hudson,

"Kion has obviously had a spike in intensity and game time recently. He was fatigued and putting a player at risk isn't something I wanted to do. They'll be back in contention."

Re: Manager comments after Coventry 0 - 0 Cardiff

Nice to hear that Callum Robinson will be back for Blackburn on Sunday...there was a mention of his head being turned and he could be off.

I think he's right with those comments , there was definitely more scrap in the team last night

But it needs to continue

Another poor performance or a big defeat against Blackburn and its back to square one

I can't see us putting back to back wins together which is what we need to pull us up 👆

"Kion has obviously had a spike in intensity and game time recently. He was fatigued and putting a player at risk isn't something I wanted to do. They'll be back in contention."

I don't understand this and I'm sure the physios know what they're doing but come on - we've just had a month off ( he started played well in the Peter Whittingham game) and has played 2 and a bit games and is 'fatigued'.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post

I don't understand this and I'm sure the physios know what they're doing but come on - we've just had a month off ( he started played well in the Peter Whittingham game) and has played 2 and a bit games and is 'fatigued'.
    I'm 'fatigued' as well watching us every game.